Research Request: BRACE Study

Jarle

Hi all, 

We received the following from Sonia from the UBC, Canada:

Hi all, 

The UBC Sexual Health Lab is currently conducting a study called BRACE.

BRACE is investigating different aspects of sexuality among individuals who self-identify as asexual, bisexual, gay/lesbian, or heterosexual, although we are currently only recruiting folks who identify as a man.

This world-wide study involves completion of an online self-report questionnaire package at any time convenient for you. Participation in this study will require no more than 40-minutes of your time and you will be compensated for your time.

If you're interested in participating or if you have any questions, you can contact the study coordinator at smilani@psych.ubc.ca

Thanks for your time everyone!

Link to Lab Website: https://brottolab.med.ubc.ca/studies/asexuality/ 

Just as a heads up, a lot of the questions can be sexual in nature. I've completed the study myself and didn't find anything to be triggering or worrying for my mental health, but that isn't to say that the study is suitable for absolutely everyone. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact the researcher through the email above. 

This study has been approved by the Research Approval Board. 

I'd strongly encourage anyone interested - who identifies as male[1] - to take part in this. I visited the lab of Sonia and her supervisor Lori Brotto in person last month and I can highly recommend their work.

[1] We put out an earlier call and got lots of subjects who are female or non-binary, but apparently they are really needing more male participants, hence this call.

Archived