Question Regarding SRS and Orchiectomy

Kasseb

I hope this is the right place for this thread. Basically, I'm due for SRS, but first I'm getting an orchiectomy before vaginoplasty. My question what is it like, both sex, non-sex, healing, etc? I hear a lot of regret or complications coming from my boyfriend from what he reads on the internet. I'm curious what sex is like after an orchiectomy, but also, is a neo-vagina bad? Does it always smell like feces, per a few people I've spoken to. I want to see if anyone can help answer these for me so I can think a little harder and get a perspective before jumping into getting this life-altering surgery. Thank you!

Janus the Fox

A curious question to me too.  I can imagine that the natural glands for self cleaning is different between a penis and a vagina.  The vagina is a more ‘open’ space compared to the penis so bacteria can be more likely. Between HRT articles I do read, body odours do change, so does too that area.  I can only imagine that self care post op and hygiene becomes of higher importance.

Reading online is perhaps not the best source of information, granted it’s limited or full of horror stories.  Maybe somebody can add to this with experiences, also pre op/post op care with the doctors are perhaps the best source of information as everyone’s experience is always different. 

4 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

The vagina is a more ‘open’ space compared to the penis so bacteria can be more likely.

Yes, it's its own tiny little ecosystem. The bacterial population is important for its health, that's why vaginas are self-cleaning, controlled pH and all that to preserve its flora's balance. I assume it must be hard to recreate. 

@Autumn McJavabean, the best person to answer your questions will be someone on the "team" who have assessed you for SRS. They're the one's who best know the difference between fact and urban myth. Because the vagina is constructed using the skin of the removed penis it will still have sweat glands, so rather than faeces, if the correct hygiene regime isn't followed, its likely there will be some olfactory issues.

Being on the "receiving end" of anal sex post-orchiectomy will be no different than before. As for achieving erections, some can and some can't. 

Best thing is to Google "post-orchiectomy sex" and be very wary of the videos 

Well I have had an orchiectomy so I have some first hand knowledge about it. It greatly decreases the sex drive so there is a chance you might not be able to have sex afterward. If you have any more questions concerning this topic then feel free to ask. 

3 hours ago, acematt said:

Well I have had an orchiectomy so I have some first hand knowledge about it. It greatly decreases the sex drive so there is a chance you might not be able to have sex afterward. If you have any more questions concerning this topic then feel free to ask. 

Do you mind if I PM you?

18 hours ago, Autumn McJavabean said:

Do you mind if I PM you?

By all means. I don't mind at all. Ask me any of your concerns and I'll be more than happy to answer your questions. 

Archived