Kura's Animal Crossing New Leaf Literal Let's Play

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

Day 61: February 23, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Hello, everyone, and welcome!

Last night I missed the K.K. Concert again, and it wasn't a great night for catching rare bugs. At one point I got so frustrated by all the common bugs on the fruit trees that I cut the trees down. But I promise to plant new ones once I'm done with all the loans.

Also, today's Pate's birthday! I got her what might be the perfect present for a little duck.

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested Cherries

Dug up Pitfalls, fossils [four old]

Harvested Lychees

Got 6/8 ore from the bell rock when I could have got all eight except for misplaced flowers making two of the ore vanish--now I've learned my lesson: I'll have a ring of space around each tree and rock from now on

Ordered Round Mini Cactus from Saharah at the Campground [it's cute and it reminds me of a Good Place joke, so I thought, hey, I might as well]

Harvested Pears and Apples

Harvested Bananas and Coconuts

Got a Science Table from Roald that I definitely didn't want

Worked at the cafe, got Superb Coffee Beans and the Cafe Uniform [looks like I've got almost all the cafe items!]

Used the Rotten Turnips as bait to catch and Ant, then donated it and got rid of the Turnips

Sold fruit, fossils, ore, Coffee Beans, and unwanted items

Bought Pate's Tea Set at ReTail

Gathered and sold Seashells

Updated Kittycat Town Dream

Visited Club LOL, traded a Cherry for Aggravation Joke

Ordered first expansion for Daily Fortune Items room

Saved mail

Stopped the Sphinx project [I thought a lot about this, and came to the conclusion that the super pricey Public Works Projects aren't worth it]

Gave Pate the Outdoor Bath for her birthday [now she can have an outdoor bath indoors! ...Yay!]

Went to the Island, played the Fossil Finder Minigame, which might just be the best minigame of all, since it gives a whole ten minutes! Some of them, like the Ore Finder Minigame, only gives a measly four minutes, and most of the others give around five. I got a whole bunch of rare fruit, and caught a Frog and a Crayfish in some ponds in the process, so there's two more creatures off the list. I'm not sure why they're counted as fish since...they aren't, at all.

Items Received:

Letter + Green Wallpaper [from Roald; not this wallpaper again--I don't like that particular shade]

Letter + Rocoro Carpet [from mom; why does she keep sending me things I don't really want?]

Letter + Wendell's Painting [from the Campground; it's a painting of the train and a field of sunflowers]

Balloon Present: Manor Wallpaper

Wrapping Paper [bought]

Daily Fortune #35: "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." = Master Sword [heck yeah!]

#30 again = Bear Pole [consolation prize; I had no idea what it was going to be based on the name, but it turned out to be a totem pole, so that's neat]

White Lily and Yellow Pansy [bought and planted]

Festivale Tank Top [bought; now I have all the Festivale clothes!]

Bunny Hood [bought; too bad it doesn't look like the one in Zelda games]

Next Plans:

Pay off the new loan

Buy another Pink Azalea Start and two White Azalea Starts

Beat the target scores for level 5-7 for Desert Island Escape's Normal Mode

Closing Thoughts:

...I didn't get around to playing Desert Island Escape today. *sigh*

Tonight I'll go back to the Island and see if I have better luck catching rare bugs this time.

That's all for today! See you next time!

Also, tomorrow is Festivale Day, and I've had my costume picked out for a couple days now, so I'm going to postpone picture sharing until tomorrow [not because I just forgot about it today].

Oh, and haircuts. Add that to the list of things I didn't get around to doing. 😅

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

I'm guessing they're both counted as fist because... they're both strongly associated with water? That's not a good reason, but it's the best explanation I could come up with. It would be like counting bats as birds simply because they fly.

The Master Sword is quite the improvement over the ordinary sword one typically receives after hearing those words.

When I first read "bear pole" I was picturing some kind of staff with an ornate bear head on the end of it.

Day 62: February 24, 2020 [Festivale Day]

Opening Thoughts:

First off, Festivale might just be my favourite holiday yet! It's so fun, with all the confetti flying everywhere, and everyone dressed up in their Festivale costumes, and getting to run around and collect feathers. If you give three of the same colour feathers to Pave, he'll give you a furniture item that's styled after him. You'd think that furniture based on a peacock would be absolutely beautiful, but they're not. They apparently sell for a lot of bells, so if collecting them isn't a goal, there's always ReTail. I actually wish this wasn't just a yearly thing, it's really, really fun. Or maybe it's just because I like catching things with my net. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Changed into Festivale costume

Got a new badge from Phineas

Added Letter Set to Tool/Trophy exhibit

Dug up Pitfall, fossils [four old]

Harvested Durians

Got coffee at the cafe

Harvested Perfect Cherries

Sold fruit, fossils, Pitfall, ruby, and unwanted items

Visited Club LOL, traded a Banana for a Delight Joke

Saved mail

Paid off some of the loan

Rearranged items in the Daily Fortune Item Room [there's not enough space to put the minimalist furniture and the 3DS and Wii U in yet, unfortunately]

Played Desert Island Escape, beat the target score for level five of Normal Mode

Did a lot of gardening

Pushed Snowballs into the river

Caught a LOT of feathers, and saved one of all eight colours

Items Received:

Letter + Letter Set [from the Post Office]

Letter + Sleek Bed [from Pate; not what I want at all]

Letter [from Elmer]

Letter + Round Mini Cactus [from the Campground]

Festival Lantern [bought]

Daily Fortune #21: "He who wishes to grow bigger would be wise to eat his roughage." = Super Mushroom [finally! What the heck's a roughage?]

#35 again = Master Sword [I don't need two!]

Red Cosmos, Red Pansy, White Azalea Start [bought and planted]

Potted Dafodil [bought]

Sea Captain's Coat [bought]

Funky Dot Skirt [bought]

Balloon Present: Donut Stool [I've been wanting this for ages!]

Next Plans:

Pay off the loan

Get a Pink Azalea Start and a White Azalea Start

Beat the target scores for level 6 and 7 for Desert Island Escape's Normal Mode

Closing Thoughts:

Poor Isabelle didn't get to join in on the festivities. 

I just realized something: Pave shows up every week at the Campground, and although you can only order three items from a camper villager a day, that'd still end up being nearly 40,000 extra bells a week. I wonder if anyone's actually tried that as a method of getting more bells? It'd sure be useful in paying off the loans. 

1 hour ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Pushed Snowballs into the river

I burst out laughing when I read that. 😁

The northern lights are so lovely.

And also, your Festivale costume is so cute.

Day 63: February 25, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Compared to yesterday, barely anything happened today. But now that the snow's melted, everything seems so beautiful and vibrant. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Changed into Spring outfit [I decided to go with the Daisy T-Shirt, Polka-Dot Skirt as usual, Heart-Pattern Socks, Pink Sneakers and until I find a hat I like, a Halo]

Customized Donut Stool to Chocolate Flavour

Dug up Pitfall, fossils [four old]

Worked at the cafe, got Superb Coffee Beans

Got 6/8 bells from the bell rock

Visited Katrina [she told me that Sunglasses were my lucky item of the day, but the Able Sisters didn't have any today]

Harvested Bananas and planted two

Visited Club LOL, traded a Banana for Anger Joke, and it actually made me laugh [there's only seven more jokes left to get, out of 40, and so far only three have made me laugh]

Sold fruit, fossils, and unwanted items

Gathered and sold seashells

Paid off a bit of the loan

Ordered Strawberry Hat and Watermelon Hat from the shopping cataloge

Played Desert Island Escape, but couldn't beat the target score [I got so close, I was only a few hundred points off]

Items Received:

Letter [from Elmer; he's sent me the same letter twice, but this time it was different, so that's a relief]

Black Katana [from Friga; she just up and randomly gave me a sword that, if the White Katana from weeks and weeks ago is any indication, probably costed almost 40,000 bells--what???]

Daily Fortune #10 again = Varia Suit Helmet

#4 again = Cowhide Rug [consolation prize; um...I wonder what the cow and bull villagers think of that...]

Yellow Rose and White Pansy [bought and planted]

Three-Leaf Clover Shirt [bought; now I've got something to wear on St. Patrick's Day]

Red Pom Pom Hat [bought; I like my blue one a lot more]

Next Plans:

same as yesterday

Closing Thoughts:

Now I'm waiting for March to hurry up and get here, so I can finally catch new bugs and fish. 

I bet you are really glad that the snow is finally gone. I would love to see what Kittycat Town looks like now. And your new Spring outfit, too.

If just one more joke can make you laugh, then you could at least say that 10% of the jokes are funny.

23 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Black Katana [from Friga; she just up and randomly gave me a sword that, if the White Katana from weeks and weeks ago is any indication, probably costed almost 40,000 bells--what???]

Wow! What an awesome gift!

23 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

#4 again = Cowhide Rug [consolation prize; um...I wonder what the cow and bull villagers think of that...]

I would imagine probably mortified and traumatized.

Day 64: February 26, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today was another relaxed day, aside from one minor annoyance.

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested Cherries

Harvested Mangos and Lychees

Sold the Festival Lantern to Cherry

Ordered Jester Shirt from Blanca at the Campground

Visited Club LOL, traded Banana for a Shocked Joke 

Saved mail

Ordered a whole bunch of clothes I previously had from the shopping cataloge [help! I keep being overcome by indecisiveness!] 

Paid off a little bit more of the loan

Found a Dandelion

Played Desert Island Escape, still couldn't beat the target score [alright, since the 'step on as many tiles as possible' approach didn't work, I''ll go for the 'escape in as few turns as possible' approach tomorrow]

Delivered a present from Pashmina to Cherry

Items Received:

Letters + Strawberry Hat and Watermelon Hat [from the Nooklings' shop]

Letter + Baby Teddy Bear [from Pashmina; it's so cute, it reminds me of Winnie the Pooh, how he looks in the original books]

Daily Fortune #14 again = Blue Pikmin Hood

#51 again = Wii U

White Lily, Yellow Violet, and White Azalea Start [bought and planted]

Dreamy Dress [bought]

Luigi Shirt [bought again]

Imperial Wig [bought]

Next Plans:

Pay off the loan

Get a Pink Azalea Start

Closing Thoughts:

So, Goldie told me today that Cherry's thinking of moving, but Cherry herself hasn't brought it up, so I can't ask her to stay yet. Here's hoping that she mentions it soon. 

Also, Alfonso's been gone for awhile now, but there still isn't a fence and sign to indicate that someone new's moving in. 

I hope so too! I don't want cherry to leave.

Day 65: February 27, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Hello, everyone, and welcome.

Today was a bit of a relaxed day, for the most part. It was raining the whole time, too, so I got to use my umbrella. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Gave the Bromeliaceae Plant to Cookie, got a CD Player in exchange [that's really nice of her, but I already have the Dice CD Player, and I don't need two]

Harvested Perfect Cherries, including a Rotten Cherry, whereupon the tree lost all of its leaves and is now just a big stump [I'm not really sure what to do about it now]

Harvested Durians

Visited Shep the Sheepdog at the Campsite [he must like it here, to come here twice]

Got 7/8 ore from the bell rock

Convinced Cherry to stay [she seemed really, really eager to leave, and now I kind of feel bad for making her stay...I just can't win]

Worked at the cafe, got Superb Coffee Beans and Cafe Gyroid #1

Put the Cafe Gyroid in the Gyroid exhibit

Sold fruit, fossils, unwanted items, and ore

Visited Club LOL, traded a Banana for Thought Joke

Saved mail

Got an unexpected house visit from Colton

Played Desert Island Escape, but ended up with a terrible score because I didn't know that the items aren't always in the same places 

Caught and sold a lot of fish for a whole hour while trying to find a Coelcanth [I found a fish that swam away when I reeled in the line in next to it, and since no fish has ever done that, I guess I found it...*sigh*]

Updated Kittycat Town Dream [I had to wait for the internet to be on again]

Paid off a bit more of the loan

Started Fence Public Works Project [I put it right where the Sphinx would've been, behind Goldie's House; I'm going to put rare flowers in it]

Items Received: 

Letters + six previously owned clothes [from the Nooklings' shop]

Letter + Jester Shirt [from the Campground]

Letter [from Friga]

Cloudy T-Shirt [from Goldie]

Balloon Present: Flat-Screen TV [not another one!]

Balloon Present: Tea Tansu [it looked like a shelf for putting tea on? It's huge, too, and it barely fit in my living room, albeit a living room that barely has any space left]

Lovely Wallpaper [bought]

Daily Fortunr #9 again = Majora's Mask

#3 again = Hero's Clothes

Yellow Violet and White Tulip [bought and planted]

Ninja Hood [bought]

Balloon Present: Hopscotch Carpet [I was excited until I found out the sidewalk comes with it]

Balloon Present: Flower Display Case [yet another giant thing I didn't need in my house]

Next Plans:

same as yesterday, along with:

go to the Island tomorrow night

Closing Thoughts:

Since it was raining all day today, I'll have to try using the rotten fruit as Fly bait tomorrow.

I'm either going to try beating the target score for level 7 tomorrow, or try level 6 AGAIN but with Cookie, Colton, and Cherry, so that I can have two teammates identifying what items are where, while Colton forges ahead as far as possible each turn.

Day 66: February 28, 2020

Opening Thoughts: 

Tasks Accomplished:

Dug up fossils [four old] and three new Gyroids

Got a Treadmill from Cherry

Got 7/8 bells from the bell rock

Got Flower Bed from the Campground [it's a lot bigger than I thought it would be; I don't know if I'll keep it yet]

Gave a Pear to Cookie, got a Cloud Carpet [nice, but I already have one]

Put the Gyroids in the Gyroid exhibit

Harvested Bananas, planted three

Gathered and sols Seashells

Visited Club LOL, traded a Pear for a Flourish Joke

Saved mail

Gave Snake Plant to Goldie, got another copy of Goldie's Picture

Played Desert Island Escape, didn't get even close to the target score [that was totally my own fault; I persisted in assuming that one of the logs needed for the raft was behind a Snake Tile, but it wasn't, and I wasted a whole day and a half, when there's only seven days and three turns each for the three teammates. *sigh* I'll try one more time, and then move on, and try again later.

Delivered a present from Goldie to Friga, got a Candy Gingham T-Shirt that I didn't want

Visited Colton's House, got a Cow Skull that I definitely didn't want [that'll teach me to stop looking in peoples' fridges...yikes...]

Got a Sleek Sofa from a tree

Got a Minimalist Table from a tree [I already have two]

Caught three bees, then got stung 

Sold unwanted items

Paid off some of the Fence fund

Items Received:

Letter + Orange Pants [from Colton]

Letter + Fertilizer [from Leif]

Blue PJ Shirt [from Friga]

Balloon Present: Balloon Lamp

Daily Fortune: #6 again = Refrigerator [consolation prize]

#55 again = Nintendogs Dachshund Figurine

Yellow Lily and Yellow Rose [bought and planted]

Azalea Bonsai [bought]

Balloon Present: Balloon Dresser

Next Plans:

Visit Redd, buy a painting

Go to the Island tonight

Pay off the Fence fund

Pay off the loan

Get a Pink Azalea Start

Closing Thoughts:

It's kind of odd, seeing everything green in game when there's snow everywhere outside my window.

Day 67: February 29, 2020 [Leap Day]

Opening Thoughts:

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested Cherries

Dug up fossils [four old]

Harvested Mangos

Harvested Lychees

Customized Kiwi Stool to gold colour

Donated painting

Found Gulliver; sent him to Italy 

Visited Police Station, got Red Pansy, Egg Parasol, Ninja Shirt, Flame Umbrella, and Watermelon Table

Sold fruit and Flame Umbrella

Worked at the cafe, got Superb Coffee Beans and cafe Gyroid #2

Customized Watermelon Table to yellow, just to see what it was like [I didn't like it]

Put the new Gyroid in the Gyroid exhibit

Visited Club LOL, traded a Banana for a Sorrow Joke

Saved mail

Paid of some of the loan

Accidentally bought a Neutral Carpet

Ordered Ninja Sandals from the shop cataloge

Visited Pate's House

Paid off a bit of the Fence fund

Elmer visited my house [I want him to invite me to visit him so I can get his Ice Cream and Sundae items--does that sound mean?]

Played Desert Island Escape; still couldn't beat the target score [Urgh]

Caught and sold some fish

Fell into a Pitfall

Customized Watermelon Table to Seedless type

Items Received:

Letter + Painting [from Redd]

Letter + Kiwi Stool [from Colton]

Letter [from Goldie]

Balloon Present: Stripe Lamp [sold]

Daily Fortune #6 again = Bread Box [consolation prize; I'm not really sure what to do with it, since the other options for customizing are Plain and Raisin, and I don't like raisins at all]

#43 again = Varia Suit Boots [sold]

White Pansy and White Cosmos [bought and planted]

Balloon Present: Kitchen Scale [sold]

Next Plans:

Go to the Island tonight

Pay off the Fence fund

Pay off the loan

Get a Pink Azalea Start

Beat the target score for level 7 for Desert Island Escape's Normal Mode

Get another set of turnips tomorrow morning, because apparently you can only catch a Fly on rotten turnips or trash, and since I have the Beautiful Town, I won't be getting any of the latter. You'd think rotten fruit would work fine, too. 

Closing Thoughts:

I just realized that I only need one Historical outfit for Gracie's Fashion Check, as she's unlikely to select it more than once. I've wasted so many bells! I feel like such a doofus. >.< Oh, well. I'm still keeping the ninja outfit, since i'm only missing the pants.

Also, if my math skills aren't going into alternate dimensions like they usually do, I'll only need to go to the Island at night tonight, tomorrow, next Friday, next Saturday, and next Sunday. Then, hopefully, I'll have enough bells for the last expansions for the Daily Fortune Item room, the Attic, the Food room, and the Game/Random Stuff room [which will eventually become the Balloon Item room]. 

Edit in:

So I went to the Island not once, but twice tonight, mainly because I had super luck when it came to catching things and filled up the transport storage by 8:00, so I thought, hey, I might as well go back and see if I can catch more. I'm glad I did, because I caught FIVE Golden Stage Beetles! Plus several Whale Sharks during both trips. So the combined bug catching fest resulted in something close to 700,000 bells. I've decided that once I'm done paying off the loans, I won't go bug hunting at night anymore unless I really, really need a lot of bells all of sudden for some reason. 

Soooooo tired....

Day 68: March 1, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

It's finally March, and I've already caught four of the creatures that can be found in this month, as you'll see below. They're quite common, though.

Tasks Accomplished:

Got ten Turnips from Joan

Harvested Durians

Traded Neutral Wall for Cherry's Sleek Sideboard [not because I wanted it, just because she seemed really eager]

Caught Common Butterfly

Caught Tadpole

Caught Yellow Butterfly

Harvested Coconuts and Bananas

Sold fruit, fossils, unwanted items

Put the Piggy Bank in the Tool/Trophy exhibit

Donated caught creatures

Caught and donated Ladybug

Paid off the remainder of the Fence fund

Visited Club LOL, traded a Banana for Distress Joke

Saved and organized mail

Delivered a present from Friga to Roald, got a Sword in return [great, but I already have one...]

Got a Freezer from Elmer [i wanted ice cream! Hmph.]

Played Desert Island Escape, but couldn't beat the target score for Normal mode level 7, either [skdjkshfkshgksh]

Went to the Island, played the Hide and Seek minigame, which might be my second favourite minigame, got and sold rare fruit

Paid off a lot of the loan

Items Received:

Letter + Ninja Sandals [from the Nooklings' shop]

Letter + Mouth of Truth [from Gulliver; ...that's nice of him, I guess?]

Letter + Piggy Bank [from the post office]

Letter + Neutral Wallpaper [from Pate; I don't want that any more than I wanted the Neutral Carpet]

Letter [from the post office]

Daily Fortune #5: "Sometimes treasure is not hidden. It is only invisible." = Hero Pants [er...]

#29 again = Yoshi Egg

White Pansy, White Rose, and Pink Azalea Start [bought and planted]

Blossoming Dress [bought; it's so beautiful! It's a kimono, but it's also a dress!]

Happi T-Shirt [bought, because it reminded me a bit of my old Karate gi]

Paw Umbrella [bought; I've found the Holy Grail of umbrellas! It's adorable!]

Next Plans:

Go to the Island tonight

Pick a new Public Works Project [probably the Drinking Fountain; I thought it'd be a nice present to Isabelle, so she can have a drink whenever she wants]

Try out Desert Island Escape Intermediate mode level 1

Closing Thoughts:

There's only six Daily Fortune items left to get. I'll get them all eventually...

On 2/27/2020 at 4:44 PM, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Harvested Perfect Cherries, including a Rotten Cherry, whereupon the tree lost all of its leaves and is now just a big stump [I'm not really sure what to do about it now]

Now I understand what's happening in this comic.

gamercat_170.jpg

On 2/28/2020 at 4:15 PM, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Visited Colton's House, got a Cow Skull that I definitely didn't want [that'll teach me to stop looking in peoples' fridges...yikes...]

Uh... that sounds a bit... unsettling, actually.

On 2/29/2020 at 4:31 PM, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

I don't like raisins at all]

Neither do I. Yuck.

On 2/29/2020 at 4:31 PM, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

I'm still keeping the ninja outfit, since i'm only missing the pants.

I would love to have a ninja outfit. I think it would be fun to have and put on sometimes. Though, I do wonder what colour it is in the game. If they were being realistic to what ninjas would actually wear, then it would be blue. But stereotypically  ninja outfits are usually made black.

4 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Delivered a present from Friga to Roald, got a Sword in return [great, but I already have one...]

More than one, actually, if you count your two Master Swords and the Black Katana.

[i wanted ice cream! Hmph.]

Where's Sherbert when you need him? 😛

"Sometimes treasure is not hidden. It is only invisible." = Hero Pants

.....what?

Edit in: I'm back from my nighttime Island trip. I managed to get nearly 350,000 bells this time around, thanks to catching five more Golden Stag Beetles! 

Also, the Ninja Outfit is indeed blue. 😎

Day 69: March 2, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today was a pretty relaxed day.

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested Mangos

Caught Honeybee

Visited Peck the Ostrich at the Campsite

Caught Loach [it's a fish, if you're wondering]

Helped bury Pate's time capsule

Gave a Mango to Elmer, got a Dazed T-Shirt in return, which I didn't want

Got 6/8 ore from the bell rock

Went to the ceremony for the new Fence

Started the Drinking Fountain Public Works Project [I put it right next to the Town Hall]

Donated creatures

Harvested Bananas

Sold fruit, fossils, ore, and unwanted items

Goldie visited my house

Visited Club LOL, traded Banana for Fearful Joke [only one more to go!]

Saved mail

Paid off some of the loan, then withdrew 50,000 extra bells I had and paid off almost all of the rest

Caught and sold a LOT of fish, and gathered and sold some more Seashells

Traded fish for Cherry's Pink Wave Tank Top

Caught and donated Pop-Eye Goldfish [I've been trying to catch one for ages!]

Visited Goldie's House

Paid off the rest of the loan

Ordered the last expansion for the Daily Fortune Item room

Played Desert Island Escape; cleared Intermediate Mode level 1

Reorganized a lot in the DF Item room, the Gulliver item room, and game room

Items Received:

Letter [from Cherry]

Round Carpet [bought]

Daily Fortune #3 again = Hero Clothes

#1 again = Mushroom Kingdom Mural

Red Pansy, White Cosmos, and two bushes

Next Plans:

Pay off the new loan

Pay off the Drinking Fountain fund

Closing Thoughts:

You might be wondering why I bought two bushes. Well, I've got a plan to make pathways using bushes, but I don't know if it'll actually work. 

Also, since I yet again missed picture sharing day, I'll do that a bit later on. 

Using bushes to make pathways is a neat idea. Hopefully it works out.

Everything looks so much more pretty and bright now that the snow is gone, and your new outfit is lovely, too. I especially like how there are two nearly identical pictures of you standing next to the Town Tree (or whatever it's actually called), one in the winter and one in the spring, and that they're only one day apart.

Day 70: March 3, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So, it looks like Pashmina is leaving on the 12th of this month. I wonder if she'll change her mind like she did last time.

Tasks Accomplished:

Redecorated in the DF Item Room

Harvested Cherries

Dug up fossils [one new, three old; finally! Only one more to find!]

Harvested Mangos

Got a Perfect Cherry, and planted it

Harvested Lychees

Ordered Lily Pad Table and Pondering Clam Shell from Pascal at the Campground

Worked at the cafe, got Superb Coffee Beans and cafe Gyroid #3

Harvested Bananas

Put the Gold HHA Plaque in the Tools/Trophy exhibit

Gathered and sold Seashells and extra Bananas and Coconuts I missed

Visited Club LOL, traded Banana for Special Dr. Shrunk Joke, and got Dr. Shrunk Jacket, and put it in the Tools/Trophy exhibit

Put the cafe items and cafe outfit in the Tools/Trophy exhibit

Saved mail

Withdrew 598,000 bells to pay off the loan

Ordered first expansion for the food room

Played Desert Island Escape; cleared Intermediate Mode level 2

Did a LOT of gardening

Harvested some Cherries and Pears that I missed

Visited Redd, but the genuine painting was one I already have

Items Received:

Letter + Sleek Sofa [from Goldie]

Letter + Ribbon Paper [from mom]

Letter + Gold HHA Plaque [from HHA; I got 70,000 points!]

Daily Fortune #6 again = Handcart [consolation prize]

#43 again = Varia Suit Boots

Yellow Tulip and Yellow Lily [bought and planted]

Balloon Present: Mosaic Tile [sold]

Balloon Present: Simple Love Seat [sold]

Next Plans:

Pay off the new loan

Pay off the Drinking Fountain fund

Go diving for a Spider Crab [in town] and a Flatworm [on the Island]

Catch Char, Cherry Salmon, and Rainbow Trout

Closing Thoughts:

So I gave up on the bush pathway idea, as one of them wilted, so I guess they can't be planted too close together. Then I remembered that you can use any of the patterns saved in the pattern menu as pathways, so I spent a loooong time making cookie pathways all over town. i'm still not sure if it'll work out, since I'll need to go off path to get fruit and find fossils and catch fish, so...yeah...

All the loans are so expensive now, it's ridiculous. One would think with how many bells you're paying on your house that it'd be the size of a mansion.

But your house must still be impressive, nonetheless, since you have a Gold HHA Plaque now. Congratulations!

This may be silly, but every time I hear or read the phrase "so... yeah...", I think of Red at the end of every Trope Talk video.

Edit in: I randomly decided to try some extra fishing, and caught a Char, a Cherry Salmon, and a Rainbow Trout, and then I decided to go diving just to see if I could catch a Spider Crab, and I did! I caught some other things, and sold them, and paid off almost all of the Drinking Fountain fund. 

Day 71: March 4, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Not too much happened today.

Tasks Accomplished:

Reorganized in the Food room

Dug up fossils [three old; I went around the town twice, and couldn't find the other one]

Harvested Durians

Visited Becky the Hen at the Campsite

Visited Katrina

Returned Pate's lost mitten, got a Pink Parka in return [it looks more like a pink jacket to me, but it's cute, so I kept it]

Traded gold nugget for Friga's Minimalist Lamp

Harvested Coconuts and Bananas

Paid off the rest of the Drinking Fountain fund

Played Desert Island Escape, but couldn't clear the next level

Items Received:

Letter [from Cherry]

Letters + Lily Pad Table and Pondering Clam Shell [from the Campground; the Clam Shell's a music box!]

Tea Table [bought]

Writing Chair [bought]

Daily Fortune #57 again = New 3DS

#11 again = Midna's Mask

Yellow Lily and White Lily [bought and planted]

Orange Tie-Dye T-Shirt [bought]

Green Tie-Dye T-Shirt [bought]

Tsunokakushi [bought; it looks like some sort of ancient Japanese headdress]

Next Plans:

Pay off the loan

Pick a new Public Works Project [probably either the Log Bench or the Instrument Shelter, which will tell you what the weather will be like each hour]

Closing Thoughts:

I'm genuinely considering getting the amiibo reader and some of my chosen cards soon. But I haven't fully decided yet. 

Day 72: March 5, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

I've got some good news--looks like there'll be a big reprinting of the amiibo cards for the release of New Horizons, and not only that, they'll [presumably] be compatible with both New Leaf and the new game. 😎

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested Mangos

Dug up fossils [four old; I went around town THREE times trying to find the last one, and it was hidden behind a bush] and three Gyroids [two new, one old]

Got 6/8 ore from the bell rock

Found a Pink Cosmos, and added it to my garden

Colton visited my house

Played Hide and Seek with Pate, Colton, and Goldie; got a Bug Zapper in return [well, that's really random]

Harvested Apples and Pears

Harvested Bananas

Found Gulliver; sent him to China [oh, gods...of all the places the game could pick, it chose China...agh]

Put the new Gyroids in the Gyroid exhibit

Got a Pop Bloom Shirt from Goldie [it's got giant flowers on it]

Got a new badge from Phineas

Went to the ceremony for the Drinking Fountain

Started Log Bench Public Works Project [for some odd reason, they can't be set right next to the Campfire, so I'm only doing one]

Friga visited my house unexpectedly, and gave me a TV Camera 

Visited Goldie's House

Played Desert Island Escape; cleared Intermediate Mode level 3 [I finally figured out that I was supposed to go all the way to the far right part of the island, pick up the silver nugget, make a silver slingshot, then go all the way back to the far left side, use the slingshot on the gauntlet of the centipede, snake, and tarantula, and then get the raft sail]

Paid off a tiny bit more of the loan

Items Received:

Letter = Game Shelf [from Cherry; it's got a little Gamecube on it!]

Balloon Present: Silver Slingshot [sold]

Balloon Present: Stripe table [sold]

Painting Set [bought]

Daily Fortune #10 again = Samus Helmet

#48 again = Triple Bananas

White Cosmos and White Violet [bought and planted]

Star t-Shirt [bought]

Outback Hat [bought]

Next Plans:

Pay off the loan

Pay off the Log Bench fund

Catch a Spider

Closing Thoughts:

So, I found out something that made me really annoyed. Once you pass Gracie's Fashion Checks, she'll open up her shop in the final Nookling Shop upgrade. BUT her items are only available at certain times of the year, and not only are they ludicrously expensive [I'm talking over 200,000 bells for some of them, or even 300,000], you have to wait MONTHS for the end of season sale if you want to buy them at lower prices. So I'll have to wait 'til September at the earliest just to buy the Sweet series of items. Of course the ones I want most are like that. I don't even want any of her other items she has available, either. 

Alright, I'm done ranting. For now. 

That's great. Now hopefully Nintendo doesn't do the unthinkable and make the new amiibo cards work exclusively for New Horizons.

I think it's very irritating when certain items are only available during certain times of the year.

Day 73: March 6, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today I went all over town, trying to find a spider, but I couldn't find any.

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested Cherries and two Perfect Cherries

Harvested Mangos and Lychees

Caught five bees

Delivered a present from Goldie to Pate

Planted Perfect Cherries

Planted two Lychees

Worked at the cafe, got Superb Coffee Beans and cafe Gyroid #4

Paid off a fair amount of the loan

Sold eight Perfect Cherries from storage

Paid off a little bit of the Log Bench fund

Saved mail

Played Desert Island Escape; cleared Intermediate Mode level 4 [just 2,100 points more and I would have beat the target score. *sigh*]

Items Received:

Letter + Red Tasseled Lantern [from Gulliver]

Letter + Sleek Sideboard [from Colton; enough of the Sleek furniture! I still don't want any!]

Letter + Illusion wall [from Goldie; I saw that at the Nooklings' a few days ago; it's got little cats on it]

Letter [from Cherry]

Balloon Present: Balloon Lamp [sold]

Pear Dresser [from a tree; I don't need two...]

Balloon Present: Simple Love Seat [sold; another one??]

Balloon Present: Balloon Sofa [sold]

Maze Floor [bought]

Daily Fortune #11 again: Midna's Mask

#9 again: Majora's Mask [what're the odds of getting both in one day?]

Number 8 Lamp [bought]

Red Pansy and Purple Violet [bought and planted; doesn't that make it a Violet Violet?]

Next Plans:

same as yesterday

Closing Thoughts:

The grass is deteriorating a lot. Maybe it's because I play every day. *sigh*

Speaking of little cats... *pets a purring Jena*

A Violet Violet? One might even say that's Ultra Violet.

It's a big relief that deteriorating grass won't be a thing in New Horizons. That doesn't exactly help with this game, though...

Day 74: March 7, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Not too much happened today, but that's okay since I'm planning to go to the Island tonight.

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested Durians

Got the Whole Pizza from the Campground [finally! The last time that was available, I didn't have enough MEOW Coupons. Now I've got loads.]

Harvested and stored Perfect Cherries

Visited the Police Station, got Red Pansy and a Pitfall [well, that's disappointing]

Harvested two Coconuts and two Bananas, and planted them [eventually, the whole beach will be full of trees]

Worked at the cafe [I guess I don't have to put 'got Superb Coffee Beans' every single time anymore, since I've got my coffee preference notes]

Caught some butterflies and fish, and sold them

Paid off the last of the Log Bench fund

Played Desert Island Escape; cleared Intermediate Mode level 5

Visited Elmer's House [I even brought three items over, anticipating a trade, but he instead offered to sell me some of his items, and I didn't have any bells on me, and he wouldn't give me the dessert items I wanted anyway. Hmph.]

Got 7/8 bells from the bell rock [I totally forgot to do that earlier]

Items Received:

Letter [from Goldie]

Daily Fortune #44: "Garlic is not a substitute for personal hygiene." = Wario Mustache 

#20 again = Fire Flower

White Violet and Red Cosmos [bought and planted]

Rainbow Tights [bought; now I've got a pair for my Festivale outfit, and a pair for every-day]

Next Plans:

Go to the Island tonight

Pay off the loan

Pick a new Public Works Project [either the Bell or the Instrument Shelter]

Catch a Spider

Catch a Flatworm at the Island tomorrow

Closing Thoughts:

It's been ages since someone new's moved into town, which is kind of odd since before they moved in fairly soon after someone else moved out. *shrug* Maybe it's just the Random Number Gremlins playing tricks on me. 

Day 75: March 8, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

I was almost done typing out today's entry, and then I accidentally hit the back arrow, and lost everything. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested Mangos

Harvested Apples and Pears

Harvested Bananas

Worked at the cafe

Sold fruit, fossils, unwanted items

Caught another Oarfish, and sold it

Got the Golden Watering Can from Isabelle for having a Perfect Town for over two weeks

Went to the ceremony for the Log Bench

Started the Bell Public Works Project

Saved mail

Ordered Red Tie-Dye T-Shirt from the shop cataloge

Put the Golden Watering Can in the Tools/Trophy exhibit

Reorganized in the food room

Played Desert Island Escape; cleared Intermediate level 6

Went to the Island, played the Hide-and-Seek minigame, got and sold rare fruit, and caught a Giant Snakehead! [It's a fairly rare fish, and I just happened to see a big shadow while passing a river, and managed to catch it!]

Paid off some more of the loan

Donated Giant Snakehead

Gave Cherry the extra Bread Box, and got a Right Screen in return [it looks like a giant chalkboard to me], and sold it

Used the Rotten Turnip as bait and caught a Fly, and donated it [I'm glad that's over with]

Items Received:

Letter + Ivy Wallpaper [from Elmer; is this the fourth time I've got this?]

Letter [from Elmer]

Balloon Present: Balloon Vanity [sold]

Drum Set [bought]

Classic Buffet [bought; it looks like a little table, nothing really fancy, so I'm not sure why it's called that]

Yellow Tulip and Red Lily [bought and planted]

Good Fortune Shirt [bought; I wonder if it counts as a lucky item?]

Samurai Pants [bought]

Next Plans:

Go to the Island tonight

Try to catch a Flatworm

Pay off the loan

Pay off the Bell fund

Catch a Spider

Closing Thoughts:

Today was so busy. Daylight Savings Time didn't help, either. It's so pointless and frustrating. 

Archived