im not asexual i feel like that girl from mean girls

jennahamilton1991

jennahamilton1991

i feel like because im not asexual people are like she doesn't even go here lmao. but i just want to be friends with everyone even though I'm straight. i just have a lot of feelings lol. 

Everyone's welcome here, especially regardless of orientation. In my opinion, we need multiple viewpoints or else these forums are just an echo chamber.

jennahamilton1991

@crazy ace thank you i got so much back lash trying to make friends on grindr as a girl lol because grindr is this app that is for male or male bisexual or male etc... basically they were like messaging me saying I'm a girl i shouldn't be on there and that i was stealing their men. lol like it's difficult to find a specific area to make friends like ok cupid or apps meant more for dating and hook ups... so i thought i try an asexual community that hopefully wouldn't get upset that i wasn't asexual and was just looking for some friends. 

1 hour ago, jennahamilton1991 said:

i got so much back lash trying to make friends on grindr

Aw hon, I think it's so lovely you're trying to make friends everywhere, but I'm not surprised that you didn't have much success on grindr!

There's a real lack of websites and apps for friendship rather than dating, but there are a few. There's one called Patook that's pretty good.

For one, this site is open to anyone so long as they respect it.
I think it's good to have some variety, it's also been useful for different perspectives.

You can notice how different some people are though, in example romantic and aromantic people can think pretty differently, I find.

I do think it'd be nice to have more ways to make friends.

2 hours ago, jennahamilton1991 said:

@crazy ace thank you i got so much back lash trying to make friends on grindr as a girl lol because grindr is this app that is for male or male bisexual or male etc... basically they were like messaging me saying I'm a girl i shouldn't be on there and that i was stealing their men. lol like it's difficult to find a specific area to make friends like ok cupid or apps meant more for dating and hook ups... so i thought i try an asexual community that hopefully wouldn't get upset that i wasn't asexual and was just looking for some friends. 

Hey have you tried to get involved in a community like Reddit? There are millions of people there and you can connect with people who have the same interests as you because there's no one specific topic but many niche topics so you can join communities of people who like the same stuff as you. Another place to meet people with similar interests as you is under YT videos. I watch a video I like, then go to 'most recent first' in the comments section and start conversations with people who recently commented (if they left a nice comment). I often start conversations that way and we end up wanting to chat a bit more off YT. Those are two great ways to make friends who have similar interests as yourself, as opposed going to random communities who have a specific niche or whatever ^_^

Ps -not saying you're not welcome here, just giving you some tips!!! 

Oh also, penpals websites like Interpals have lots of people who are looking for friends to chat with too! Only issue is there are always the gross weirdos trying to get sex in a sleazy and offensive way (same on any website) but if you can ignore them, then there are heaps of places to find people who are looking for friends online ^_^

jennahamilton1991

@Skittles87  @Sarah-Sylvia @Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) thank you all for the advice to sum it up I'm just worried of having people not like me almost all things involving sex or competition between women jealousy or men looking to date have made it so difficult to trust people and be friends with them. i was interested in this community online because it is more likely to avoid the sexual perverts or be hated by the dudes that are looking to date you and you're not interested. like this community feels like it be more safe in those aspects. i might look at patook or the other suggestions thanks I'm just scared of people looking at me in a nasty way because of those things. because I'm learning about people's sexual orientations and what i really like here is that some people can talk to someone and not get hurt or i won't hurt them because maybe here people have an emotional approach than a physical approach online. so if anyone would like to chat or be friends or need to talk I'm totally here for that. I'm introverted so it's not so easy for me to initiate conversations. message me if you liked to.😊 or what else can i do to avoid sexual perverts without having to learn the hard way through those other websites even if we have similar interests? i just thought here there is less of that happening. 

29 minutes ago, jennahamilton1991 said:

@Skittles87  @Sarah-Sylvia @Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) thank you all for the advice to sum it up I'm just worried of having people not like me almost all things involving sex or competition between women jealousy or men looking to date have made it so difficult to trust people and be friends with them. i was interested in this community online because it is more likely to avoid the sexual perverts or be hated by the dudes that are looking to date you and you're not interested. like this community feels like it be more safe in those aspects. i might look at patook or the other suggestions thanks I'm just scared of people looking at me in a nasty way because of those things. because I'm learning about people's sexual orientations and what i really like here is that some people can talk to someone and not get hurt or i won't hurt them because maybe here people have an emotional approach than a physical approach online. so if anyone would like to chat or be friends or need to talk I'm totally here for that. I'm introverted so it's not so easy for me to initiate conversations. message me if you liked to.😊 or what else can i do to avoid sexual perverts without having to learn the hard way through those other websites even if we have similar interests? i just thought here there is less of that happening. 

I think it helps to not be on a dating site :P You do still have to watch out for friendship perverts tho, they might look at you with friend crazed eyes, wanting to .. talk and hear about hobbies and stuff like that 😮
You can never fully be safe. (hopefully I don't suck too much at making jokes)

jennahamilton1991
Spoiler

@Sarah-Sylvia haha friendship pervert sounds like me. 😏 I'm gonna slide into your inbox and ask you how you are? and ask you to be my friend on every social platform MySpace Twitter facebook tumblr instagram hahha and wave at you on facebook. slide into your dms on instagram and make your inbox look like 153 messages and 153 notifications from me from 5 different social media platforms. lol just kidding. imagine if i did though haha 

23 minutes ago, jennahamilton1991 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Sarah-Sylvia haha friendship pervert sounds like me. 😏 I'm gonna slide into your inbox and ask you how you are? and ask you to be my friend on every social platform MySpace Twitter facebook tumblr instagram hahha and wave at you on facebook. slide into your dms on instagram and make your inbox look like 153 messages and 153 notifications from me from 5 different social media platforms. lol just kidding. imagine if i did though haha 

Wow that's intense. I only have one of those platforms tho :P
Feel free to message me in my inbox tho :)

Hi jeannahamilton1991 :cake:

You might want to pop into JFF or Arcade. They can be overwhelming but I think it's a good place to start making friendships. AVEN is a good place to discuss several aspects of life that often are taboo or not brought up a lot in general conversations

Archived