Exploring new questions

Ita25

I've become very comfortable with saying I am a Heteroromantic Asexual with a kink. I have one fetish that arouses me as soon as I even think about it. Regardless of arousal, I have no desire for it leading to sex. In fact, I am repulsed whenever I'm exploring content within that fetish and it turns explicitly sexual in nature. 

With that said, I do hope to eventually find a woman to be in a romantic relationship with and hopefully act on that kink. I don't have a desire for sex, but I feel like if I loved someone, and we were very much intimate with one another, and she desired sex occasionally, I think I'd be willing to do it to satisfy her. Like I don't think I'd enjoy it much, but it wouldn't crush me if I did it. Does that alone strip me of the asexual term and make me grey-sexual, or does it only become gray if you wind up enjoying sex? 

What matters is if you desire sexual activity.  Being ok with it, or even being able to enjoy it, doesn't mean anything by itself, because asexuals can still do those things and still be asexual.

7 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

What matters is if you desire sexual activity.  Being ok with it, or even being able to enjoy it, doesn't mean anything by itself, because asexuals can still do those things and still be asexual.

Thank you. That makes sense. I definitely don't desire it. 

Is there a term for if you don't desire it until you are in a strong romantic relationship and then you do desire it but only with that person? Would that fall under the "gray" category? 

3 minutes ago, Ita25 said:

Is there a term for if you don't desire it until you are in a strong romantic relationship and then you do desire it but only with that person? Would that fall under the "gray" category? 

Demiromantic - AVENwiki

A demiromantic is a type of grey-romantic who only experiences romantic attraction after developing an emotional connection beforehand. Demiromantics do not experience primary romantic attraction, but they are capable of secondary romantic attraction. The sexual counterpart to demiromantic is demisexual.

1 minute ago, Sinking_In said:

"Gray-asexual demiromantic" is probably the way to put it (correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks for the reply! I just did some quick reading about it. If I'm understanding it right, demisexual is when you don't desire sex until you're with someone you've formed a strong intimate bond with, only then do you have sexual attraction. 

It also says that people considered gray would be the ones who experience sexual attraction on rare occasions but generally don't experience it.

rainbowocollie

Demi is a type of gray-a :)

4 minutes ago, questdrivencollie said:

Demi is a type of gray-a :)

Thank you! Makes sense. As for now, I'm sticking with my label of Heteroromantic Asexual, because I don't desire sex. I'll only know if I'm actually demisexual once I'm actually in a strong relationship. 

Archived