How does the LGBTQ+, straight, and ace community make you feel?

crazy ace

How does the LGBTQ+, straight, and ace community make you feel?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Non cishet aces: On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 meaning very and 1 meaning not at all, how comfortable/safe do you feel in the ace community?

• NA
  2. 2. Non cishet aces: On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 meaning very and 1 meaning not at all, how comfortable/safe do you feel in the LGBTQ+ community?

• NA
  3. 3. Non cishet aces: On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 meaning very and 1 meaning not at all, how comfortable/safe do you feel in the cishet community

• NA
  4. 4. cishet aces: On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 meaning very and 1 meaning not at all, how comfortable/safe do you feel in the ace community?

• NA
  5. 5. cishet aces: On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 meaning very and 1 meaning not at all, how comfortable/safe do you feel in the LGBTQ+ community?

• NA
  6. 6. cishet aces: On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 meaning very and 1 meaning not at all, how comfortable/safe do you feel in the cishet community

• NA
  7. 7. Non cishet sexuals On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 meaning very and 1 meaning not at all, how comfortable/safe do you feel in the ace community?

• NA
  8. 8. Non cishet sexuals On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 meaning very and 1 meaning not at all, how comfortable/safe do you feel in the LGBTQ+ community?

• NA
  9. 9. Non cishet sexuals On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 meaning very and 1 meaning not at all, how comfortable/safe do you feel in the cishet community

• NA

This poll is closed to new votes

Sorry cishet sexuals! I ran out of question space. Here's the link for your survey, as soon as I make it:

Galactic Turtle

Honestly the only difference for me between asexual specific communities and non asexual specific communities is that at least in the asexual ones there is a common knowledge that asexuality is a thing. While the LGBT community is a very established thing, as an aro ace person I just kinda view them the same as straight people in that they experience a bundle of feelings and inclinations that I don't. The only place I'd probably feel unsafe is in a neighborhood full of people who think like the KKK.... cause you can tell I'm black just by looking at me. Can't tell anything about my sexuality. 

That Ginger Kid

I generally don’t feel too out of place no matter where I go. Most all other queer people are accepting of me being ace, and those who aren’t usually look past that because I’m panromantic. But I also blend in really well with heterosexuals, since both ace and pan are one of those identities deemed “invisible” (meaning, I’m not out here with a same- gender partner or some shit that tips off the hets). But there are always people from either the cishet or the queer community who aren’t going to like me for how I just am, so I put that I’m a little less than totally comfortable in either setting. 

Whore*of*Mensa

I feel reasonably comfortable in most spaces. I’ve never sought out LGBT spaces as a member of that community.

The only time I feel uncomfortable is in very male environments to be honest. Or in environments where the aim of people around me is to ‘score’ (I can’t bring any other phrase to mind, but this is actually what people say!) I mean like parties or clubs where there’s a sexually charged atmosphere.

• 1 year later...

@crazy ace

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived