My greysexuality and my sex drive amount to a number > 1

slayeret_ramon

slayeret_ramon

I am grey-sexual (sexual attraction only in limited/small number of circumstances), but my sex drive is so massive I feel like it compensates and even overshoots what society considers to be "normal" level of sexual relationship. Would I belong in ace spaces or I would just be a sexual ally? 

Sometimes it also goes like this:

Body: I have sex drive want to sex

Brain: As of now, I am not sexually attracted to anyone.

Body: syntax error

Brain: syntax error; expected ";" after endl

I've moved this thread from "Questions about Asexuality" to "The Gray Area, Sex and Related Discussions".

Michael Tannock,
Open Mic moderator and Questions about Asexuality Co-moderator.

Depending on how you feel about your sexual attractions (or lack thereof), you may just be asexual with a sex drive :P
But if it's possible to be attracted, then maybe you can do something, dunno.
There was a time I felt like that, but thinking back on it, I may have been ignoring a few things about my attractions, even if they weren't sexual, and well, I guess I wasn't sure what to do with my sex drive either, but by exploring you might find ways that it can connect to something. Maybe there's ways for it to subside too.

Edit: Sorry, I guess your question was about where you fit in... which I guess would be greysexuality (or, the gray area) :P

Janus the Fox

Both to me, its a grey area, despite the bodies and mindss syntax errors.  Mines more of a mind and body Runtime error :P

On 11/29/2019 at 9:03 PM, slayeret_ramon said:

I am grey-sexual (sexual attraction only in limited/small number of circumstances), but my sex drive is so massive I feel like it compensates and even overshoots what society considers to be "normal" level of sexual relationship. Would I belong in ace spaces or I would just be a sexual ally? 

Sometimes it also goes like this:

Body: I have sex drive want to sex

Brain: As of now, I am not sexually attracted to anyone.

Body: syntax error

Brain: syntax error; expected ";" after endl

So relate to this!

In my case I never experience sexual attraction, but I do have a sex drive, so I ID as asexual. Whilst I can’t tell you how to identify, experiencing sexual attraction very infrequently does align with the definition of grey-sexual.

If it helps, my sex drive is also rather high so I also feel it compensates for my asexuality (and so do my other forms of attraction; e.g. romantic). The way I see it, I still meet the definition of asexual so that’s the right term for me although I do add sex-favourable as a qualifier.

I do think that it'd be interesting to have a term for both types of asexuals, the ones that have sexual desire and those that don't. Well, I guess I have to ask, do some of you see it as just sex drive, or is there actual sexual desire for something (but just no one attracted to for it)?

CelesteAdAstra

I'm the opposite, I sometimes experience feelings that are not yet sexual attraction but maybe something that could best be described as such for the lack of a better word, albeit very weak. A pseudo-sexual attraction that only exists in my mind, emotionally. I never have any kind of sex drive, though. The physical part of it escapes me completely.

Archived