Attracted to femininity?

xToasty

(I have no idea which forum to put this on, so feel free to move it if it's in the wrong forum.)

Is it possible to just be attracted to femininity? Like, you don't care what gender they actually are, you just got romantically/sexually attracted just to the concept of femininity, and people who meet this concept? Is it just being pan but your type is a more feminine type? Or is there an actual term for this?

It was just a thought that came into my head, so sorry if it's weird or doesn't make sense.

Yeah the term is gyneromantic/sexual :) 

The opposite is androromantic/sexual.

Some people also use womaromantic/sexual and maromantic/sexual.

Yes, it is.  I'm not sure andro/gyneromantic is the best term for such a thing though; most people seem to use those terms to mean "I'm attracted to men/women" in order to bypass the issues some trans people have with the standard hetero/homo orientations, which say "I'm attracted to the opposite/same sex".  If your own sex flies in the face of your gender, using hetero/homo terminology to explain your own orientation may feel less comfortable.

Is it just being pan but your type is a more feminine type?

Pretty much, yes.  I don't know if there's a dedicated term for something like this, but not really caring about the other person's sex/gender ultimately points toward bi/pan.

2 hours ago, AweSim said:

Is it possible to just be attracted to femininity?

Yes, I'd say it's fairly mainstream thing. Think feminine men who are also gay, it's not just the 'effeminate' male who is attracted to someone else, it's also the person who finds them attractive'. The only trouble starts when you redefine 'femininity'.

I'm not sure what you mean by femininity, but I'm attacted to guys that have "stereotypically feminine" traits or hobbies. I think it's cute when a guy paints his nails, takes care of their hair or would rather spend the evening watch a rom com in pjs. Just to name a few stereotypical examples. Personal I like having more things to do and bond over. 

4 hours ago, Laurann said:

Yeah the term is gyneromantic/sexual :) 

The opposite is androromantic/sexual.

Some people also use womaromantic/sexual and maromantic/sexual.

I didn't know those terms, that's cool :)

I havent thought how I feel about a feminine guy that much. I think i'd like it. It wouldnt have the same feeling, but I like femininity.

Maybe I'm pan.. but I do care about people's genders and appearance, I just feel different things about them, and like them in different ways, I guess.

I still don't quite understand pansexual, and if it fits with me  or if I'm bisexual (or biromantic), but i guess it doesn't matter too much to me which label I use. Woudln't mind understanding it further tho.

Archived