Skycaptain

Article in the Daily Mail

Skycaptain

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7776055/One-Britains-youngest-transgender-children-begun-transitioning.html

At least she has supportive parents, despite an unsupportive society 

• Like 1

Janus DarkFox

Good article but the title is very attention grabby to provoke shock, this is a natural and normal thing to desire a change at any age.

• Like 2

LeChat

Thanks, for the article.

She looks so happy, in those photos. It's sad to hear that, despite having supportive classmates and school staff, that parents weren't inviting her to classmates' parties, anymore, and that she had to be home-schooled, due to being bullied in secondary school.

• Like 3

Moderne Jazzhanden

The Mail is the most interesting of all the British papers, I think. It's main focus - if you go beyond the front page politics - seems to be the 'human interest' angle - it's basically a current affairs soap opera. I know more than one left of centre person who describes the Mail on Saturday/Mail on Sunday as a "guilty pleasure" they can't not buy. It's obviously not the political slant on the front pages and in the leader columns these people buy it for, it's the "issues" in the rest of it...

But then again you have to expect an newspaper to sensationalise, at least to an extent. 

14 minutes ago, Janus DarkFox said:

the title is very attention grabby to provoke shock

Yes, I agree, but I also think the Ace community can exploit this quite effectively... 😉

• Like 1

That Ginger Kid

I’m happy she has supportive parents. Too many trans kids have shitty, uninformed parents. Hopefully everything goes well for her. 

• Like 1

crazy ace
5 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

Good article but the title is very attention grabby to provoke shock, this is a natural and normal thing to desire a change at any age.

Well, it is the daily mail.

Acing It

Has anyone read the comments? Or should I steer clear of this article. Comments are often a car crash I can't not watch if you know what I mean.