Can a demisexual be sexually and romantically attracted to their partner but still find someone else aesthetically and sensually (excluding kissing) attracted to someone else?

Vemnilla Dash

Can a demisexual be sexually and romantically attracted to their partner but still find someone else aesthetically and sensually (excluding kissing) attracted to someone else?

Yes.

That was easy and painless.

Yes. If sexuals can be attracted to people other than their partners, why can't demisexuals ? Attraction is just a response to stimulus and doesn't follow any rules. I believe that monogamy is largely a manmade construct and isn't quite wired into our brains naturally. What is important is that you don't act on your attraction(because as humans we are above being slaves to our primal instincts).

I identify as Demisexual and can say that I find many people aesthetically attractive.  As far as sensual if you're talking about wanting to touch or hug someone that happens as well but on a very rare basis.  It doesn't really follow any rules.   Aesthetically there are certain things that I enjoy but for sensual I still need some sort of connection. 

Anything more than that takes a major spark that has only happened for me twice.  As for acting on your attractions that's between you and your partner.  You can find people on here in Poly relationships that can give you advice if you plan on pursuing things,  but I would think about that long and hard before trying to do anything. We might be above our instincts but sometimes our actions leave regrets that we cannot go back on.

Yes, I'm aesthetically and sensually attracted to many people, especially women.

• 2 weeks later...
DogObsessedLi

I'm starting to consider myself as demisexual (and as yet I've only experienced it with men, I say as yet because we all know that we need to experience it to know). However, I'm strongly aesthetically attracted to nearly everything - men, women, nature, art; basically I recognise beauty quite easily. But if any of these "beautiful men and women" took their clothes off, I would still be treating them as the same as any art or natural beauty in nature, I am often left thinking "so what am I supposed to do here" while largely taking a step back. And yes, we all have our specific sensory needs anyway, and some people are more sensory with friends or anyone than others.

Archived