Will you press the button?

The only problem: deciding which character is my favorite!

First I'd have to think of a character I'd actually like to be married to, because some of my favorite characters out there would make less than appealing cuddle buddies. 

haha I'm not planning on marrying anyone, and I don't have fictional crushes either sooo.... nope :) 

Lord Jade Cross

That would be a nightmare for the anime community....Imagine all the waifus and husbandos suddenly becoming real

My favourite fictional character is Heidi, so I could hardly marry a child! However if it were grown up Heidi, yeah, I'd possibly press that button.

I have never been attached enough to any fictional character to the point where I'd want them to be real, marry them, or fuck them.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lisbeth Salander ( The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) Yep

I have never had a fictional crush, so no. I don't get emotionally invested in a character. Also, all the best characters are probably people you would never want to marry. Antagonists tend to be the best character-wise.

1 hour ago, Aebt-Ætheling said:

Antagonists tend to be the best character-wise.

I don't agree with that, villains are most often super cringy. But so are a lot of the protagonists. The Marvel superheroes are boring and egotistical, for example. And they crack a lot of bad jokes.

The first example of a cool protagonistic character that came to mind is Neo from The Matrix. Then Blade. There are others but I'm drawing a blank right now.

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

*shyly raises hand* But...I wouldn't know which one to choose! A lot of them have tragic stories, too...

there isn’t any fictional character i would want to marry, so no? but also, i still think it would be rad if one of my favorite characters came to life, maybe that way we could be friends of some sort. 

The only problem is how to get them used to earth and coming to life though.

That aside...

I'd bring either Zaheer or Lapis.

😧 But like all of my favorite characters I pair off with someone. Maybe Kyoya from OHSHC even though I haven't seen it in years? Or Saya Takagi from HOTD! WAIT! I could marry Trunks and therefore make Mai irrelevant again! YES YES YES! PRESS THE BUTTON!

I don't have any fictional crushes, but I guess I could form a good relationship and eventual marriage with a fictional woman if I could meet her in real life.

23 hours ago, Moony's Boy Child said:

I don't agree with that, villains are most often super cringy.

I was specifically meaning literature villains, because I agree that movie villains are more often than not uncreative. Just as you pointed out though the protagonists can suffer from the same issues of uncreativeness too. I am drawn more to villains though, many in my opinion seem to be deeper. The perpetual question of, 'Are they really evil or are they trying to do good or are they trapped in a system without escape?' offers more to my mind than the questions the protagonists leave in their wake.

@Aebt-Ætheling I think now that I've thought this through a little more, I can admit that both types of characters can be interesting in their own ways. Maybe more artists see villains in a more complex way, though, and that could explain why you hold that perspective?

I don't know, though. I feel like when it comes to good and evil characters, they're usually both very one-dimensional in that they are supposed to be purely good or purely evil. Maybe the books you've read are different but that's been my experience with most books/films.

2 hours ago, Moony's Boy Child said:

Maybe more artists see villains in a more complex way, though, and that could explain why you hold that perspective?

An artist? I'm pretty far from being very artistic. Rather I love the humanities, specifically history. So in history you always have to think, 'Was Hitler personally anti-Semitic or just harnessing the crowds?' or, 'Was Robespierre insane, sucked into something he couldn't control, power-hungry, or a true believer in the cause?' Probably it is this outlook that shifts how I view villains, I want to evaluate them how we evaluate history.

Also I have trouble relating to most protagonists, often they are hyper-idealistic, hyper-humble, hyper-perfect, sometimes to the extent they are the human form of inspirational quotes that I find cheesy. Antagonists by contrast tend towards the opposite of that, and because of that raise interesting questions. Even in Harry Potter; Harry seems the near-perfect reluctant protagonists while Voldemort raises questions of does he actually think he is doing the right thing? When will he stop? What is his utopia? Is he really in full control or just harnessing the fear already in the air? How much are people loyal to him versus fearful of him? Is he pragmatic or idealistic?

I don't read much non-fiction but when I do I read bizarre books so maybe that similarly colours my vision. I do agree that many villains are flat, but I guess I find a flat villain better than a flat hero/heroine simply because evil raises more questions than goodness.

@Aebt-Ætheling Oops, I meant the artists who write the books or make the films. 

That's an interesting connection, and it's cool that you try to understand people, even the really messed up ones. I'm more fully understanding the importance of being able to do that.

I love good characters, so yeah.. But certain kinds. I am not a fan of the Marvel superheroes, for the reasons I gave. Also, because with those characters conquering evil *always* equates to killing whoever the villain is. I think that kind of mindset makes them just as bad as the villain. A great example of the kind of hero I like is Bruce Willis' character in Unbreakable; he isn't arrogant, he actually doesn't even fully realize his strength. And he isn't unrealistically perfect, he is just someone with a really good heart. I find someone like that really admirable, it takes a ton of mental strength to be that way. Someone who is a villain is weak mentally, because they have allowed themselves to become corrupted.

No. I'm not interested in any fictional characters

BUT, if I could marry Hwang Hyunjin by pressing a button, I would press it in a heartbeat ❤️

Keep romance away from me at all times please thank you.

If you made this thread like 2 months ago, I would probably have said that I would press the button as I had a fictional character in mind then.

But right now, I don't really have a fictional character that I'm into per se.

CelesteAdAstra

I would do unthinkable things to make this happen. It's seriously my biggest wish. Someone please make this happen.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some fictional characters whom I love (Iko, Aquila, Betty, etc...), but I love them in their own universes 💜 It wouldn’t be the same if they were in this one

Archived