Kura's Animal Crossing New Leaf Literal Let's Play

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

Day 1: December 25, 2019

Hey, everyone! Kura here, and welcome to my Let's Play of Animal Crossing New Leaf [+ welcome amibo]! Since I don't have any recording equipment or microphones, I thought I'd do a journal type Let's Play instead! This is my first Animal Crossing game, so tips and tricks are always appreciated! 

So, starting out, I looked up which questions result in which character appearance, and chose this adorable girl to play as:

268facfe1b81a3ce1bdbe467634d4ee3.jpg

But because I started on Christmas, i get to wear the folk shirt, and it's very nice.

I named myself Kura, of course, and my town Kittycat Town, and chose a great town map that I wish I could figure out how to show you all. >.< I don't really know how to describe it, either. 😅

The main fruit ended up being cherries, which is rather ironic because I almost named the town Sakura, to go with my pink hair, but decided on Kittycat instead.

But I guess the important part is the starting villagers I got: Goldie, Pate, Roald, Hamphry, and Friga.

I was hoping for a cat villager, but maybe I'll get one eventually. I also confess that I thought Pate was a boy when I first saw her. Whoops.

Hamphry has a fire extingusher in his house. ...Why...

I haven't seen Goldie, Pate, and Roald's houses yet, but Friga has a lovely stained glass aesthetic in her house, a record player, some cute sweaters, and matching dresser, couch, and bed that look like they have frosting on them. 

So far, the villagers seem pretty nice. 

Pate's reaction when I talked to her a bit too much was hilarious "Wait, have you been CLONED?! Ohmygosh, I hope I'm friends with all of you!" 

I'll divide the Let's Play into five sections: Opening Thoughts, Tasks Accomplished, Items Received, Next Plans, and Closing Thoughts.

Tasks Accomplished:

Downloaded the welcome amibo expansion from the Nintendo EShop 

Started the game [despite getting interrupted at least four times...]

Arrived in Kittycat Town

Planted the sapling

Got a tent to live in!

Gained some MEOW coupons

Got a lot of bells from harvesting cherries and seashells, then bought lots of items 

Visited all the villagers and shop owners

Sent mail to Goldie, and future me

Wandered around the town

Walked into trees a lot

Visited the fortune teller, got told that Berets are the fortuitous thing to have--was not impressed

Put items and bells in storage

Rolled a snowball, only to have it fall in the river

Tried again, only to have the second one fall and splat on the beach

Delivered a pawn from Roald to Pate. Who leaves part of a chess set, presuming that's what it is, just randomly at a friend's house? 

Decorated my house, I mean, tent.

Items Received: 

Instruction Manual 

Net

Fleece Shirt [bought]

Dapper Dress [bought]

Festive Dress [bought]

Tiny Polka Dot Skirt [bought]

Stationary [bought]

Wrapping Paper [bought]

Yellow Glow Wand [bought]

Black Flannel Shirt [from Pate]

Lined Paper [from Isabelle]

3 Apples [from Isabelle]

Lantern [from Isabelle]

Common Bed [bought]

Common Chair [bought]

Basketball Tank Top [from Pate]

Next Plans:

Get the shovel and fishing rod

Pay Tom Nook for my house

Only buy things I'd actually want to wear

Closing Thoughts: 

Even though I've only played for a little bit, I super excited for tomorrow. I'll try to post each new entry around the same time, 5:00--5:30, Eastern Standard Time. 

I almost wish I got interested in Animal Crossing sooner, but that's okay. Now I get to share it with fellow Avenites. 

Also, Tommy and Timmy are just the cutest ever! I want stuffies of them to put on my shelf. 

See you next time! [Feel free to comment as much as you want, too.]

PS Edit: I just realized a few minutes ago that I hadn't checked out the campground yet, so I went and did that. Jack happened to be there, and I recognized him from the Halloween episode of Chuggaaconroy's AC:NL Let's Play. I ordered a candy machine, Jack in the Box, and a pumpkin pie from Jack. I'll get them in a few days, but it'll be a surprise for both me and you which day that ends up being. 😁😎

That's all for today. See you tomorrow! 

Day 2: December 26, 2019

Opening Thoughts: 

Hey, everyone, and welcome!

Wow, a lot of things happened today. 

So, firstly, I got invited to Goldie's birthday party tomorrow, and she also replied back to the letter I sent, on piano-style paper! Not only that, the items i ordered came! I set up the candy machine and jack in the box in my [very crowded tent], but gave the pumpkin pie to Friga because she was looking for something new to add to her house. 

If that wasn't enough, I'm going to have a new neighbour! Space for a new house has been set up behind my house, for someone named Cherry.

[No spoilers, please, for new villagers! I want to be surprised.]

Tasks Accomplished:

Got stung by bees, twice, while impulsively shaking every single tree I could find. [I almost got stung a third time, but I dashed into ReTail and escaped.]

Paid Tom Nook and got a house! 

Changed the town flag to a cookie design. 

Visited Goldie's house! [It's such a lovely house, with brown and orange and yellow patterns, and a grand piano! I think I like her house best so far.]

Ran around town while barefoot, in the freezing cold snow, and decided to stay like that and put my socks and shoes in storage. 

Rolled a snowball all the way from near Goldie's house to almost at my house, but then it got stuck in between some trees and broke apart.

Wandered around and collected shells on the beach.

Wrapped Goldie's present for tomorrow.

Sent a letter to Friga, along with the common chair [hey, I don't need it anymore, so I might as well give it to someone.].

Ordered a Zen Tea Set from Joan the Boar at the campground.

Organized items and letters in storage.

Redecorated my tent.

Items Received:

Candy Machine and Jack in the Box

Bass [from Pate; it turned out to be one of those musical instruments that look like giant violins!]

Blue Bookcase [from Friga, in return for the pumpkin pie; these villagers really know the things I like!]

Green Glow Wand [bought]

Flowery T-Shirt [bought]

Leopard Shirt [bought]

Present for Goldie [It's a surprise!]

Funky Glasses [bought; and decided to wear!]

Minimalist Chair [from Roald]

Next Plans:

Get the cookie door from Tom Nook, provided it's still in the shop tomorrow. If it's not, I'll try out my bug net on him. 

Get the shovel and fishing rod. 

Closing Thoughts:

Okay, we need to address the elephant in the room. Er...hamster in the room? Hamphry's house...is a complete disaster. Seriously, who puts a fire extinguisher next to a potted plant and a bonsai tree, then puts a tatami mat for carpeting and a cozy kotatsu in the middle, next to a potbelly stove?! Also, his voice...I didn't notice yesterday because there was a lot of noise going on, but, his voice...just sounds...wrong. 

But, first [second?] impressions aren't everything, after all. Maybe I'll grow to like him eventually. 

Lastly, um...I kind of feel like I'm just talking to myself here...so...what I'm trying to say is...

...please leave comments. 😅 This is supposed to be an interactive journal, I guess.

See you next time!

Here's the map I made. It went all blurry; my 3DS camera's really not great, but at least you can see the general layout. The scale's kind of messed up; it looks like the ReTail and the two tiny ponds are way off in the middle of nowhere, but they're not, and I made the dock way too small.  

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8y1HTiNCDV4QimF88

https://photos.app.goo.gl/o4BPgtkAApX4tPs27

So along the top part, left to right, is the road to the campground, the town hall, the special tree, the train station, and Roald's house. They're all not quite in a line, but close enough.

Along the middle part there's Friga and Pate's houses next to each other, the bridge, and my house.

The lower part has the ReTail, Hamphry's house, and Goldie's house below it. 

When new villagers come, instead of redrawing the map all over again, I'll just tell you the general vicinity of their houses. 

😁

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

First of all, Kittycat is the best name ever! If only you could have a town full of cat people.

I wonder how big you get a snowball in this game...

Your town is sounding even cooler now that you have a cookie flag.

😁 Only in video games can you walk barefoot in the snow and still be perfectly fine. In fact, you can go without any clothes at all without being bothered by the cold in the slightest.

Knowing you, you'll probably be needing another bookcase in no time. 😉

Good luck on getting the cookie door tomorrow. I wonder if you're planning on making your whole house cookie themed. 

Your map is very nice! It's too bad the 3DS can't take clearer pictures, though. So your house is the one semi-surrounded by water?

Also, I'm sorry for not commenting before. I really meant to. And by the time you posted yesterday, I thought 'Crabs! I forgot!' Anyway, I can't wait to see how things progress from here, and hopefully the bees aren't as bad as that one Awkward Zombie comic.

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic/bee-seeing-you

Hi, everyone! Sorry I'm late. I had a very busy day.

Day 3: December 27, 2019

Opening Thoughts:

Hi, everyone, and welcome!

So Boo got me up early again, as usual, and around 9:00 I thought, hey, I'm up, so I might as well play Animal Crossing. I'm sure glad I did, because I didn't get another chance all day aside from showing my dad briefly when we were at the library and I brought my 3DS along. 

Anyway. 

So I started off the morning with a visit from Mr. Resetti! I was a bit confused at first, but then I remembered, 'oh, yeah, I turned off the game yesterday without saving after I turned it on only to draw the map. So I told him 'my batteries died', which is true, mostly, because when I was playing earlier yesterday I almost ran out, but I got to the charger in time. 

So after that unexpected visit, I started off by checking out my new house, then went to give Goldie her present--a ribbon umbrella! Then I found out from Isabelle that Cherry's moved in, but every time I went to check out their house, they were asleep, even at 10:00, so I still haven't met them yet! Just based on that, I expect we'll get along fine. 

Then I had to wait 'til 10:00 for Tom Nook's shop to open, and the cookie door I wanted was gone. To make matters worse, I realized I couldn't use my net on him because I was indoors. Urgh. 

But, on the plus side, yesterday my approval rating was only at 24, but now it's at 60! 

Tasks Accomplished:

Met Mr. Resetti!

Got my house!

Did a bunch of tasks for Isabelle.

Dug up my first pitfall trap! 

Watered every single flower patch in the town.

Got stung by bees. Again. Twice.

Found a present balloon, but couldn't get it because I don't have the slingshot because the store that sells it hasn't opened, leaving me swinging frantically at it with my net. 

Mailed a latter to Pate and added the party popper as a present.

Fished a lot.

Items Received:

Pawprint Wallpaper [from Isabelle]

Zen Tea Set [ordered from campground]

Reply Letter [from Friga]

Shovel [bought]

Fishing Rod [bought from Isabelle]

Watering Can [from Isabelle]

Pitfall Trap

Dug up three fossils

Caught three fish

Emerald [from breaking a rock!]

Thick Glasses [bought]

Paper Parasol [bought]

Snowy Sweater [bought]

Worker Helmet [bought; I've decided it's my official mayor hat, and ran around town while humming the Bob the Builder theme]

Mustache Glasses [bought; if only it had a big nose, it'd be perfect as Groucho Marx glasses...]

Checkerboard T-Shirt [from Roald]

Next Plans: 

Meet Cherry.

Make snowpeople.

Closing Thoughts:

So far, Goldie and Friga are my favourite villagers. They're both so cute and nice. I've been referring to Roald as the Willy Wonka Penguin, just because his name makes me think of Roald Dahl, but personality-wise, he's kind of more like the big, boisterous kid who really likes exercising and staying in shape. As for Hamphry...well...I've still got that pitfall trap, if he starts to annoy me.

I've decided not to pay off the loan to Tom Nook until I get to Tortimer's Island, and become RICH! [Seriously, it's ridiculous how many bells you can get just from a single trip there.]

That's all for now! See you next time! 

It's like Boo was telling you 'If you're going to play Animal Crossing, now's your chance!' 😁

Mr. Resetti... I was genuinely wondering if/when he was going to show up, and if he's as annoying as he's reputed to be. I hope you don't have to see him to often.

Cherry is sounding a lot like me already, so far! 😛 (Which is ironic since I really dislike cherries)

Sounds like you're shaping up to be a great mayor in Kittycat Town.

It's odd, but in every game where there is fishing, I always end up spending a lot of time doing just that.

Ooh, emerald! Knowing me, I'd probably end up saving every piece of gemstone I find, as that's another thing I tend to do in video games.

Day 4: December 28, 2019

Opening Thoughts:

Today's playtime was pretty quiet, and only a couple unexpected things happened.

I finally got to meet Cherry, and--I still don't know their gender! *scoots over to the wiki to check* Oh, she's a girl! I honestly couldn't tell just by looking at her. The girls are beginning to outnumber the guys here. It turns out her catchphrase is 'What, what?', and I love it. I'm imagining her speaking in a British accent every time I talk to her. She's kind of like a...I don't know, a pink goth puppy. 

I'll post pictures of my current villagers, so everyone can see what they look like.

The first unexpected thing that happened was that there's another house set up, for someone named Elmer. It'd be great if he turns out to be rabbit.

The second unexpected thing is that I got to meet Gulliver, washed up on the beach! In the span of one conversation, he managed to get so confused that he thought he was in the Overthere [the Super Paper Mario version of Heaven], and mistook me for an angel. I've never seen a barefoot angel wearing a Christmas sweater, a polka-dot skirt, a Bob the Builder-style hat, carrying a fishing rod before. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Met Cherry, Lyle [the Happy Home Manager], Digby [Isabelle's twin brother] and Gulliver. According to Lyle, the Happy Home Academy likes my Jack in the Box. I agree with Katie from Awkard Zombie--I'm not sure how I feel about having a bunch of weasels sneaking around, inspecting my house at 6:00 in the morning. 

Paid off a bit of the loan, because i had some extra bells saved. It turns out I can't expand my house until I get the current loan all done. Hmph. 

Caught a Pill Bug and a Bagworm.

Did a lot of fishing. Got so tired of catching Sea Bass...

Delivered a present from Pate to Cherry. 

Donated fossils, bugs, and fish. 

100 Percent Approval Rating!

Got stung by bees. Again. Three times in a row. [Is this going to become a running joke or something?]

Made a snowman, then got stuck with the bingo card in my inventory. *grumble grumble*

Sent a letter to Cherry, plus the common bed [it's red, so I think she'll like it.]

Gave the lantern to Goldie. 

Redecorated my house, and put the candy machine in storage to make a bit more space for my new bed. 

Items Received:

Reply Letter + Vegetarian Shirt [from Goldie; I laughed so much when I got it]

Letter from Mom + Tabletop Game [the 'letters from mom' feature is such a nice addition to the game]

Reply Letter [from Pate]

Modern Wood Bed [bought]

Executive Toy [from Goldie; it turns out it's one of those things with the little round magnets on strings, that if you hit them together, they swing around]

Flowery T-Shirt [from Goldie...which I had already bought earlier. But that's okay.]

Lovely Chair [from a tree] 

Next Plans:

Meet Elmer

Start a Public Project

Go to Tortimer's Island 

Closing Thoughts:

So later on today, Hamphry was boasting about how 'you can't beat traditional clothing!' and how he's got the best kind, and all I was thinking was 'If you say so...' 

There's four spots left for new villagers. I hope one of them will be a kitty. 

I was thinking back, trying to remember when I first heard of Animal Crossing games, and I think it was playing Smash Brawl for the first time with my cousin, when one of us got the Mr. Resetti Assist Trophy. I had no idea what he was supposed to be or what he was from until years and years later. 

That's all for today! See you next time!

Goldie:

kc702ql799n11.png

Pate:

attachment.php?attachmentid=92457&d=1430

Friga:

97px-Friga_HHD.png

Roald:

4qd92canjjp31.jpg

[He actually wears a red and white checkered shirt, but I liked this picture a lot, so I went with that.]

Hamphry:

tumblr_pzjkwifC8f1wxj0f9o1_1280.png

Cherry:

e00.png

I also found this adorable picture of Isabelle and Digby munching on a bone:

Doubutsu.no.Mori.600.1494222.jpg

Edit:

So it looks like I have to pay the loan before I can get to Tortimer's Island. 

First missing out on the cookie door, and now this. *grumble greedy loan raccoons grumble* 

Hamphry seems like the type of person I'd be rolling my eyes at constantly. 🙄

2 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Goldie:

kc702ql799n11.png

Pate:

attachment.php?attachmentid=92457&d=1430

Friga:

97px-Friga_HHD.png

Roald:

4qd92canjjp31.jpg

[He actually wears a red and white checkered shirt, but I liked this picture a lot, so I went with that.]

Hamphry:

tumblr_pzjkwifC8f1wxj0f9o1_1280.png

Cherry:

e00.png

I also found this adorable picture of Isabelle and Digby munching on a bone:

Doubutsu.no.Mori.600.1494222.jpg

Just about all the characters in this game are so cute! That last picture is especially adorable. Isabelle in that picture actually makes me think of Wolfychu's little dog, Mochi for some reason.

Tom, why? What do you need so many bells for, anyway? You know you can't take those things with you, right?

When I first heard of Animal Crossing I thought, just from the name, that it involved crossing two or more animals together in some way to make new kinds of animals. 😅

Day 5: December 29, 2019

Opening Thoughts!

So, Elmer moved in today, and he turned out to be a horse! I wasn't expecting that! The inside of his house isn't set up yet, so i'll check back in with him tomorrow, but he seems like a really nice... animal? person? Animal person? 

Also, Hamphrey has pretty much become my nemesis overnight. But I'll explain why in a bit.

Tasks Accomplished: 

Got invited to Roald's birthday on Jan. 5!

Delivered a package from Friga to Pate.

Ordered a Genie's Lamp from Sahara at the Campground.

Got the Town Development Permit, and decided on a cobblestone bridge, to be put south of my house, connecting the top part of town with the lower part of town for accessibility. It'll take awhile to save up enough money, though [or possibly very fast, once I get to the island].

Met Elmer and visited his house. 

Donated more fossils.

Got stung by bees, only once this time, but then got laughed at and lectured by Hamphrey on proper bee sting prevention, as if I didn't already know that. 

I buried three Pitfalls in front of his house in retaliation. What a jerk. 

Made another snowman. I might get a bingo yet!

Caught some new fish.

Sent a welcome letter + Lovely Chair to Elmer.

Paid off a LOT of the loan by selling leftover fish, three inventory's worth of seashells, and getting lucky with the money rock [around 3,500 bells in one go!] Now there's only 9,000-ish left to pay. My most plausible guess as to why Tom Nook wants to get so many bells is that he's saving up for not only his own retirement, but also Tommy and Timmy, too. Except...they've got their own shop...Nevermind, then. 

Items Received:

Festive Tank Top Dress [ordered from the Campground; I forgot to mention I ordered it yesterday]

Letter + Sitar [from Gulliver; how did he know that Sarasvarti's most well known musical instrument is what I always wanted but never knew I wanted it?]

Reply Letter from Cherry.

Retro Fridge [from Pate]

Western Fence [from a tree; gave to Roald, and got a stove in return. Why a stove? it's nice looking, but, why a stove?]

Tall Lantern [from a tree]

Watermelon Hat [bought; the second I saw it in the Able Sisters' shop, I knew I had to have it, it's so silly looking.]

Genie Shirt [bought; what're the odds of that showing up at the same time as the lamp?]

Next Plans:

Visit Elmer again

Pay off the rest of the loan

Finally visit the island

Closing Thoughts:

I'm saving all Pitfall Traps for Hamphrey in the future. 

Overall, it was a pretty quiet day, all things considered. 

As for new house locations, Cherry's house is between my house and Roald's house, and Elmer's house is at the south-west part of the cliff, south of ReTail. He's all by himself over there! Hopefully the next villagers to move in will move next door. 

That's all for now! See you next time! 

Here's some fan art i found of Elmer:

elmer_the_lazy_horse__redraw__by_tanukky

Did they... really name a horse after a brand of glue?

Personimal?

I was thinking that would be a good place for a bridge.

Perhaps the stove was just something Ronald didn't want anymore, and he was looking for an opportunity to give it away.

Maybe with any luck, Hamphrey will decide to leave, and a nice kitty person will move in in his place.

Now I'm hungry for chocolate chip muffins. I wonder why. 😛

...Wait...that's where his name comes from? Gods. I'll just pretend there's some famous cowboy named Elmer instead. 

Personimal. I like it.

He doesn't seem like the type who would cook, come to think of it. I can easily imagine him getting take out every day, then going for a jog around town super early. 

I sure hope so. I wouldn't mind if Ankha came to live in Kittycat, even though she is a snooty personality. Though, Friga and Cherry are also snooty personalities, and I'm getting along with them fine. 

😀

Day 6: December 30, 2019

Opening Thoughts:

So, looks like another villager is moving in already: someone named Colton. Presuming he's is a horse, that means I'll have two penguins, two dogs, two horses, and one hamster. Come on, I want a kitty! 

Tasks Accomplished:

Dug up and donated new fossils.

Visited Roald's house [I really like his bed--it's all bouncy and colourful and has pillows all over it shaped like balloons.]

Caught a bee, then got stung twice.

Traded the bee to Elmer because I'm too nice.

Got stung twice more, because I saved and went back to the title screen to cure the previous bee stings. *sigh*

Made an imperfect Snowboy, by accident [I meant to make a snowman to get more bingo numbers, but I messed up]

PAID OFF THE LOAN!

Ordered a Stack of Books and a Treasure Chest from Pascal at the Campground [I wanted to get the Big Bookshelf too, so much, but I was one MEOW coupon short]

Donated new fish.

Expanded my house [here we go again...]

Items Received:

Reply Letter [from Cherry]

Reply Letter [from Elmer]

Box Corner Sofa [from a tree]

Conga Drum [from Elmer]

Medicine [from Pate; being the type of person that I am, I put it into storage for future use, and will probably never use it...]

Gelato T-Shirt [bought; it's got fruit-coloured stripes!]

Luigi Shirt [bought]

Luigi Hat [bought]

Next Plans: 

Visit the island

Pay for the new bridge

Pay for a campsite if I get enough bells

Closing Thoughts:

Roald told me something funny today: apparently he was doing cartwheels all over the place, and achieved some sort of cartwheel enlightenment, and had a vision of Cherry floating around. Then he admitted that maybe he was just dizzy.

Also, Hamphrey hasn't fallen in any of the pitfalls I planted! I put them right in front of his house! How is he missing them?!

On 12/26/2019 at 6:31 PM, Omega the Shadow said:

First of all, Kittycat is the best name ever! If only you could have a town full of cat people.

Awww, Kittycat Town. That's adorable.

I own an umbrella that is sort of old-fashioned in how it is designed and I feel like an Animal Crossing character whenever I use it. I love how their umbrellas come out when they walk around in the rain. ❤️

O.O I just realized I've been reading Roald's name an "Ronald" this whole time! Oops. 😅

What's with all the bees?? Isn't it wintertime?

1 hour ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

PAID OFF THE LOAN!

Yippee!

That's just like me: "Don't use your healing items now, you might need them later."

Some day, Hamphrey. Some day...

Day 7: December 31, 2019

Opening Thoughts:

So today was a pretty busy and eventful day.

Tasks Accomplished:

Met Tortimer!

House expanded

Redecorated

Met Colton; he seems like a really nice guy. I like him a lot already. His house is a tiny bit northwest of my house. Here I thought no one would build houses next to me, now I've got two neighbours, or three counting Roald. 

Sent Welcoming Letter + Conga Drum to Colton

Visited Elmer's House [I was expecting a wild west theme, but he's got a giant ice cream cone, a giant sundae, and a popcorn cart, mixed in with some classy furniture. It's brilliant and I love it.]

Got stung by bees three times, but managed to catch another one, finally. 

Visited the Gardening Shop, and met Leif [i can already tell that I'll be visiting this shop every single day!]

Talked to Sable, and she actually replied! Yay!

Made another Snowboy by accident. 

Redecorated again.

Sent a Letter + Speed Bag to Roald. 

Harvested cherries, picked seashells, and donated fossils. 

Watered every single flower in town.

Visited Cherry's House. [It certainly suits her goth style, but there's a few unusual things in there, too, like a scarecrow. Or, at least, that's what it looks like.]

Fell into my own pitfall when I went to check out why Hamphrey hadn't fallen into any yet. Well, that's embarrassing, and I still don't know why he hasn't stepped on them yet. Then he insulted me again, because I still had bee stings all over, and went on about how skilled he is at bonsai design. *sigh*

Items Received:

Treasure Chest + Stack of Books [from the Campground]

Red New Year Hat [bought from Redd]

Blue New Year Hat [bought from Redd]

Sparkling Cider [from Isabelle]

Got a Present Balloon by following it all over town and finally getting a chance to pop it with my shovel when it was about to go over the cliff; inside was a Balloon Lamp, and I added it to my house decorations right away.

Large Bookshelf [from a tree; what're the chances of getting that the day after I wanted to get it from the Campground?]

Speed Bag [from a tree; it turned out to be one of those exercise things where you punch the top and it bounces back at you.]

Geometric Paper [bought]

Wrapping Paper [bought]

White Tulip [bought and planted]

Red Lily [bought and planted]

Sapling [bought and planted]

Axe [bought; I expect I won't be using this much, but I thought, 'I might as well have all the tools'.]

Blue Glasses [bought]

1-Up Cap [bought; it was too good not to get]

Sapphire [from a rock; now all I need is a Ruby!]

Medicine [from Cherry; she's so helpful!]

Next Plans:

Tomorrow I'll finally get to go to the Island! Hooray! 

Pay for the new bridge.

Build a Campsite if I have enough money.

Visit Colton.

Closing Thoughts:

So, yeah, it was a very busy day today. 

I'm super excited for tomorrow, not just about visiting the Island, but also excited about new shops that might be opening. 😀 There's still at least three spaces, maybe four, in the town square. [Though, it's not really a square, more like a really long rectangle...]

Here's some fanart I found of Colton:

colton__animal_crossing__by_caryos_d8uyh

While searching for the best picture to use, I found a LOT of fanart of Julian. Wow. If only I had known beforehand that there's a freaking unicorn villager. Ah, well, maybe I'll get lucky--maybe Hamphrey will move out and Julian and a nice cat villager will move in. I plan to tell Isabelle that Hamphrey's being problematic tomorrow, and see if that helps any. 

Day 8: January 1, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So, today was a super busy day! I finally got to go to the Island! Wahoo! On the way there, Kapp'n sang a song about how much he dislikes taxes, then said that i had beautiful hair, and on the way back he sang a song about summer, and said that 'it's good to get along with your mother!' I try, Kapp'n, I try.

Tasks Accomplished:

Caught two bees! ...But then got stung again.

Got lots of bells from selling beehives and seashells, and I got really lucky with the money trees today. 

Talked to Sable. We had a full conversation! Hooray!

Sent Letter + Flowery T-Shirt to Pate

Sent Letter + Basketball Tank Top to Roald

Sent Letter + Thick Glasses to Friga

Sent Letter + Black Flannel Sweater to Cherry

Sent Letter + Checkerboard T-Shirt to Elmer

Sent Letter + Fleece Dress to Goldie 

[I was cleaning up my storage, and I decided to make up for missing Toy Day.]

Finally caught Hamphrey in a Pitfall.

Went to the Island: caught lots of bugs, some fish, and got bananas and mangoes. 

Donated bugs and fish.

Planted a few bananas and mangoes on the beach. 

Ordered two Gift Piles from Jingle at the Campground.

Cherry visited my house!

Items Received:

Letter + Dracaena from mom [it turned out to be a kind of potted plant]

Reply Letter [from Roald]

Reply Letter + Vegetarian T-Shirt [from Colton; I already have a Vegetarian T-Shirt, but that's okay. He signed his letter with 'Hugs and kisses', and it's just so adorable!]

Astro Table [from a tree]

Zodiac Rat [from Isabelle; so, hypothetically speaking, would take twelve years to get all the zodiac items each year? Yikes.]

Emerald [from a rock]

Lined Paper [bought]

White Violet [bought and planted]

Yellow Tulip [bought and planted]

3D Glasses [bought; I saw them, and immediately thought of that one Doctor Who episode where the Tenth Doctor is wearing 3D Glasses to see into other dimensions]

Balloon Bed [from a balloon present; that's the same kind that Roald has. Yay!]

Balloon Dog Lamp [from a balloon present]

Next Plans: 

Go back to the Island at night to catch more bugs and fish.

Tell Isabelle that Hamphrey's being a nuisance. 

Pick an ordinance for the town.*

Closing Thoughts:

So I decided to make going to the Island a weekly thing, but only if I have a public works project, well, in the works. Sunday seems like a good day for Island adventures, so next week I'll start that routine. I got 37,000 odd bells from a daytime trip, so I'm interested to see how much of a difference there is between day and night, as Chuggaaconroy pointed out in his New Leaf Let's Play.

Random observation, but I haven't seen Katrina's fortune tent since the first day. I wonder if she has a set schedule for each week, or if it's just random. 

* So, there's four ordinances to choose from, and there can only be one in effect at a time. I'll go over them briefly:

1) Early Bird Town--Villagers get up earlier and shops open earlier three hours earlier than usual. 

Useful for people who get up early, or who work late. 

2) Night Bird Town--Villagers go to bed later and shops close three hours later than usual.

Useful for people who have differing sleep schedules, or who just like staying up later.

3) Wealthy Town--Items cost more to buy, but you get more bells when you sell things.

Useful to get ridiculous amounts of bells very fast.

4) Beautiful Town--Villagers will plant and water flowers much more often, you won't get cockroaches in your house if you skip several days, rare flowers will grow 20% of the time, there will be less weeds, and you won't catch any trash items [cans, old boots, tires, ectc] while fishing.

...I already know which one I'm going to pick. 😁 ❤️

Finally caught Hamphrey in a Pitfall.

Yay, finally!

I sure hope talking to Isabelle about him helps in some way.

Zodiac Rat [from Isabelle; so, hypothetically speaking, would take twelve years to get all the zodiac items each year? Yikes.]

If that's true, then then that's got to be a nightmare for collectors.

Ooh, Beautiful Town sounds like the best ordinance by far. I would be very shocked if you picked anything else.

Day 9: January 2, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

I'm two hours early today, but that's because I'm all excited! Today was such a ridiculously busy day, but super fun, too. 

So, first off--there's a house reserved for someone named Pashmina, right in between my house and Cherry's house. It's rather hilarious that nearly half the villagers ended up near me. I can't tell what she is based on her [?] name, but Pashmina will likely be moving in tomorrow, too! As if tomorrow wasn't full of enough awesome things happening! [I'll get to that in a bit.]

Tasks Accomplished:

Planted a coconut tree on the beach.

Found Gulliver again, and helped him figure out that he was heading to England, not Germany or Austria. I wonder what present I'll get from him this time. 

Pushed Hamphrey into a pitfall. 

Got stung by bees on the first tree I checked. *sigh*

Made another Snowboy by accident. [I was trying to make a Snowlady, but i didn't get it quite right.]

Yay! Ordinance: Beautiful Town activated!!!!!! Hooray!!!! Isabelle said it'll come into effect tomorrow, and it's definitely 20,000 bells well spent, because I'm never going to change it.

Had a visit with Pate in my house.

Bridge fund complete! It'll be all built tomorrow morning, so, yeah, that'll be a big help. But that's not the only awesome thing happening tomorrow!

Gave the Balloon Dog Lamp to Goldie.

Caught three bees, then got stung AGAIN.

Got lots of bells from selling seashells, bees, and beehives, and from the bell trees and bell rock. 

Visited Elmer. [He's replaced the popcorn cart with a potted palm tree, which is kind of too bad, and when I checked at ReTail to see if it was there so that I could get it, it wasn't there, so I don't know what happened to it. But other than that, his house is still such a fun place to look at.]

Ordered Pancakes from Franklin at the Campground.

Caught a Wharf Roach for Cherry. [Beats me why she wanted a bug. It took me quite awhile to find one that didn't run away on me.]

Redecorated my house.

Items Received:

Letter + packet of Tissues [from post office; I had so much money in my account, they gave me tissues. ...That's nice, I guess?]

Reply Letter + Polka Dot Clock [from Cherry]

Gift Pile /2 [from the Campground]

Reply Letter [from Goldie]

Reply Latter + Coconut [from Roald]

Reply Letter [from Pate]

Reply Letter [from Friga]

Reply Letter + Party Wallpaper [from Cherry]

Reply Letter + Apple [from Elmer]

Ruby [from a rock; what are the chances of getting that after mentioning how I needed one to go with the sapphire I found?]

Cement Mixer [from a tree; what even...? how? why?]

Washer-Dryer [from a tree; ?!?!?!]

Composer Paper [bought]

Wrapping Paper [bought]

Daily Fortune: #18: "You cannot put a value on your life, unless you have 100 coins." Reward: Super Mario Bros. Coin

Yellow Pansy [bought and planted]

Sun Cosmos [bought and planted; here I thought they were dandelions.]

Sapling [bought and planted]

Makar's Mask [bought; it's so absurd, it's just a giant leaf with eye holes cut in it.]

Watermelon Table [from Goldie]

Wooden Stool [from Goldie]

Dapper T-Shirt [from Cherry; what is it with the villagers giving me clothes I already have? Oh, well.]

Next Plans: 

Visit Pashmina [Please be a cat, please be a cat...]

Public Works Project: Campsite 

Pay off the most recent loan to Tom Nook. [This one might take awhile, since after I pay for the Campsite, I'll have to get bells the usual way, but that's okay. I already need more space in my house. 😅]

Closing Thoughts:

So, from just one daytime trip and one nighttime trip to the Island, I had enough bells to not only pay for the Beautiful Town Ordinance, and the new bridge, but I have enough left over to make the Campsite tomorrow, AND I'll have a bit left over after that. If that's not an absurdly broken game mechanic, I don't know what is.

So, yeah, four awesome things happening tomorrow [though the Campsite won't actually be built until the day after, but that's okay.] 😁

I wonder how many flowers and trees you've planted now at this point.

Congratulations on finding both a sapphire and a ruby. They're one of my favorite TV show couples ever. 😁

Okay... trees in this game are officially weird.

Pashmina sounds like a good name for a cat, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Is it odd that I feel so excited about tomorrow too, as if I was playing the game myself?

Day 10: January 3, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So, I got to visit Pashmina today. It turns out she's a goat! i wasn't expecting that. She's super cute, and I think we'll get along just fine.

Also, now that the Beautiful Town Ordinance is in place, there's a quite a few more flowers planted. I'm sure it won't take long for the whole town to be full of flowers.

Tasks Accomplished:

Met Pashmina.

Got lots of bells from the bell rock.

Delivered a present from Friga to Roald

Dug up and donated fossils.

Caught four bees, then got stung by the fifth. The saga continues...

Cyrus woke up! Not only that, he's offering to change the colours of furniture. That's neat.

Got 36,100 bells from the bell rock, bell trees, selling bees, beehives, cherries, seashells, and a fossil I didn't need.

Made another Snowboy by accident. *deep sigh*

Goldie visited my house. 

Went to the ceremony for the new bridge.

Paid for the Campsite. [I put it on the hill north of Hamphrey and Goldie's house.]

Gave Mugho Bonsai to Cherry.

Paid off about half of the loan.

Sent Letter + Polka-Dot Clock to Pashmina.

Items Received:

Pancakes [ordered from the Campground]

Big Ben model [from Gulliver]

Snow Table [from Snowboy]

Refrigerator [from Pate; it links to the Storage, so that's useful]

Mugho Bonsai [from Elmer]

Gold [from a rock]

Balloon Clock [from a Balloon Present]

Kitchen Sink [from a tree; that made me laugh]

Incense Burner [from a tree]

Imperial Paper [bought]

Wrapping Paper [bought]

Daily Fortune #42: "She who wears lava-proof pants is dressed for any occasion." = Varia Suit Pants.

Yellow Tulip [bought and planted]

White Lily [bought and planted]

Maple Leaf Umbrella [bought]

Simple Kettle [from Cherry]

Next Plans:

Get to know Pashmina.

Save up to pay off the rest of the loan, then start the whole thing all over again because I need more space.

Start checking the Campsite every day.

Closing Thoughts:

After yesterday being so busy, today was pretty quiet, all things considered.

The new bridge is so helpful. But I think I'll wait a while to build the third bridge. 

Archived