Which type of attraction you experience the most often?

20170829_142341.jpg?w=700I know there are also allosexual people and if you are one of them-you also can answer. I guess sexual person can experience for example sensual attraction more often than sexual attraction.

I would probably say sensual attraction, someone that I can cuddle, hold hands, kiss that sort of thing, just not sexual involvement 

WanderingKate

Aesthetic attraction- all the time. Definitely on a weekly basis, to varied degrees of intensity. I definitely do get drawn to my aesthetic "crushes" if I find them attractive enough.

Sexual/Romantic attraction- ….Never? I find it all very confusing, but I've never felt any intense desire to either date someone or have sex with someone. Pretty sure I'm quite solidly aro/ace at this point. 

Alterous attraction- if this just refers to the strange, nebulous place between friendship and love...I may have experienced this for one person. Definitely not quite romantic attraction, and no desire to kiss/date. but more special than a friend. 

Sensual attraction...never? I enjoy some sensual things. But I'm usually not attracted to people in a sensual manner...but of course I like a good back rub, if that makes sense :D

I feel like cuddling can be nice, but I never crave it. 

Platonic attraction- maybe a couple times a year. I definitely have a strong drive to make friends and close, platonic relationships. But it has to be with people I connect with, I don't meet people that I really connect with all that often. I have a group of about 5 friends who I cherish. 

It's a mix of platonic/romantic/or sensual attraction.

Sensual :D & Aesthetic.

I crave touching, and haven't caressed or huggled physically in a while.

Other - Emotional attraction. I know I can be emotionally attracted to women, however that's as far as my attraction goes. I lack the ability to want to be friend with any one and the likes.

I don't know, I guess I would have to say I am pretty cohesively torn between electromagnetism and gravitation... although  that isn't to say that just because I don't feel really the weak and strong forces that means they don't affect me! they play a rather large role in my society, obviously.

somewhere between aesthetic and romantic

i guess i'm shallow, its always aesthetic attraction before romantic attraction

Aesthetic, even though it's rare, like once every year or two, at least I do experience that one.

Sexual and romantic I've never experienced, sensual I don't think I have either (not that i can remember? does it count if it's towards cats or soft blankets?). Platonic I'm unsure of. I have never looked at a person and wished to be their friend, but once I've treated someone like a friend for a long enough time I have had it happen that I've enjoyed their company to the point where I might contact them or wish to hang out. What does that make me, demi-platonic? Hah.

Nah, aesthetic is the most common one, for sure.

Definitely a combination of Romantic and Aesthetic attraction for me. IMHO, they both work together. Unless a woman is aesthetically attractive to me, I really do not feel any romantic interest. I suppose that makes me shallow but at this stage of my life, I am beyond trying to apologize for how my mind and biology work.

For me, it's mostly platonic attraction.  Sometimes aesthetic attraction.  Never anything else, really.  

A lot of aesthetic attraction. 

Most of the time I have a hard time to distinguish between platonic, romantic and sexual attraction (in most cases it's platonic, rarely sexual or romantic) 

1 hour ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Sensual :D & Aesthetic.

I crave touching, and haven't caressed or huggled physically in a while.

@Sarah-Sylvia, although it's not quite the same, I'm sending you a big 🤗 hug

14 minutes ago, oldgeeza said:

@Sarah-Sylvia, although it's not quite the same, I'm sending you a big 🤗 hug

Haha, that's nice <3, thank you :)

I definitely look for physical affection, but caring intentions can still feel good.

Sensual and aesthetic. @Sarah-Sylvia, I'm in the exact same boat. It's really not the greatest. Feel hugged if you'd like!

2 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

Sensual and aesthetic. @Sarah-Sylvia, I'm in the exact same boat. It's really not the greatest. Feel hugged if you'd like!

Ok well you get a hug back then :)

I guess back to the topic, Ive never really thought about platonic attraction. It makes sense though, especially on this site, it's just interesting to hear about it.

Hmm...I think it might be platonic, for me, because it feels so natural and a part of me that I don't notice it or pay attention when it occurs, whereas, I definitely notice the rare occasions when I experience aesthetic attraction and think that someone's appearance looks nice.

Galactic Turtle

Platonic I guess? I have a history of becoming friends with people but nothing else on that list lol.

Aesthetic I guess too because I'm a k-pop fan and some of those performers look flawless. 

When talking about my attraction to fictional characters, it can both be everything from sexual attraction, sensually attraction and romantic attraction to none of these things but aesthetic attraction. 

However i can be demi platonic attracted to people.

Aesthetic. It's literally just finding someone attractive, it happens to me all the time. Numerous times every day (unless I'm not awake for the whole day, lol)

But I do also experience romantic attraction very actively (every day with some, very rare, exceptions), and also sensual and sexual... in general I just experience attraction to people nonstop

The only one of these that I experience is romantic.

17 minutes ago, CBC said:

"Allo" here.

So the thing is, most of us don't use terms like "platonic attraction". When we talk about being attracted to someone, we mean romantically and sexually (I suppose sometimes just sexually). We don't consider wanting to be friends with someone or acknowledging they're pretty/handsome/whatever or wanting to hug somebody to be attraction.

With all that said, it's more common for me to want to be friends with someone than to make out with them or bang them or take long walks on the beach with them and gaze lovingly into their eyes. Which is to say that, probably unsurprisingly, it's more common for me to have platonic feelings than something more. I assume that's how it is for the majority of people? Most of us don't feel romantic/sexual desire for everyone we like. We meet way more people we just want to be friends with than ones we fall for.

Not necessarily (but can only speak in my case). I can be picky with desiring to be friends to some degree. I might like someone enough to become friends with them, but I feel like I maybe rarely get attracted to someone to be friends with them. I could be wrong, it feels like a new feeling to think about, lol. I enjoy being friends with people, but i think it depends on their personality for if I 'd feel platonic attraction (at least prior)

17 minutes ago, CBC said:

"Allo" here.

So the thing is, most of us don't use terms like "platonic attraction". When we talk about being attracted to someone, we mean romantically and sexually (I suppose sometimes just sexually). We don't consider wanting to be friends with someone or acknowledging they're pretty/handsome/whatever or wanting to hug somebody to be attraction.

With all that said, it's more common for me to want to be friends with someone than to make out with them or bang them or take long walks on the beach with them and gaze lovingly into their eyes. Which is to say that, probably unsurprisingly, it's more common for me to want to have platonic feelings than something more. I assume that's how it is for the majority of people? Most of us don't feel romantic/sexual desire for everyone we like.

Yeah, which is why it's mainly used in the aspec community. I mostly just feel platonic attraction, so for me it's a very important and useful term, but I can see how it would be less relevant for an allo. There are also people who don't feel an urge to make friends and thus experience other types of attraction more often/exclusively. 

Anthracite_Impreza

Aesthetic, pretty much every time we go out on the road...

8 hours ago, Galactic Turtle said:

Aesthetic I guess too because I'm a k-pop fan and some of those performers look flawless. 

haha I was literally going to say the same thing! I love kpop, especially the girls. 

Also I feel mostly alterous/platonic attraction IRL.

tenor.gif?itemid=10244340

Archived