1st Openly Asexual Person on Major Magazine Cover

yazybee

Hi everyone!

I believe someone has already posted about this but I wanted to share it myself! As you may have heard, I was the first asexual person to be published on the cover of Attitude Magazine, the country's biggest LGBT+ magazine, which has had the likes of Prince William, Ru Paul, Sir Ian McKellen and Naomi Campbell on the cover. This might be the first time any asexual person has been published on the cover of an LGBT+ publication, or any national magazine.

It's a great milestone for the community and a testament to our place within the LGBT+ community. So next time someone starts a debate about whether we should be included in queer spaces or not, direct them towards this.

ELBUr-CXsAACMfi?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

An article about it was published in The Independent: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/attitude-magazine-asexual-woman-cover-star-a9235836.html

It's also the first time Attitude has featured an intersex person on the cover, with Anick Soni.

If you want a copy of the issue with me on the cover, you can email Attitude directly!

Best wishes,

- Yasmin Benoit (@theyasminbenoit)

That makes me really happy to see and reminds me that "ace discourse" on tumblr isn't the entire world. I get the impression that most LGBT+ spaces are actually pretty inclusive of aro/ace people, but the exclusionists are just so much louder. 
Keep on fighting the good fight!

Archived