draxiskool

Asexuals that like breast. Do you consider breast to be sexual?

draxiskool

I think I'm Ace for the most part but find myself drawn to breast. I don't mean to be explicit but I like touching them and playing and sucking on my partners nipples this of course arouses my partner and then she wants me to finish. About 98% of the time the reason why I play with her breast it's because I like them not because I'm trying to get her off. As a matter of fact I never want to get her off because I don't enjoy touching genitalia it causes me emotional distress and when I'm playing with her breast sexual thoughts are not going through my mind I just enjoy the sensation. I know I probably sound like a jerk but does anyone else experience this? Where you just enjoy the sensation? Am I not fully asexual?

This is the one issue that continuously stops me from being comfortable with identifying as full Ace and leaves me confused all the time. I know breast are not necessarily always sexual but the media sexuallizes them. Does anyone else just see them as a body part they like to touch?

Rosendust
Spoiler

Personally, I feel as if breasts are just a body part that I sometimes like to touch for sensory desires(and if you are female aligned, it serves a purpose by giving milk\lactation) 

Ortac

I don't think that this should be an issue which stops you from being comfortable identifying as full ace. Like you say, it is the media and society generally which sexualizes breasts, but if you don't personally, then you shouldn't worry about what the media or anyone else thinks. 

I don't and never have considered breasts to have anything sexual about them either. To me, they are just a body part like any other. Suppose it wasn't your partner's breasts that you enjoyed touching, but instead you liked massaging her back? Would the question of whether that constituted something sexual even come into your mind or anyone else's mind? I would guess it would be much less likely.

Albine

I can relate to this (background history) I am a male that always wanted to have breasts so yes they were  sexual for me, I felt cheated not having them from I guess early Teen,  When I got older I started wearing breast forms and continued wearing them increasing the time I would wear them. I then starting wearing them out and about long story short i decided I wanted my own set and searched for surgeons that would perform breast augmentation on me. It took awhile however I was able to find a few that would do the procedure. I ended up having the procedure done and I am the owner of rather fairly noticeable set of boobs.  To say it was not sexual would not be truthful, though at first it was all about adjustment and them healing took a long while for both to happen. Later once I become more comfortable with them, It seems to be that while I still luv them the actual sexual part is certainly not nearly as strong as it was prior or leading up to the procedure 

Sarah-Sylvia

I think I mentioned something close to this, but someone can like or even find something sensual, but it doesn't make it sexual.

If someone likes the texture of something and likes to rub it, does it make sexual? Nah. And being connected to a human being makes it more special.
I like breasts, and it doesn't have to be sexual. But what I like the most is likely the body and person it's connected to :) Making them feel good can be nice, though  just like someone can enjoy being rubbed or massaged, even if it's a sensitive part it doesn't have to be sexual, especially in affection with a partner.

Anyway, everyone's going to feel differently about it :)

• Like 2

HikaruBG

Hmm.... While it is true that there is nothing inherently sexual about breasts themselves, it's rather difficult to adopt this mentality because of what society is saying, or more specifically, how people tend to be hyper-focused on them.

I personally have rather mixed attitude when it comes to looking at them.... but the prospect of touching them has always been the same - No. Not even with my index finger.

It's just that, a hypothetical situation like that, would feel rather akward (at best) and/or emotionally charged (at worst), I'd rather avoid it entirely so that I don't feel uncomfortable.

Moderne Jazzhanden
Spoiler

Personally I like a bit of breast with cranberry sauce. Also a bit of leg, come to that... 🤭

• Like 1

draxiskool

After some thinking I think I lean very much towards just full asexual. I've noticed that the reasons why I participate in sexual activity don't really have to do with the thought of sex. Thank you everyone who replied

œddy
12 hours ago, HikaruBG said:

Hmm.... While it is true that there is nothing inherently sexual about breasts themselves

They are a secondary sexual characteristic so I find that hard to believe. There is a reason society is obsessed with them and from my early teens it was nothing to do with society that had my gaze annoyingly fixated on them.

HikaruBG
On 12/4/2019 at 12:00 PM, œddy said:

They are a secondary sexual characteristic so I find that hard to believe. There is a reason society is obsessed with them and from my early teens it was nothing to do with society that had my gaze annoyingly fixated on them.

Well, it was already said that breasts' purpose is to produce milk. That, in no way, is inherently sexual. 

That being said, the real reason why society is heavily fixated/focused on and sexualizing them is because it's one of the physical traits that people use to judge whatever or not this woman will be a good partner. And this is why they are on a such location on the human body... so that they can attract the attention of others.

I have seen this is been said on the scientific channels (like National Geographic) but they used jargon language and comparisons with how other primates judge potential partners.

And yeah, I agree.

It can get very ridiculous, especially when companies start using it as a marketing tool, how some artists are drawing them and how the PC itself trying to police it all.

œddy

I didn't say they didn't have a purpose other than sexual attraction, but cis-het men are coded to be attracted to them

AceMissBehaving

I don't think they are inherently sexual, but I do know for me as someone with a pair, that someone touching them feels sexual to me, and is something that crosses the line between “closeness I enjoy” and “closeness that’s too sexual”.

• Like 1

Darth Plagueis the Wise

I don’t think that I’m the targeted group being asked about this, but I’ll give a few of my thoughts here. I’m generally neutral to that itself and more find the way that people act about them to be off putting and strange. I avoid looking at them and find it weird hearing other guys discuss breasts..

TheTurtleMan

I've definitely always been told that breasts are sexual in one way or another. I now have moved away from breast themselves as sexual, as they are just there for the babbies. I definitely like them aesthetically though, and that's not sexual. I love curves and breasts just are naturally curvy so I am drawn to them for that reason.

Philip027

From what I've seen, they usually evoke a sexual response when stimulated (that and the fact they obviously hold visual sexual appeal to many people sexually attracted to the female sex), so it's kind of hard for me to not see them as sexual objects, at least under the appropriate contexts.

Sarah-Sylvia

I forgot to say that for me they can be all the ways that they're beautiful in their own right.

1) As nurturing new life (babies)
2) Aesthetically beautiful (curves, part of a woman, and more)
3) Sensually pleasing (Both to the touch, as well as being touched, having more sensitive nerves, etc)
4) Sexually compatible (Can add a lot to sexuality, not having to only go for genitalia for expressing or receiving sexual acts or feelings)

I connect more to them being beautiful (aesthetically) and the sensuality than sexuality by default, but they can definitely have all those roles, and probably more. It depends what zone you're in or how you relate to them. I definitely think they didn't have to carry as much sexual attention than they have, but we know how society is. I would've thought more asexuals didn't seem them as sexual, but I guess everyone's still affected by certain views. Oh well.

henshin

I know this isn't what the topic is about but holy fuck when you use the word breast, singular, all I can think about is breast feeding.

Put an s on the end pal!

œddy
7 hours ago, henshin said:

I know this isn't what the topic is about but holy fuck when you use the word breast, singular, all I can think about is breast feeding.

Put an s on the end pal!

I think of chicken or turkey myself

🚓💨💨

You can appreciate beauty without wanting to fuck it.