If Thanos Snapped During a Zombie Apocalypse...

Duke Memphis

What would happen to all the zombies? Defining the zombies as the standard bite-you-and-you-turn type that require enough damage to the brain to stay down, would any zombies be affected by the snap?

Half of them would be turned to dust...

Thanos snap doesn't technically kill the target but rather erase from history, which is why they turn into dust. So, in theory, if he snapped against a horde of zombies then a lot of them will just be erased from history and turned into dust just like with anything else.

Ms. Carolynne
8 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

They'd turn into catgirls? :P 

I feel like a zombie sometimes, can I be Thanos snapped into a catgirl?

What's with the whole catgirl thing?

On 11/29/2019 at 8:56 PM, Jusey1 said:

Half of them would be turned to dust...

Thanos snap doesn't technically kill the target but rather erase from history, which is why they turn into dust. So, in theory, if he snapped against a horde of zombies then a lot of them will just be erased from history and turned into dust just like with anything else.

But they were not erased from history, people remembered.

Zombies are a good question, I think it depends on the "technology" used to make zombies.  I suspect thought that the snap destroyed 1/2 of all sentients, so depends on whether Zombies count

1 hour ago, Jade Cross said:

We're nekomimi fans?

What's that?

4 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Look at @Phoenix the IIs avatar. Its basically a human with animal features (cat ears and tail)

Okay, thanks. That's a good explanation.

11 hours ago, uhtred said:

I suspect thought that the snap destroyed 1/2 of all sentients, so depends on whether Zombies count

That's kind of what I think. Are zombies alive enough to be affected? Were they dead and then undead?

It really depends, if Thanos's goal is to only reduce their popular down to 50%. Otherwise, he could just snap them all out from existence anyway as the Infinity Gauntlet does allow this.

Also fun fact: there is an universe within Marvel (Marvel has a multiverse) where everyone on Earth, including the superheroes, were turned into zombie. And well, that didn't end well for Thanos as in that universe, (warning: picture is somewhat graphical) Zombie Hulk clapped Thanos so hard, his head exploded.

19 hours ago, HikaruBG said:

Also fun fact: there is an universe within Marvel (Marvel has a multiverse) where everyone on Earth, including the superheroes, were turned into zombie. And well, that didn't end well for Thanos as in that universe, (warning: picture is somewhat graphical) Zombie Hulk clapped Thanos so hard, his head exploded.

So that's a scenario where Thanos either unsuccessfully snaps or doesn't snap at all, I assume. Awesome picture, by the way.

1 hour ago, Caffeinated Disco said:

So that's a scenario where Thanos either unsuccessfully snaps or doesn't snap at all, I assume. Awesome picture, by the way.

It really depends against what he is up against. Regular zombies wouldn't be a problem but zombified superheroes might impose so problem.

The Zombie AU within Marvel is Earth-2149 and it is canon.

I thought about this. What you're actually misunderstanding is the power he is exerting. He cuts the population of the universe in half, yes, but that is only because that is precisely what he wants to do because that creates his version of perfect harmony and order. Following this logic and his own statements he desires order and believes reducing population achieves this. Zombies unequivocally disrupt order. Thanos snapping would thus turn all the zombies into dust.

Sit on a bridge over the I-405 at 6pm. You'll see plenty of zombies. 

19 hours ago, natsume said:

I thought about this. What you're actually misunderstanding is the power he is exerting. He cuts the population of the universe in half, yes, but that is only because that is precisely what he wants to do because that creates his version of perfect harmony and order. Following this logic and his own statements he desires order and believes reducing population achieves this. Zombies unequivocally disrupt order. Thanos snapping would thus turn all the zombies into dust.

Thanos said that his snap would erase indiscriminately and randomly, and it ended up causing collateral death from the disappearance of multiple pilots, drivers, surgeons, obstetricians, gym spotters, and other people tasked with helping others survive. The cops, guards, and leaders who disappeared would cause a lack of order.

Archived