Masturbation And Asexuality?

CactiAndTigers

CactiAndTigers

I Find That I'm Generally Not Attracted To Sex, Nor Any Part Of It ... But I Do Masturbate Sometimes When My Body Puts The Thoughts And Sensations Across! I Try To Get Off ASAP As I Just Kinda Wanna Get It Over With And It's Not Often, Like 1-2 A Month If I'm "Lucky" But The Idea Of Sex And All Things Sexual Does Not Appeal To Me At All ... Does That Still Fall Under Asexual? I'm Kinda Confused About It

• Like 2
Phantasmal Fingers
22 minutes ago, CactiAndTigers said:

Does That Still Fall Under Asexual? I'm Kinda Confused About It

It does, I think. But there are no hard and fast rules on this subject.ย ๐Ÿคญ

27 minutes ago, CactiAndTigers said:

The Idea Of Sex And All Things Sexual Does Not Appeal To Me At All

^That pretty much falls into "asexuality", but it's entirely up to you to define who you are. As for masturbation & frequency, it varies for sexuals and asexuals, alike.

• Like 2
Pinball Wizard

Yes, you are still an ace even if you masturbate. I think being ace isย "do you have a sexual desire towards another person?", and self-pleasure doesn't really apply there (no matter what stimulates you). I think anyway.......

ย 

• Like 1

You can be asexual and masturbate. We're not responsible for our biology after all. Actions don't determine our orientation, only our thoughts and feelings do. If you're not sexually attracted to anyone, then you're asexual.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, CactiAndTigers said:

I Find That I'm Generally Not Attracted To Sex, Nor Any Part Of It ... But I Do Masturbate Sometimes When My Body Puts The Thoughts And Sensations Across! I Try To Get Off ASAP As I Just Kinda Wanna Get It Over With And It's Not Often, Like 1-2 A Month If I'm "Lucky" But The Idea Of Sex And All Things Sexual Does Not Appeal To Me At All ... Does That Still Fall Under Asexual? I'm Kinda Confused About It

Depends, from my understanding, asexuality refers to... well, sexuality. That refers to the arousal, sexually, from one of the sexes. If you have sexual feelings, but you're not attracted to either male or female, you're still asexual. I don't think being unattracted to the concept of sex makes one asexual, personally. But, it shouldn't matter what box you honestly fit in. Just be you. You come off as asexual, in which case, you are.

That Ginger Kid

Iโ€™d definitely consider this to be part of asexuality. Not all asexuals have low or no sex drive, but we all share a lack of sexual attraction (or, for many, sexual attraction under certain circumstances only). Youโ€™re still human and your body still sends out chemical signals that tell you to act in a certain way. If you feel the need to masturbate but have little to no interest in sex, sounds like youโ€™re part of the ace club! Welcome! However, you ultimately get to choose what label (if any) suits you best, so maybe explore around a little bit. Get to know some different identities if asexual doesnโ€™t seem to fit too well. Either way, as long as youโ€™re pleasant, the people on here seem pretty accepting of people of any type, so youโ€™re more than welcome to stick around if you find youโ€™re not aceย :)

yup! I can relate with this!ย 

I believe theย term for this category of asexuality isย "Autochorisexual". Here's what Wikia says:ย 

ย 

"Autochorissexuals are known to:

-Get aroused by sexual content but not actually want to engage in any sexual activities

-Masturbate, but are neutral or repulsed by the idea of having sex with another person.

-Fantasize about sex, but envision people other than themselves, and/or view it in third person, as though they're watching it on TV, rather than imagining it in first person, through their own eyes.

-Predominantly or entirely fantasize about fictional characters or celebrities, rather than people in real life they know.

-Identify as asexual and feel no sexual attraction to people, but enjoy masturbating, are aroused by sexually explicit content, and/or have sexual fantasies."

ย 

ย 

Janus the Fox

Masturbation ability means little to nothing about the sexuality to me. ย Iโ€™m so much detached to it itโ€™s just biology reactions in the absence of anything in the mind.

๐Ÿš“๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ

Oh the libido question again. eek.