Confused, am I asexual?

I'm 19 and from a christian family, when I try to tell my parents that I think sex and the human body are just gross or uninteresting they tell me it will pass and I will find someone I'll be attracted to. I can't tell if my reaction is just exaggerated or if I am really some shade of ace. I can feel aroused by written sex scenes where both partner have fun , but more for the emotions than the phisical part and I never felt sexual attraction, wanted to cuddle yes, kiss really nope, genitals are just gross and the sensation of arousal is usually too much. I consider myself sort of nonbinary, my body is mostly ok, but I am female only for social convention otherwise meh.

For relationships, I dislike emotional closeness as it feels often too much, but still occasionally crave it.

Am I asexual?

Hi ;)

Some will say it really depends and you have to know more about yourself in relationships and all that. But it does sound like you're asexual or at least around there.
I'm demisexual and even though I don't experience sexual attraction normally, it can happen if I'm with someone I love or feel very affectionate for them. It's good not to rule out possibilities, but at the very least you're a lot less sexual than 'normal'.

Emotional closeness doesn't have to do with sex at all, so if there's something there, it'd be something else. Even people who're aromantic can still want emotional closeness. Depends on the person though. Worth discovering more about yourself in any case :)

5 hours ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Hi ;)

Some will say it really depends and you have to know more about yourself in relationships and all that. But it does sound like you're asexual or at least around there.
I'm demisexual and even though I don't experience sexual attraction normally, it can happen if I'm with someone I love or feel very affectionate for them. It's good not to rule out possibilities, but at the very least you're a lot less sexual than 'normal'.

Emotional closeness doesn't have to do with sex at all, so if there's something there, it'd be something else. Even people who're aromantic can still want emotional closeness. Depends on the person though. Worth discovering more about yourself in any case :)

Thanks

18 hours ago, Nanashi7 said:

it feels often too much

it seems like you mean something here but I am not sure I understand what that is.

other than that, maybe you should consider your fingers. if you were brought up to never have your fingers visible in polite society, would you think they were gross?