Help on relationship

TheTurtleMan

Hi there! :)

I wanted help on what I should do with a friendship I have with this girl. I have some sort of feeling for her, I'm not sure if its a crush or squish or whatever it is, but i want to spend more time with her. I definitely crave an emotional relationship with someone (where i can trust and enjoy that person) Should i inform her i am demi/grey a and try and be a bestest friend? or should i just go with what I have now and try for a sort of relationship of bf/gf before telling her? I don't want to come on to strong, and I am also not sure if she is flirting with me so I don't want to disappoint her if I say i'm ace. Hopefully someone more experienced can give me some advice :) 

banana monkey

ok so sorry but some questions. You are demi/grey what? grayromantic or graysexual. Might make a difference. I'm assuming demiro given that you also say you are ace. You say should I just go with what I have now... Sorry but I'm not entirely sure what that is Friendship? I'm assuming so given that you say that earlier but a little unsure. 

Basically if you are demiro feelings wont develop without a friendship first so as a fellow demiro my advice to people is always spend more time together as friends and see if anything happens. That way you havent lost anything if nothing comes of it. People can be very close friends and see each other a lot whilst still being friends, how often you see each other doesnt define a relationship. My best friend and I even cuddled as friends before we defined it as anything more. I dont think you should try for Bf/gf type relationship without talking through your anxieties, that got me into a lot of trouble down the line in the past even though I thought I was clear we didnt talk in depth and that really hurt the other person. 

Since you know you at least want a friendship, why not just try to be more friends with her?

If it gets to the point where you more than just hug, it could be  a good time to bring it up. I don't think it's necessary to bring up how you are before you know each other better, but it some people might want to do that to be honest right from the start. It could be worth getting some friend experience first though.

Just do what you feel is right ;) You want to try to be closer, then you can see first if that can happen. Just my take :)

16 minutes ago, banana monkey said:

You are demi/grey what? grayromantic or graysexual.

demi-sexual/grey-sexual. I'm not entirely sure, I don't get  sexual desires with people but i definitely have had feelings for someone before. to me it feels like a longing to be with them in general. 

Archived