Having Sex but still Asexual?

HighlandTigger

HighlandTigger

Hello all,

This is my first post here, I couldn't quite find the answer elsewhere.

I've been considering for a while now that I may be asexual, I've never been sexually attracted to people and have minimal to no libido,

However, I do have a partner whom I do engage in sex with. I'm not repulsed by it, but don't find sexual enjoyment in it. I've initiated before though not out of desire but because I've found amusement in teasing them, I'll go along with in sex because I know they enjoy it and I want for them to be happy and satisfied, especially  since I know their libido can bother them.

This is essentially the gist of it, I want to hear if others would consider this asexuality?

Thank you.

• Like 2

well the diagnostic test here is: would you call yourself asexual? does calling yourself asexual benefit you, help describe how you operate to others?

that's about it.

@HighlandTigger Welcome to AVEN!

You could be Asexual.

Asexuality is not a lack of libido but a lack of Sexual Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have sex with someone (this is different from arousal, which doesn't always lead to desiring sex).

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a "Cat in a Christmas hat" cake (all edible),

https://cakesdecor.com/cakes/77176-cat-in-a-christmas-hat

kmeyo0gkhruyskfk527h.jpg

• Like 1

A/sexuality isn't about what you do, it's about what you want.

• Like 2
HighlandTigger

Thank you all for your replies, I'm going to think on it a little more but I think I will probably settle with Asexual Panromantic.

Thank you for the adorable cake as well, haha.

i define sexual attraction as a physical reaction that affects behaviour. mind you it's a definition that suits me and my understanding of my own asexuality. My story would be similar to your own

1 hour ago, HighlandTigger said:

Hello all,

This is my first post here, I couldn't quite find the answer elsewhere.

I've been considering for a while now that I may be asexual, I've never been sexually attracted to people and have minimal to no libido,

However, I do have a partner whom I do engage in sex with. I'm not repulsed by it, but don't find sexual enjoyment in it. I've initiated before though not out of desire but because I've found amusement in teasing them, I'll go along with in sex because I know they enjoy it and I want for them to be happy and satisfied, especially  since I know their libido can bother them.

This is essentially the gist of it, I want to hear if others would consider this asexuality?

Thank you.

Sounds just like me (except I have a medium/high libido). I identify as asexual. Good luck working this out 👍

Asexuality is a lack of desire to connect on a sexual level with another person for ones own sexual and/or emotional pleasure. Asexuals still have sex for all kinds of reasons (like the ones you outlined) but at the end of the day if their partner had no interest in sex, the ace would be 100% happy and satisfied with that, and would never think like "damn I wish we could have sex right now, masturbation just isn't enough.. I need to actually have sex with him/her". Does that make sense?

So given all that, it definitely sounds like you'd be asexual based on what you said :)