Does anyone on here use the term quoisexual?

DogObsessedLi

DogObsessedLi

I am wondering if anyone else uses the term quoisexual? I ask this because I've been trying all different labels to see if they fit my experience (and so explain my experience). I know I'm at least in the grey-A area, that it's more than your average aesthetic attraction, but at the same time, it's actually hard to explain my experience. I like sex physiologically, but often it's like "sexual attraction in theory only", like in practice I'm not particularly that interested- I just want to get it "done". I know I am romance repulsed that can have a big impact if romance is mixed in with it, but I'm often left scratching my head about it because I obviously don't think like other people who are allosexual. Does any of this make sense? If I've posted in the wrong area I'm sorry!

@DogObsessedLianne, this is the right forum 🎂 🎂

So far as quoisexual goes, this is a very unusual term, so whilst maybe a few identify as such, or use the label, don't panic if you're not innundated with like-minded folk 

Maybe some people will refer as "questionning" instead of chosing the label quoisexual?

DogObsessedLi
14 hours ago, Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) said:

Cute dog :)

Thanks! He's my life!

I had to look it up... READ ME in this very subforum

I immediately felt like I could relate to the definition myself actually, but then I also found a lot of other labels that would fit sometime, somehow, with some people in some moods... I find it hard to apply a certain lable to myself since I'm not very cemented but rather like to think and urge myself to feel in ever new ways.

Well, the wording "trouble distinguishing between sexual and other types of attraction" implies that some attraction, once it exists, is a predefined form of attraction that cannot be converted by the person experiencing it. But I've found that any of my attractions are multiplex and I assume that I could choose to experience them or focus on them from different angles with a little awareness. So, alter that distinguishing-stuff into something like: "having trouble choosing a prefered type of attracttion", or, even better for me: "having trouble to nuance quantification of different types of attraction", since it's either "on" or "off" for me, which gives the confusion (as in: how come I have sexual thoughts about that person, when I just find him platonically attractive?), instead of "more" or "less" (as in: "I find him attractive, there is, as always, a small sexual component, but the big hit seems to be the platonic aspect here).

The cool thing about AVEN is that we can learn as we write. :D I had no idea of any of this 20 minutes ago, and now I'm dead certain I know how I work.

Archived