• 6th january
    • 7th january
    • 8th - 31st january
    • Later than january
    • I leave them up all year round
    • I don't put them up in first place

This poll is closed to new votes

The irish thlradition is 6th january

Unfortunately didn't get to decorate this year but the decorations from last year were up till around this past May. Purely out of laziness. All were inside so no one noticed. 🤫 My tree is small and fake so that lends a hand in leaving everything up longer than intended each year.

everywhere and nowhere

The Polish tradition is 6th January too, but I always keep my Christmas tree a bit longer. Once I was all the time too lazy to remove all the decorations and the tree was standing until early February.

But this time I had no Christmas tree to decorate. My apartment renovation itself is finished, but I can't move back until kitchen furniture is ready - and it will be ready in late January... 🥵 And my Christmas tree (it's artificial) and all decorations are in my basement in that block. So my mom just lent me a tiny Christmas tree, some 20-25 cm tall (I'm totally unable to visually estimate lengths, distances etc.), with all the decorations - some pinecones and ribbons - just permanently glued to the tree...

A few years ago the apartment complex I live in kept their Christmas decorations until Valentine's Day. 

Thank you for including the last option.  I just don't like to fuck with seasonal or Christmas decorations.

I'm far too lazy to decorate. Also, i hate holidays. Bah humbug.

I did leave out the various holiday cards I got, but I've already tossed those as of the 27th.

No decorations here.

Normally some time in January, the actual date is a touch variable 

I believe the tradition is after the twelfth night 

Whenever my sister comes along and sneaks them down after Christmas 

I keep reading the title of this thread as if someone was saying "take down the decorations already!" :lol: 

When my mood allows me to traverse the house up and down, up and down, up and down again to put them away in the attic. Maybe this week since I have a lot of days off (thank you vacation hours!) 

Not sure. I’m going to leave them up until my husband gets fed up with them 😂

I love decorating the house for Christmas.  I always have a real tree, well two, as I put a tiny one in the music room with vintage glass baubles.  The one in the living room is bigger and has to have more robust decorations owing to my cat and his bauble collecting hobby.  I quite like clearing all the Christmas stuff away by New Year, ready to move on and get back to work.

I was going to take them down yesterday on New Years Day, but I’ve been sick so I’ll probably do it this weekend.

Janus the Fox

Roughly the 12 day of Christmas or sooner, they be down by this Monday this year.

Anomaly Q3Xr

I don't put any up.  It's not really something I celebrate.

What little I have is always up. 😁 I have LED Christmas lights strung around the living room telly and leave them on 24/7. I used to use a string of mini incandescent lights for that application but they weren't practical because they used more power and several bulbs quit before the entire string went out. I also have a wall festooned with gift bags from all occasions, in fact I just started a second wall.

• 11 months later...

@festiff

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived