Confused about my feelings

Helena_lee

Hi there! I'm new so not sure if this is how you ask a question but I am very confused and need some answers. I know this girl who I find very pretty and smart. Whenever I see her or interact with her, I get butterflies in my stomach and my heart speeds up. Because of this, I've even went out my way to avoid her and avoid places I know she will be at. (Not because I don't like her but because I get anxiety when I see her) I also care about her opinions towards me a lot more than others and I spend a lot of time daydreaming or thinking about her. Sometimes, I would think about a sentence she said for hours. Also, my mind subconsciously remembers a lot of small details about her. However, I don't fantasize being in a romantic or sexual relationship with her. If she asked me out, I would say no. I also don't want to be really close friends with her? I don't know, I daydream about us being friends but I don't know how I feel about actually being friends with her in real life. Like, I would be happy to be a little closer to her but the idea of being best friends with her is intimidating. I don't know what this feeling is and where that would put me on the spectrum. It'd be great if someone can give answers. :)

• Like 1

Heya. Welcome Helena ;)

Well you're able to have a crush anyway. There's a bit to it too. Is it possible you have romance in you as well around it, but just don't want to be possibly disappointed in real life about it.
Also, how do you feel about just daydreaming, and doing nothing else?

You didn't mention anything about how you feel around sex, so it's kind of hard to say something about that. It's also still hard to tell if you're aromantic or not :P

It's a discovery. I'm sure you'll find out some stuff.

I don't think this puts you on any spectrum at all, apart from the spectrum for anxiety maybe. Two words stand out to me: anxiety and intimidating. I think it could well be that your anxiety causes your mind to avoid thinking about her in a way that you are in a romantic relationship with her. Anxiety can be very powerful and can work on your mind without you being aware it is anxiety. Do you feel that could be what is going on? This doesn't mean you aren't on a specturm somewhere or that you are asexual, however. Only you can say I'm on the right track or not, so take your time to work things through and allowing your feelings to settle either way. It does sound like a real crush! 🙂