Really wanting to love

Sarah-Sylvia

When I've been looking at couples ( usually lesbian, for me) I just get a pit in my stomach, though also feel quite a bit of good feelings, though like yearning for the type of thing they have. I know that some of them really love each other, I've watched a few 'meeting' videos from people who fell in love but from a long distance, and it just gets my romantic heart going. Ahh, I don't entirely know what to do with the feelings, but I do know I want to allow myself to feel romantic, without feeling so much of the hole or whatever.
I just know it's something that seems to mean quite a bit to me, in my life. I want to find love. Even just friendly love, though more as well. 💕

That Ginger Kid

Dude. I feel this. I definitely don’t want a physical relationship with someone, but I’ve always longed for a romantic partner, someone you can share everything with without shame. Hopefully you find that some day. I wish you the best :)

Thanks. I do want a physical relationship though, for sure. But it's at least a little inspiring that people can meet online, distance doesn't matter as much. Still nice to meet someone near, physically, though I dont know how ready I am for that, can maybe be easier online. dunno. Whatever would work :P

Forking Bullshirt

I really want to love as well - but i'm pretty sure i'm aromantic (or gray-romantic/demiromantic etc). I want to experience romantic love but I know that I just physically can't, and this makes me think of how terrible it would feel to be in a relationship with someone just for the sex. I see couples out and about and i think to myself that I want to be like them- but I know how tiring I find the romantic part of relationships.

I feel like I would have to hide my romantic orientation from people even though I know its wrong and that there are so many people out there who are happily out and happily aromantic (or gray-romantic/demiromantic etc), hiding it would be the natural thing to do for me, and I know how wrong that is.

Furthermore, i cant help but have this feeling that every relationship would just be like a fling-ish thing, even though i know that's probably wrong. 

I guess I just wish that I had a completely romantic romantic orientation and I really hate that i don't; after all I've been taught my whole life that it was totally fine to be gay/bi as long as i was in a relationship and i really wish i wasnt this way-that i was completely romantic-and then i hate myself for thinking that.

tbh overall i just really want to love.

(also sorry for the excessive venting)*

*and also thank you for listening to (reading) my excessive venting

Edit: just realised mine is the legit opposite of everyone elses on this topic lol

36 minutes ago, Forking Bullshirt said:

I really want to love as well - but i'm pretty sure i'm aromantic (or gray-romantic/demiromantic etc). I want to experience romantic love but I know that I just physically can't, and this makes me think of how terrible it would feel to be in a relationship with someone just for the sex. I see couples out and about and i think to myself that I want to be like them- but I know how tiring I find the romantic part of relationships.

I feel like I would have to hide my romantic orientation from people even though I know its wrong and that there are so many people out there who are happily out and happily aromantic (or gray-romantic/demiromantic etc), hiding it would be the natural thing to do for me, and I know how wrong that is.

Furthermore, i cant help but have this feeling that every relationship would just be like a fling-ish thing, even though i know that's probably wrong. 

I guess I just wish that I had a completely romantic romantic orientation and I really hate that i don't; after all I've been taught my whole life that it was totally fine to be gay/bi as long as i was in a relationship and i really wish i wasnt this way-that i was completely romantic-and then i hate myself for thinking that.

tbh overall i just really want to love.

(also sorry for the excessive venting)*

*and also thank you for listening to (reading) my excessive venting

Edit: just realised mine is the legit opposite of everyone elses on this topic lol

Seems fine to me, and it's something you'd like as well. I don't know what kind of love it is in those cases. I think that someone can love another person without having to go too far in whatever you consider romance. To me romance can be simple as well, I mean just hugging someone you care about, and being there for them, that's pretty nice :) I do think cuddling is great as well, and that can be friendly too. But even without physical contact it's possible. Though if it's me, I'll want physical contact at some point, especially if I really like them and they like me back. I want to touch them and feel them, and.. well you get the picture.

Everyone's going to have different ways they connect with love.

1 hour ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

I want to find love. Even just friendly love, though more as well. 💕

Same. *sigh*. Doesn't matter their gender since I am pan, don't mind the long distance, doesn't even matter if the other person has romantic feelings for me or not as long as they want to be with me and I am their best friend.

8 minutes ago, Chihiro said:

as long as they want to be with me and I am their best friend.

That's kinds of sweet :)

RoseGoesToYale

Finding love is basically my only life goal. I've never had a boyfriend (and heaven knows I tried to get one in the past with guys I probably wasn't very compatible with anyway), but it's the same thing, I see couples walking hand in hand down the street, or waiting in line, or snuggling up on a bench somewhere, and my heart screams "I WANT IT!" It kind of sucks, I've been preoccupied with it most of my life. I'm in love with one of my friends, and we're just friends, but I've actually stopped obsessing over the must-have-a-boyfriend part because even just being friends with him makes me happy.

I was pretty lonely as a kid, still kind of am. I wonder if that's why I want it so bad.

Yeah kinda feel the same

I've always been perfectly fine with being single, having thought that sometime in the future i'll have some romantic relationships. I wasn't too fussed because I thought it would happen when it happened. But then realising that I'm asexual put that idea in a bit of jeopardy. Even though obviously it's possible to be in relationship as an asexual, it might just take longer to find, and maybe more effort than I'm putting in atm (which is zero)

But as the saying goes; good things comes to those who wait 

And the other saying; Love is like a fart - if you force it, it's crap

abandoned-account
13 hours ago, Forking Bullshirt said:

I want to experience romantic love but I know that I just physically can't

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that you are physically unable to? Just because you've never "liked" anyone before doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible (I never did until I was like 21 years old).

7 hours ago, aces&eights said:

And the other saying; Love is like a fart - if you force it, it's crap

This... is the best thing I've read all day. XD

• 1 month later...

I think the beautiful thing about realizing I’ve been asexual all this time is that it finally gives me the freedom to say I can be as romantic AF, flaunt my beauty, and be feminine, and none of this means I owe someone sex. It gives me the power to enjoy a fancy dinner with an interesting person and do fun things, and still say no to physical contact. I’m realizing that there is nothing I can do where another person would then be deserving of physical favors or sex. I get to say no, even to the people I love who have sexual desires that I don’t share. Just because I like or love them and they want it never means they deserve it. I think it’s amazing with all these definitions and spectra that I get to put things in my terms. 

I’m very traditional, but in realizing I’m asexual I also realized I never have to have sex again. That is really freeing in an unexpected way.

If you are aromantic then you still get to define what you want in your relationships with other people however you want to define them. 

I’m just so amazed that I finally feel free to do and be whatever I want. The world is our oyster!

DarkStormyKnight

I feel all of this haha, it's so hard sometimes. ❤️ 

I really want a boyfriend so bad omg... it literally hurts. Like the fact that I want it so bad and can't have it, it hurts so much. All I want from life is a romantic relationship that will last till the end... I don't even care if I never have friends, I just want a boyfriend seriously... it's all I want.

Archived