Questioning My Sexuality

MintyLife88

So basically, I'm a cis-gender female, but I'm starting to question my gender. I've never really thought about my gender until recently, because I've started to realize I prefer to look like a guy, and actually like when I'm mistaken for a guy when people meet me, but I still feel feminine because of my personality and body. I feel that on the inside, I'm a little bit of both, but I was raised to view myself as a female and still see myself as a female, but I still think that female doesn't really describe who I am. There have also been times that I've wished that I was a male, but also times that I've been happy with being female. I've been looking into the different gender identitys, but can't find anything that describes how I feel, and I'm hoping somebody who also questioned their gender identity might be able to help me figure it all out.

Any advise towards helping me figure it out, or even resources I could use to get more information would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi there ;)

It can be worth questioning and exploring to understand yourself more. I hope you find out more :)
Some girls can still enjoy masculinity, or even role-playing as a guy, so it doesn't necessarily mean something about your gender just from that,.. But moving on to what you said, it's important to consider that one reason you may feel female is because of your upraising and conditioning.

I still feel like a guy quite often myself, but it has very little meaning to me. I don't relate to being a guy and would have no problem letting it all go. I think that's an important mark.

Now, there's also the possibility that you might not 'just' be female. There's such a thing as being bi-gender (both male and female). There could also be more to it, like another non-binary identity. Or, you could simply be transgender (as male) but still dealing with your conditioning.

It could be useful if you shared more info around all this. And also, how would you feel if you gave up being female totally? How would it feel to be a guy for the rest of your life? That's a line a questioning that may seem a bit extreme, but it can reveal some things about you.

5 minutes ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Hi there ;)

It can be worth questioning and exploring to understand yourself more. I hope you find out more :)
Some girls can still enjoy masculinity, or even role-playing as a guy, so it doesn't necessarily mean something about your gender just from that,.. But moving on to what you said, it's important to consider that one reason you may feel female is because of your upraising and conditioning.

I still feel like a guy quite often myself, but it has very little meaning to me. I don't relate to being a guy and would have no problem letting it all go. I think that's an important mark.

Now, there's also the possibility that you might not 'just' be female. There's such a thing as being bi-gender (both male and female). There could also be more to it, like another non-binary identity. Or, you could simply be transgender (as male) but still dealing with your conditioning.

It could be useful if you shared more info around all this. And also, how would you feel if you gave up being female totally? How would it feel to be a guy for the rest of your life? That's a line a questioning that may seem a bit extreme, but it can reveal some things about you.

Thank you, that really helps.

OneConfusedBoi

I’ve felt pretty similarly to how you’ve described. I don’t really have a problem being female, but a lot of the time I want to present more masculine. I always just thought of myself as a tom-boy but I realize now that it’s a bit more than that. I’m still trying to figure out my own identity myself, but I’ve found a few terms that might help you. I have found that demiguy and transmasculine are pretty accurate and also many identities under the gender fluid spectrum. I hope this helps even if just a bit!

Wow, this is very relatable. I'm male, but I spend a notable amount of time wondering what it would be like if I were female instead.

I used to think I was just being well-rounded and attune to the gendered social experience, but nowadays I wonder if maybe I'm non-binary.

Oddly, though, it comes in phases, and right now I'm not questioning so much. But, last month it was really severe.

2 minutes ago, OneConfusedBoi said:

I’ve felt pretty similarly to how you’ve described. I don’t really have a problem being female, but a lot of the time I want to present more masculine. I always just thought of myself as a tom-boy but I realize now that it’s a bit more than that. I’m still trying to figure out my own identity myself, but I’ve found a few terms that might help you. I have found that demiguy and transmasculine are pretty accurate and also many identities under the gender fluid spectrum. I hope this helps even if just a bit!

Thank you. I'll look more into those terms.

Archived