I’m questioning my asexuality

Lifeisconfusing

Lifeisconfusing

So, I’ve identified as asexual for idk, maybe 4 or 5 months now. Im 15 years old. I’m also panromantic. Recently, I’ve been wondering if I’m pansexual instead. Because, I’ll be on Tik Tok, or see a picture of someone and think “omg they’re really pretty... I’d have sex with them if they want to. But I don’t really care that much.” I never think “I really want to have sex with them.” So, I’m not sure if that means that I am asexual. If I’m a type of asexual, like maybe grey asexual or something. Or if my sexual attraction is just lower than others. Can someone help?

Galactic Turtle

I don't think you should worry if you don't actively want to have sex with everyone you think is physically attractive. If anything I'd call that normal.

It's possible you could be asexual. It's equally possible you could be pansexual. Either way, you're only 15 at which point I think it is more common to simply recognize those you find attractive (either emotionally or physically) rather than develop any concrete sex habits.

For example, there are 15 year olds who can't wait to get drunk every weekend because it's exciting and new and what "adults" do. There are other 15 year olds who don't care about alcohol. More often than not, both of these types of 15 year olds become 30 year olds who drink on occasion but don't fancy getting completely hammered... if you get what I mean. 

• Like 3

well you either found cool words to call yourself before you figured out what they mean or you are having fun second guessing yourself for no reason.

I know you are in a hurry to figure out who you are, and I know that  might sound silly to you because of course you are already who you are.

afford yourself patience

• Like 2
Sarah-Sylvia

There's lots of young people who want to find their identities, but the problem is at that age you're still discovering yourself. People shouldn't feel rushed to find something, especially if it acts as a limit. Free yourself to be all you are! :D

• Like 1