Okay Kaya's new album features a song called "Asexual Wellbeing"

Homer

Ever since my first job at MTV working as a music programmer, I can't stop trying to match people with music they might like. So, I wrote a book called Record Collecting for Girls and started interviewing musicians. The Music Concierge is a column where I share music I'm listening to that you might enjoy, with a little context. 

Dec 13, 2019 — https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/12/9024689/new-music-december-13-2019

hook me up with more tunes! i'll have to go back to this page in 2020

Janus the Fox

sometimes i rub my ghost dick 

until i can almost see it

but right now all i need is your cerebral per diem

that midnight van leuwen netflix
and yeast infection

i know sex with me is mediocre

but i can give you asexual wellbeing

sex with me is mediocre

but i can probably feel what you’re feeling

if they can put a pulse into a spinach leaf

can they turn the two of us into a tree?

you still have the spare key

i have vegan peanut butter chocolate icescream

I just want us to do well

like jon bon jovi's rosé

If that’s an accurate translation, it reads like a rather lack of libido rather than a lack of sexual attraction to me. 

“sometimes i rub my ghost dick until i can almost see it“ reads like an inability to achieve orgasm, it is sung by a women, therefore masturbating until raw that it starts to look like the head of a penis “almost see it”

”but right now all i need is your cerebral per diem” can give an intellectual wellbeing instead in a relationship.

”that midnight van leuwen netflix and yeast infection” Having no sex means avoiding the sexual expectations and risks like “Netflix and chill” and STIs

“i know sex with me is mediocre but i can give you asexual wellbeing, sex with me is mediocre but i can probably feel what you’re feeling”. Reads like that sex is lackluster but can still feel the same sexual feeling that the other is feeling

the rest feels rather random, but could mean listing preferences which feels more fulfilling and be rather instead.

The music feels or is of low quality, the disembodied hand if put into focus as if to symbolise a frustration with masturbation, possibly there’s depression symbolism.  There’s a feeling of low quality or tuning mistakes which is often a quality rarely seen in high end typical music, the lyrics are hard to hear against the tune.  It is definitely an art piece around sexual expectations and masturbation to me

is my interpretations on it though.

Archived