Hello everyone

CodyRandom

Hey everyone,

I'm honestly really glad that I am posting on this forum and I can already see and feel how welcoming everyone is. I should tell you all about myself or at least what are the good parts to me (haha). My name is Cody and I'm from Denver, CO and yes my birthday is on 7/11 (This year was the first year that I've actually got to do the free slurpee thing btw). I don't have many friends and honestly I didn't have many friends growing up either, but don't feel sorry for me because I promise you that I don't feel sad by it. I started to feel "weird" and different from everyone right around the age of 11. I couldn't tell what it was at the time, but I knew I wasn't like everyone else.

As I grew up I thought I was gay because I didn't find girls attractive, but after a few years I began to notice that I had never found the guys in my classes or anywhere attractive... well maybe excluding Adam Lambert. I thought I was broken or a freak to be a virgin at the age of 17 due to the fact that all the people I hung out with in school were talking about sex, being in a relationship, and doing "normal" things. I yearned to be in a relationship not just to feel what it was like to be "normal", but to see why I was feeling this way.

Looking back at myself during the ages of 11 to hell even 23 I'm sad by the pain and loneliness I went through trying to find out who I was and why I felt so different. I'm currently 25 and still never been in a relationship, but am looking for someone whoever and where ever they are. I don't really tell people I'm asexual due to it being none of their business, and they usually just think I'm gay. I've made the mindset that "hey if I get into a relationship that's great, but if not that's alright to" I know that finding someone who would give up sex permanently for me is a hard thing to do, and I don't blame them. So I've learned to just do what I like to do like read books, go to movies, travel the world, work out, etc.

Once again thanks for reading and I hope we can be friends :)

CodyRandom

Hi Cody,

I'm new to the site as well, but I hope (like you) that I can find some people to connect with.

You and I might not fit the definition the exact same way, but I definitely can feel some camraderie already with you and others on this site. It's nice to see that there are SO MANY people who are the "same" when you feel different.

I hope this site brings you what you are looking for right now! :)

Just now, CassLang said:

You and I might not fit the definition the exact same way, but I definitely can feel some camraderie already with you and others on this site. It's nice to see that there are SO MANY people who are the "same" when you feel different.

Aw Thank you CassLang :) I'm honestly glad that so many people here are alike. I also hope you find what you're looking for :P 

Dances With Cats

Hello and welcome, @CodyRandom. I'm still pretty new to the forums, too, and I've found it to be a welcoming and supportive place. I relate a lot to some of the things you shared, such as thinking you were gay because you weren't attracted to the opposite sex (for me, it was thinking I must be a lesbian because I wasn't attracted to guys). I've had several relationships with other women and they've never included sex, even though they were pretty patient with me. It wasn't because they were unattractive; it's just that I never understood what it feels like to be horny for someone.

I have a small group of IRL friends, too. For me it's because as an introvert, I prefer to do quieter things and have really good conversations with a few people rather than being a social butterfly. I'm fortunate that I'm content living by myself (well, with three cats, but no human roommates) so I don't get lonely too often.

I'm 51 years old, so I've got a few years on you (LOL), but I'm always happy to share whatever information and wisdom I've gathered over the years.

And @CassLang, welcome to you, too!

Welcome! You could always try dating other asexuals, there’s even sites like Acebook for it, and a lot of people have met their significant other at Meetups :) 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Archived