New and asking questions

Furf

Hi there. Welcome.  I'm new here too. Iam an asexual male. For me it means I find women attractive and I enjoy their company. I've never had a desire to have sex with them though. I've made attempts at having sex just cause my partner wanted to and its kind of expected at a certain point..I've also thought I was gay because of my lack of desire in this area but I'm not. I just don't like to or feel the need to have sex. I think it's probably different for everyone. I'd imagine talking to your husband about this is something you have done already?.can difficult area for a man to discuss as its very tied up with his masculinity in our culture. Hope this site helps. 

NickyTannock

@Furf Welcome to AVEN!

Asexuality is a lack of Sexual Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have sex with someone (This is different from arousal, which doesn't always lead to desiring sex).

But an Asexual could experience other types of attraction.

Such as Romantic Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have a romantic relationship (I still don't know what that is, I'm Aromantic).

Sensual Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have intimate non-sexual physical contact with someone, like cuddling.
Aesthetic Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to appreciate someone's aesthetic beauty (you can't take your eyes off them).
Platonic Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have a close friendship with someone.
And more.

You can find out more in this short book about Asexuality that's free to read online: http://www.asexualityarchive.com/book/

There's also a very good one you can buy called "The Invisible Orientation: An Introduction to Asexuality".

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a "Tree Lovers" cake,

https://cakesdecor.com/cakes/181848-my-tree-lovers-for-greece

dpafetknzkdntaxglzsn.jpg

Archived