I'm Still Learning

Writer In The Forest

Writer In The Forest

Hey, I've been a part of a GSA for a little while now this year and while I myself am comfortably cis, I now know a lot of people who are trans or genderqueer and got kinda curious about the different orientations. I know a fair bit about sexual and romantic orientations from my own research, but I'd like to know more about the gender ones. That way I can be properly respectful and supportive of my fellow club members and friends. (Plus, I love learning new things and this is one I'm awfully curious about, but I don't want to detract from that first point)

Anyways, I wanted to ask if any of you had any info or tips for me. Anyone know any good websites about this type of thing? Thanks! 😃

Did you take a look at the stickied threads? This is a masterlist for different genders and all that. It's not super detailed but is enough to get a general overview

If there's anything else you'd like to know or ask about, don't be shy :)

A small note though, in there what they wrote about transfeminine and transmasculine isn't fully accurate, at least for it being bigger terms. There might be a few things that need more explanation, but anyway, it's still a good list.

I'm a transfemale myself, not out, and I've also thought about other non-binary genders. I'm basically done questioning myself for now, so now I'm just trying to figure out how to move forward from here. Made a few steps and then trying to work on myself to have more confidence (for more).

Writer In The Forest
2 minutes ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Did you take a look at the stickied threads? This is a masterlist for different genders and all that. It's not super detailed but is enough to get a general overview

If there's anything else you'd like to know or ask about, don't be shy :)

I'm a transfemale, not out, and I've also thought about other non-binary genders. I'm basically done questioning myself for now, so now I'm just trying to figure out how to move forward from here. Made a few steps and then trying to work on myself to have more confidence (for more).

Thanks! I didn't know about that, I'm not often in the Gender Discussion section as much as the other ones.

Archived