There is nothing wrong with me!

Neen27

Hi all, my name is Janine, im 37 and my whole adult life i have felt and been told there is something wrong with me because of my lack of sexual desire. I have tried to have relationships and they have all failed for the same reason, i don't want sex. It leads to a lot of tears and a LOT of heart break. I love connecting with a special person and i need physical contact but have never had a need for sex, which i imagine most of you know is very hard/impossible for a non asexual person to understand. 

I found this group today because my current partner and i had another fight about sex and she actually sent me some info on asexuality. 

I love my partner very much and she does me, but it is very hard for her to understand (she is trying) my sexuality. She still thinks i can change with the right help. I know now that i will nog change and for the first time in my life i am ok with that, this is who i am and there is nothing wrong with me! 😁

So that's a bit about me. I am so glad i have found this group.

Welcome! We’re happy to have you. Remember to stay true to yourself and don’t let them guilt trip you into it if you don’t want to :) 

csc_8469.jpg

Hi and welcome! 🍰

There's definitely nothing wrong with you, and you'll be understood here.

Whether or not someone can change doesn't matter for how they are now, and it takes to be understanding in whichever case. I'm glad you're more accepting yourself :)

A person's orientation can't be changed. Your partner needs to understand and accept this. In the long run, you need to be with a partner who accepts and loves you for who you are, and will be happy with whatever version of sexual contact that you can happily do, even if that means none.

Archived