Controversial video game opinions?

Crazycrazycultist

Crazycrazycultist

The consequences of being a human being with a complex brain and human emotions as well as freethinking is having opinions. And, of course, that can surface in the way we view our media.

So, today, I'm here to talk about video games. Odds, are you have a video game opinion that differs from the norm. Which is good in my case. Since, it opens the door to discussion. So, I'd like you to tell me your most controversial video game opinions and to explain why if you can. I'll start...

-I think Uncharted 3 is the best in the series. Even though it has its flaws.

-The PS Vita was a remarkable handheld console.

-The first The Evil Within is good. Though sometimes rough around the edges. The second game is also just as good. But, in different ways.

-Uncharted 4 is neither the best nor worst in the series.

That's what I got! What are yours?

I really like Fallout 4 (...mostly because it was my first Fallout, yeah yeah). But more than that, I like it more than Fallout 3 and New Vegas... because they have terrible graphics and I don't like their UI. I can't play them. I'm too much of a whippersnapper who just doesn't appreciate a good story if it's packaged in sub-par graphics. 

When they totally makeover the old games in the new engine, then we'll talk. 

In my opinion, the old pokemon renders (Ds versions) were best, along with the sprites back then. The 3d looks weird to me. 

Psp was ahead of its time and one of the best handheld designs. Ds just got off better :)

The gamecube was the best console of it's time (for me it was anyway). 

$20 is the most anyone should pay up front for a game, ever. Even then, that's expensive if you don't get at least 40+ hours out of it. 100+ is the ideal at that cost.

If I see advertisements for a videogame outside of gaming, I'm less likely to buy that game than if I hadn't seen the ad at all. It tells me that their budget went towards hype, not the actual game.

I didn't like the ending to Bioshock Infinite, and not because I couldn't understand it. It was just bad.

Indie games have been generally better than AAA titles lately.

I don't need all the lore in the Mortal Kombat games. I just want to punch people

42 minutes ago, TheTurtleMan said:

In my opinion, the old pokemon renders (Ds versions) were best, along with the sprites back then. The 3d looks weird to me. 

I agree with that, sprites have a lot of charm. (plus tbh if the best they can do is the 3d rn then 2d would be better)

47 minutes ago, DryRain said:

(plus tbh if the best they can do is the 3d rn then 2d would be better)

If I can't have 4d renders in the next game I'll riot lol

I am not a gamer but...

Games should have good stories, so that people watching their gamer loved ones game won't get bored 

;) 

Probably my biggest controversial opinion, especially in recent years, is that I think Breath of the Wild is a pretty bad game. :<

Constant weapon breakage and menu diving is cumbersome, the game doesn't really know how difficult it wants to be (mainly so at the beginning; I understand though that most people seem to think that it eases over time... but early on at least, the enemies seem to flip flop between doing scratch damage to you and just killing you in one hit), the story is silly (what the hell are spider robots with laser beams and other Humongous Mecha doing in a Zelda game???), it ditched what I felt was one of the staples of the Zelda series in that there aren't really dungeons anymore in which you collect dungeon items and gradually expand your character's capabilities over the course of the game...

All of that together resulted in a game that I dropped not long after the opening sequence because it was just too grating and unfun to play.  I suspect as a kid I might have tolerated the flaws better, but nowadays as an adult I have very little patience for games that don't grip me right away.

I really like Fallout 4 (...mostly because it was my first Fallout, yeah yeah). But more than that, I like it more than Fallout 3 and New Vegas... because they have terrible graphics and I don't like their UI. I can't play them. I'm too much of a whippersnapper who just doesn't appreciate a good story if it's packaged in sub-par graphics. 

I'm with you on that one, but not for the same reasons.  3/NV just feel clunky to play in comparison to 4.  I ain't much of a graphics whore... I can still be content with playing certain NES games if they're good.

The Outer Worlds does a pretty damn good job at capturing the FO3/NV style of character interaction and skill/attribute conversation checks while still retaining gameplay and graphic quality more reminiscent of FO4, so I'd suggest giving that a try.

RoseGoesToYale

Walking sims are cool.

-runs-

Mario Party 10 has a few really good mini games

- The only reason why Nintendo is still in the video games and console industries is because nostalgia.

Nintendo Switch is a copy to the PSP and PSVita... and the only reason why people are buying it is because it's Nintendo.

- Super Smash Bros shouldn't be chosen as the game of the year (nor Death Stranding).

- Fallot 76 had the worst game release of all times, it's even worse than No Mans Sky's release.

No Mans Sky had only problems with the game itself being buggy (bugs which they fixed for free!) while Fallot 76 not only was buggy but also the bundle products with it were complete garbage (not to mention harmful to the customer).

- Current 3As games should be F2P. They don't deserve the 60$ price tag.

Also I forgot.

- Companies should refund money to the players when their game shuts down and becomes unplayable. I'm talking about the online service (or whatever they are called... I forgot) games.

4 hours ago, SithGrinch said:

Was about to write this... beat me to it 👍

As far as RPG's go, playability, storyline and how it engages the player is more important than the graphics themselves. In a way, this helped me find AVEN in the first place after a lot of time.

I really enjoyed Resident Evil 6. The story and no-mercy mercenaries mode were fun to play co-op 😆

4 hours ago, natsume said:

the loss of Sega systems continues to negatively impact gaming today.

Sega released (insert model here) in the year (insert year here). It did surprisingly well in (insert country here), but failed spectacularly elsewhere.

I mean, they could make a comeback. It ain't impossible.

1 hour ago, Iam9man said:

Toad is better than Yoshi.

This is a lie and an attack at Yoshi's credibility! Yoshi is clearly the superior being! Lol. Yoshi saves Mario, what does Toad do??? "Our princess is in another castle" and! Runs a illegal gambling den in Super Mario Bros. 3

*cracks knuckles* here we go time to anger some fans. (Please remember these are all my opinions)

Ps4 UI is terrible

Borderlands is not a fun game

WoW is boring

RuneScape is a great RPG

The Gamecube controller is one of the BEST

the 3D on 3DS gimic is stupid

Linear castlevania is better than metroidvania 

MegaMan Legends is amazing and needs a third game. 

Metal Gear has one of the best plots in gaming

FarCry games have become crap

Call of Duty bas been dead since Ghosts

C&C Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge is the best. Ever. 

Crazycrazycultist
3 hours ago, Iam9man said:

Toad is better than Yoshi.

To be honest, Toad's more quotable. And, more memeable!

DarkStormyKnight

Not a controversial opinion but I think that "The World Ends With You" is one of the BEST video games in existence and it needs more attention and a proper sequel ASAP.

11 minutes ago, Crazycrazycultist said:

To be honest, Toad's more quotable. And, more memeable!

I have a friend with a theory that any song gets better if you overlap Toad screaming. The theory holds up as far as I'm concerned!

14 hours ago, Crazycrazycultist said:

-The PS Vita was a remarkable handheld console.

It's funny because three of my favorite games of the last five or so years were originally released on the Vita. Then again, the Vita versions are totally obsolete now, so meh.

13 hours ago, SithGrinch said:

Agreed.

11 hours ago, Philip027 said:

Probably my biggest controversial opinion, especially in recent years, is that I think Breath of the Wild is a pretty bad game. :<

Agreed, as a concept it was good but as game it was pretty crap.

10 hours ago, natsume said:

Microsoft is a vastly inferior gaming system developer to Sega and the loss of Sega systems continues to negatively impact gaming today.

Agreed, I miss prime Sega :( 

Final Fantasy VII is the most overrated game in history.

3 hours ago, Arodash said:

This is a lie and an attack at Yoshi's credibility! Yoshi is clearly the superior being! Lol. Yoshi saves Mario, what does Toad do??? "Our princess is in another castle" and! Runs a illegal gambling den in Super Mario Bros. 3

He’s a mushroom. Enough said.

3 hours ago, Arodash said:

The Gamecube controller is one of the BEST

the 3D on 3DS gimic is stupid

🐧👍

1 minute ago, Iam9man said:

He’s a mushroom. Enough said.

Correction: I believe he wears a mushroom hat, but he’ll always be a mushroom to me 🍄

Anthracite_Impreza

This isn't really controversial, I just don't understand the appeal of non-sim games. They're pretty much all I play because I need games I can play 1000+ hours and never do the same thing. Any game which has a finite ending/number of endings makes no sense to me, and any game I can't change things in is boring.

Archived