Is it possible that u think u are asexual but turn out to be of different orientation afterwards

George martin

What does your link lead to? I'm kind of wary of random internet links, so I'm not going to click it.

To answer the question in the title though, yes.

Um. Yes. That is possible for anyone of any orientation.

It is entirely possible for someone to believe they are one orientation but a particular person changes that view. I've known a few people believe they are straight their whole lives but then find someone who changes that. No reason it couldn't happen that someone who feels asexual finds someone they want to do sexual things with.

Janus the Fox
2 hours ago, Laurann said:

What does your link lead to? I'm kind of wary of random internet links, so I'm not going to click it.

To answer the question in the title though, yes.

The link leads to nowhere and just reloads the page, I think it’s just a typing error that it recognised as a link or the question typed into the link box.

• Like 1

This scares me. I could date a guy thinking he's asexual and he could turn into a sexual suddenly one day ? *shivers*

2 hours ago, lazypanda said:

This scares me. I could date a guy thinking he's asexual and he could turn into a sexual suddenly one day ? *shivers*

Heh. Anyone can change or turn out to be much different than you thought or the image you had a crush on . Relationships are never guaranteed to work perfectly. But when you can connect with the heart, and love each other, it can be amazing. It does suck when some things don't match, but there's quite a few asexuals in sexual relationships. Sometimes you try to make it work. Sometimes it's not a good enough match.

As for the thread question, it definitely is possible, since it happened to me :D Both in orientation as well as a/sexuality.

Part of it can be not knowing yourself well enough, but sometimes it can literally be fluid enough to change. Depends on the person.

Anthracite_Impreza

Of course, we learn more about ourselves as we go through life. Doesn't mean we changed orientation, just that we know new stuff now.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Heh. Anyone can change or turn out to be much different than you thought or the image you had a crush on . Relationships are never guaranteed to work perfectly. But when you can connect with the heart, and love each other, it can be amazing. It does suck when some things don't match, but there's quite a few asexuals in sexual relationships. Sometimes you try to make it work. Sometimes it's not a good enough match.

True. All relationships require some amount of compromise. However,a partner not being asexual would be a deal breaker for me. 😊

Wouldn't an asexual turning into a sexual later just be a demisexual ? As in, they crave sexual intimacy after forming a strong emotional bond ?

9 minutes ago, lazypanda said:

True. All relationships require some amount of compromise. However,a partner not being asexual would be a deal breaker for me. 😊

Wouldn't an asexual turning into a sexual later just be a demisexual ? As in, they crave sexual intimacy after forming a strong emotional bond ?

Yes that's right. Someone demisexual can be like that. Though in my post I meant someone asexual being with someone sexual and knowing about it.
In my case, I think I'm compatible with someone asexual, because I don't 'need' sex in a relationship. That said, I'm pretty sensual, so I need someone who likes to be touched :D
(There might be a bit more to it too though, I don't necessarily know everything about me.)