Which type of attraction you experience the most often?

As a sexual man, both aesthetic and sexual attraction all the time. It doesn't mean I want to do anything, I just find them sexually appealing in some way.

1. Coffee

2. Gravity

3. Intelligence:

- Why, HAL 9000... you're so handsome, you're over 9000.

- Mistress GlaDOS, I've been very naughty boy. I need to be tested.
- SKYNET, my love: I (don't) just  want to start a flame in your heart; I *do* want to set the world on fire,

CelesteAdAstra

That's an interesting question!

1. While I don't experience aesthetic attraction that much (a lot less than most people I believe), it must still be the one I feel most often. I like unusual beauty.

2. After that, romantic attraction. I crush a lot, and it's on my mind all the time. Importance-wise, this would be number one, but I certainly don't fall in love with as many people as I think are simply pretty 😂

3. Next comes possibly platonic attraction, although this is a difficult one for me. I experience this a lot less than others. Sometimes I'll have random squishes on people I don't really know, but once I get to know them better, the interest fades. I only have a few people in my life whom I felt drawn to enough to build a real friendship with. And even then, real platonic attraction only followed after a long time, it can take months or even more than a year. I've been perfectly alright without friends before, but now that I have them, I will never leave them.

4. Sensual attraction. I don't want to be touched by anyone except for someone I'm in love with. Then, I suddenly want all the touch. I'm calling it "demi-hypersensual". Leave me alone unless we're in love, then don't ever stop touching me.

5. Alterous. I feel this towards one person. Quite strong, but still only happened once so far.

Since I don't understand sexual attraction and if I feel it, I'll ignore that one.

rainbowocollie

Squishes. I used to get aesthetic attraction, but it's been years since I last experienced that.

Strange But Not a Stranger

Aesthetic, not every day or every week, but when I experience any kind of attraction in my daily life, it's that.

I'd say I experience physical platonic attraction for this one person, who was my first friend in high school. I met him in multivariable calculus class second semester of senior year, and then we found out that we were going to the same university (yay!).

He knows that I'm aroace (the coming-out story is in a different thread), and it is mutually understood that neither of us would ever want to do anything sexual/romantic with the other one. We've both had to explain to people that we aren't romantically interested in each other, because that's what it sometimes looks like from an outsider's point of view. We often poke and prod each other (in a non-sexual way) just for fun, and he gives me a lot of hugs.

I mean I guess I usually experience brief moments of aesthetic attraction because I can appreciate the form and comment about it? Otherwise, platonic and alterous... i am a person who may be biromantic asexual (i guess?????) but have no desire for touching, holding, cuddling, or physically being intimate or inititating physical contact. I love to be in a room with someone, doing something different from the person, but the experience of being near someone without interaction and able to comment or randomly converse fulfills my needs... 

Ok I have no clue what I am but I wear a black ring on my right middle finger and define myself as asexual.

Just now, kenny. said:

a e s t h e t i c attraction

I love the extraness to be aesthetically pleasing. 

Probably mostly platonic 

3 minutes ago, starr2015 said:

I love the extraness to be aesthetically pleasing. 

*bows* thank you

Aesthetic attraction only. Maybe some of those other things other than romantic or sexual, but I don’t know that I consider them things really. 

Janus the Fox

Aesthetics for a while, no attractions for the last few years.

The most often? Aesthetic attraction. There are so many beautiful people around and on stages, online, offline whatever. If I had more than aesthetic attraction for all of these I'd be a tortured soul ^^;

Mostly aesthetic. Not that often though, just a few times a year, but it lasts for months, because beauty is kinda permanent? Sure, I look at people and think ''Wow, I'd like to look like them'' or ''Wow, they are really pretty'', but the day goes on. I think if aesthetic attraction more like ''I'd love to look at you for hours''. I somehow feel that way mostly towards guys or lesbians/tomboys. Idk how to feel about that.

Platonic attraction is accompanied with aesthetic for me (which is kinda meh, I know), but not the other way around, and I'm platonicaly (why is this underlined in red?) attracted to fictional characters most often, because, let's be honest, some characters are too perfect to be real. So my standards for platonic attraction are really high (thanks, anime), which is also kinda meh, but what can I do about that honestly.

dragonfire42

Most often platonic attraction, occasionally aesthetic attraction (I'm an aromantic asexual, but sometimes I do think a particular guy is hot, I just don't want to actually do anything with him), rarely sensual (wanting snuggles/skin-to-skin contact but nothing more, not even kissing).

• 2 weeks later...

Aesthetic and platonic attraction. The only ones I can ever recognize my aroace self experiencing 😎 I can experience platonic attraction quite intensively, but aesthetic attraction more easily, more "lightly". Anyhow, platonic attraction defines more wether I wan't to learn to know the person.

I get really attracted to people's personalities. I guess it'd be under platonic attraction, but it also feels like it should be another word? It's like their personality is so shiny and makes me feel all warm and it makes me wanna get into that sphere and get to know their deepest thoughts. I just wanna understand them so badly. It's such a cozy feeling! 

Aesthetic attraction by far. I can find total strangers physically beautiful but I very rarely connect with someone enough to feel platonic attraction, and feeling any of the others would only be possible if platonic attraction had been present first.

So aesthetic, then platonic, then alterous, then sensual. The limited kind of sexual attraction I think I can feel would come after that I guess, and I'm not sure if I've ever felt romantic attraction. 

7 hours ago, BeakLove said:

I honestly still don't understand what "platonic attraction" is. 

It's the "friend-attraction". Someone attracs you as a friend, not as a romantic partner. Squish is the term for "platonic crush", when you think a person seems really nice and you really want to become friends with them. 

I had no idea that the definition Alterous attraction existed and I'm very glad it does as I experience it

stars_and_moonlight

Definitely platonic. I am super affectionate with my friends but have no desire whatsoever to have any sort of romantic or sexual relationship. 

DarkStormyKnight

Honestly it's probably alterous, or some strange mix of attractions that I can't quite figure out haha. Close runner up is platonic, but a lot of times with friends I want to get reaaaal close to them since I don't experience romantic attraction that often.

ArtemisTheAce

Aesthetic and sensual. There are moments when I`m out an about and I just want someone to hold me and tell me everything is okay (wait is that romantic or sensual?) and then I find a lot of people aesthetically attractive.

Archived