• Crosswords/sudoku (puzzle book time)
    • Jigsaws and other types of physical puzzles
    • Watch TV but not special new years eve rv
    • Hang out with friends
    • I do as I please
    • I object to the poll because you forgot _____________________
    • I do not follow the same calendar that 31st Dec is year end

This poll is closed to new votes

I will probably get high and sit there in the near-dark staring at my dog. (Okay, only the first part is likely.)

Sleep through it.

Chocolatastic AroAce

I work, so not much exciting planned. 

Lord Jade Cross
22 minutes ago, Chocolatastic AroAce said:

I work, so not much exciting planned. 

Same

𝗦𐌷𝖆七七ₑⲅₑ𝑑Ꙧⅰ𐍀𝑑

I might be going to a party at a church with other sober ( in recovery ( as addictions ) people or staying at home and hangout online and giving my husband and cat a kiss ( my cat is unwell and has to have an op on friday ( 27th) unsure if  we will be able to go if its not healing well ) 

Might go to family or stay home... Celebrating with my cat and dogs. May or may not stay up till 12am

Same thing I did last year. End up playing Mario Party by myself

Probably stay up watching anime and messing around on the internet.

Same as every year.
New year's dinner with grandma and mom, curled up in the sofa together with dogs and cats, chatting, drinking wine to the food, some beers and Baileys inbetween. Maybe some boardgames. Mom's Polka ice cream for dessert. Real champagne for ringing in the big 2020 of course. 
And just as we do every year we'll be watching:   

alcohol, that’s my plan. might go for a long walk that night. could watch a movie. who knows, so many utterly fantastic things i could do... 

everywhere and nowhere

I hate parties and want to just chat with a friend. I have also already spent some New Year's Eves all alone.

And only non-alcoholic children's champagne (maybe this year I'll manage to buy a new flavour? Some company has non-alcoholic champagne in bubble gum and candy cane flavours, but I'm worried that recently I have only seen one of them), I hate the taste of alcohol, feel huge disdain for its effects, so I don't drink it at all. My friends just have to accept that my home is alcohol-free.

Unfortunately, my friend smokes. :(:(:( And I'm allergic to cigarettes and just hate them, smoking is pure stupidity to me. She goes out to the balcony to smoke, but it really only helps a little - afterwards she still smells like cigarette smoke. :(

I totally hate tobacco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

19 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

I will probably get high and sit there in the near-dark staring at my dog. (Okay, only the first part is likely.)

Damn, I forgot get high in the poll. 

I also forgot reading a book and also, working. 

My last few new years eve's have been

- last year was watching last leg of the year on channel 4 followed by a movie (rough night) 

- probably watch American football although I might have been annoyed by an earlier result (this often happens when eagles lose in the early game and watched a movie instead so I don't watch the later games) 

- 3 movies (motel life, enough said, and the simpsons movie). The afternoon i think I read a book on asexuality

- futurama followed by a movie (say when) 

As long as I am not frantic on finishing a book, I guess something similar to last year

Probably same sorts of things I do nearly every night - some of the following: AVEN, work on hobbies, read, watch tv/videos/movies, play games (board and/or computer). And maybe I will get dressed up (or maybe I won't). All solo as usual, too. I rarely try to stay up until midnight anymore.

I tend to look forward to New Years Day more, as a nice quiet day when most people are not working and most businesses are closed and traffic is light, especially in the morning when lots of people are sleeping in (or sleeping it off). And I change my calendars. :lol: 

The only thing that is different than most nights is trying to fall asleep before the neighbors shoot off fireworks

Same as most NYEs. Have sister and her family over, a few drinks and nibbles, playing board games and watching Jools Holland 

Janus the Fox

Nothing in particular this year, family have work NYE and NYD, and I’ve got a bad chesty cough.  One drink if I could before meds for other reasons kick in and that be it.

CelesteAdAstra

Me and my friend will be having non-alcoholic champagne, go to a pizzeria with my parents, watch a movie and set off fireworks. We're always hyped up for New Year's Eve and we will probably end up doing weird things again this year. Last year, we danced around a firework volcano and chanted a fire song. That kind of thing happens when we're together.

im pretty much babysitting. my cousin asked me to watch her two kids so I get to hang out with them.

scarletlatitude

In recent years, whether I actually stay up or not depends on how much I want to watch the old year die. It's sounds morbid I know... but there is something nice about watching a hellish year end and counting down its final moments. 

@Una Salus Victus

No headbanger's ball? :) 

In my case food, watching fireworks, listening to music and watching YT videos.

Ugh,  I’m coming down with a cold. Hopefully that doesn’t ruin my plan of staying up. I was sick last year and went to sleep before midnight too, but I kind of wanted to stay up this year just because it’ll be the new decade.

Going over a mate's for a party. While it is technically a party, it'll be lowkey. We'll eat food, do crafts (I have balloon animals), play games and chat. We did it last year and it was a lot of fun, so looking forward to it this year.

Archived