I got Gender Dysphoria Confirmed Today

Janus the Fox

Janus the Fox

Good news I think... the Psych made the call that I am diagnosed Gender Dysphoria Disorder.  I’m not sure what I feel about that yet... it is a relief that my non-binary identity was acknowledged and also finally I can be open and honest on everything.  Doc has noticed that I’ve already partially transitioned in areas such as clothes, hair etc... but lack the social Dysphoria that’s common.  They explained that this social aspect, the lack of it is common with people on the Autism spectrum.   They even looked again at my Intersex history and it’s likely I’m already partially female.  Next step is still a Thyroid check to see if there’s any disorder that’s causing this gender difference in the new year,  and a full Hormone Landscape with the Endocrinologist to see the full picture in the several months ahead.  Christmas come early :P

This is quite nuts to me now... identifying as Non-Binary, partially transitioning already, intersex history, wanting to be more female... and then potentially the body itself rather than just the genitals is partially female already... it’s a lot to process my god lol.

In other news my memory test is good... not great, typical of my age and education level, poorer in memory and verbal recall, typically seen and accounted for with partial attention defects and Autism which is good news.  The thyroid check to make sure for this as well.

Least I’m valid and acknowledged in the medical field and it’s not part of a remnant of a delusion as it was previously thought of.  

Well, if you're glad about it, good  :D

I was never diagnosed for anything, I just did what I needed to get my hormones. I suppose getting an official diagnosis could be useful in some cases.
I'm curious how the intersex portion of what you talked about features, but in any case, have fun with the next steps 😜 I haven't heard too much when it comes to what non-binary people go through around all this.

Congrats, if You like! Thats one step forward.

As for myself, I finally got enough courage to call healthcare today.

The usual stuff happened: I call, get forwarded to the completely wrong person and have to call back, only to be told the (hopefully) right person isn't available until tomorrow.

Well, I won't give up.

At least, no one I spoke to thought it was any weird.

2 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

...Least I’m valid and acknowledged in the medical field and it’s not part of a remnant of a delusion as it was previously thought of.  

That's good to hear that you're being treated with respect from medical professionals.

Phantasmal Fingers

I am diagnosed Gender Dysphoria Disorder

I'm pleased if you're pleased! 🙂

my non-binary identity was acknowledged

As above. 🙂

This is quite nuts to me now... identifying as Non-Binary, partially transitioning already, intersex history, wanting to be more female... and then potentially the body itself rather than just the genitals is partially female already...

Nuts? What exactly is nuts? Your current status or being in transition?

If you don't mind my asking, do you see your newly acknowledged non-binary identity as a temporary part of a transitioning process that will be completed when you are fully female? After all, if you do fully transition then you'll just be boring old cis like the rest of us 😮 rather than an exotic trans, non-binary! 😮 But if you dump the dysphoria along with your trans or non-binary identity then you're home free! 😃

Is that what you're saying?

Janus the Fox
2 hours ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Well, if you're glad about it, good  :D

I was never diagnosed for anything, I just did what I needed to get my hormones. I suppose getting an official diagnosis could be useful in some cases.
I'm curious how the intersex portion of what you talked about features, but in any case, have fun with the next steps 😜 I haven't heard too much when it comes to what non-binary people go through around all this.

Yeah I guess getting it official sets it in stone, the GIC stage though seems to have been skipped and I'm going for the Endo HRT stage next, unless the GIC is like the last step before any surgeries.  I'm not exactly sure how the Intersex exactly fits.  I was born with a mild intersex condition, a condition over the years is now considered part of the intersex spectrum as it seems.  Genitalia though male, I was small and developmentally well behind in physical puberty by as much as 5 years.  I don't think I have had much of a psychological puberty.  Over a few years currently, more I lost weight, more I was thinking about becoming neutral or female.  My body is already taking on some feminine shape more fitter I got Pre-HRT, even if some if it is remnants of an obese past.  I'm already partially transitioned in a few aspects to strategically manage the mild dysphoria.

I'm intrigued to see what the hormone landscape looks like, like if I'm already hormonally slightly female.  That be interesting being intersex hormonally already.  I'm thinking abote T blockers and a low E dose as a start, dependent on the hormone landscape, dependent on health.  My GP is useless on all aspects apart from 'diet and exercise'  I'm luvky to has a Psych able to take on some steps toward some transition.

33 minutes ago, Moderne Jazzhanden said:

I'm pleased if you're pleased! 🙂

As above. 🙂

Nuts? What exactly is nuts? Your current status or being in transition?

If you don't mind my asking, do you see your newly acknowledged non-binary identity as a temporary part of a transitioning process that will be completed when you are fully female? After all, if you do fully transition then you'll just be boring old cis like the rest of us 😮 rather than an exotic trans, non-binary! 😮 But if you dump the dysphoria along with your trans or non-binary identity then you're home free! 😃

Is that what you're saying?

It's a shock to having it genuinely confirmed to me.  Yeah I feel already non-binary now, a body I like to see neutral, I think this would be a temporary step into some demigirl state for the body.  Sometimes I'd rather be a girl much more than being a guy but neutral much more than being a guy and slightly more desire to be a girl than neutral.  The gender bit is still complex lo, I'm sooo far from cis always, I'm still a fox, but a vixen instead hehe :P

Phantasmal Fingers
30 minutes ago, Janus DarkFox said:

Sometimes I'd rather be a girl much more than being a guy but neutral much more than being a guy and slightly more desire to be a girl than neutral.  The gender bit is still complex lo, I'm sooo far from cis always, I'm still a fox, but a vixen instead hehe :P

The "sometimes" implies fluidity, does it not?

So is it always "girl - neutral - guy" in that order or does that order too (sometimes?) vary? 

Another question I would be interested in hearing your take on is this:- does fluidity always imply dysphoria? 

Janus the Fox
54 minutes ago, Moderne Jazzhanden said:

The "sometimes" implies fluidity, does it not?

So is it always "girl - neutral - guy" in that order or does that order too (sometimes?) vary? 

Another question I would be interested in hearing your take on is this:- does fluidity always imply dysphoria? 

No it just means it isnt regularly felt, If I'm distracted or cross-dressing, there's some relief from it.

I'm a male sex now, I like to be neutral and to become more female, I'm thinking it's more solid though the in-between of neutral and girl is where the gender can be for me I understand a bit clearly for.

It can, though it's a very individual experience, the fluid person can at points feel dysphoric at points where it shifts and can be relieved in their own way.

Phantasmal Fingers
1 hour ago, Janus DarkFox said:

No it just means it isnt regularly felt, If I'm distracted or cross-dressing, there's some relief from it.

Interesting. So is dysphoria still 'there' when you're distracted or does it arise and then cease and arise and then cease etc, etc? 

1 hour ago, Janus DarkFox said:

It can, though it's a very individual experience, the fluid person can at points feel dysphoric at points where it shifts and can be relieved in their own way.

So dysphoria is real though experienced subjectively? Unlike a medical condition which is subjectively felt but also objectively 'there', in the way a tumour is there though it may initially cause no subjectively noticeable experiences? 

Janus the Fox
5 minutes ago, Moderne Jazzhanden said:

Interesting. So is dysphoria still 'there' when you're distracted or does it arise and then cease and arise and then cease etc, etc? 

So dysphoria is real though experienced subjectively? Unlike a medical condition which is subjectively felt but also objectively 'there', in the way a tumour is there though it may initially cause no subjectively noticeable experiences? 

It's still there if less noticeable for that duration and for a small time later.

The medical defination and tests can probably be very different from those that are experiencing it, very real and valid to me, it is a wide spectrum and one perhaps that's changing in that medical field to include the more fuller spectrum to be considered for treatment.

• 1 month later...
Janus the Fox

Results are in and everything is fine apart from one, the prolactin is 'slightly raised' which it was the same level 9 years previously getting the test done, only to be told it is a normal variation by an endo at the time.

In light of the new gender focus, the level means it's high for a man and normal for a woman.  The biggest reason for raised levels is stress, diet and presence, having none of that now, it's a stronger case for GIC follow-up and a stronger indicator of a intersex difference.  The only other thing researching it is that it's affected by Dopamine, the lesser of it for which clinical depression is long term present.

Since there's a brand new GIC clinic open more nearby, the waiting time is much shorter , the psych has already put in for both GIC and Endo, noting the prolactin difference as important, whichever comes first, though I'm told the wait for GIC could be shorter than the Endo.  It can still be 21 months or so wait still, better than 4-5 years with the only clinic is London.

Just Somebody

Yo folx, please remember that:

Body parts =/= gender identity.

Gender identity = social group you feel represented by.

Your gender identity is valid and you're enough no matter what your gender expression such as appearance and behaviors are, or whether you transition any way or not. 

Intersex =/= ambiguous gender expression =/= non-binary gender identity.

Janus the Fox

Noted, I was born with a mild intersex condition, not exactly ambiguous genitalia, it’s it’s own spectrum that definitions seem to have changed. Past the last 30 years.

it'll be interesting to discuss the intersex condition and that of the hormonal difference is related as part of a broader collection of syndromes that I’ve already got diagnosed over the 8-9 years getting those.

Gender is more my personal relationship with the body that’s not quite in tune with my mind rather than establishing the social group I’d wish to be part of yet.

id be keeping this thread open, gives me some idea on dates and times every stage happens.

Archived