Hypothesis For Life

Kasseb

So, to begin, I believe life is determined, I follow the principles of determinism. I think our inherent goal in life is to keep life going. I had this while I was high and it seems to make some sense, so I wanted to get people's point of view on this philosophical concept.

What is there is an essence like dark energy or dark matter that permeates out universe, but life is not what we think. Life as we know it is an evolved form of basic consciousness. Basic consciousness is an energy that floats through the world and it involved to survive, and thus all life tried to reproduce, that I know of, to keep life going. Basically, we're all interconnected to whatever makes us "self-aware". 

Does this make sense or just the ramblings of a week smoker? :) I can take criticism. 

You're referring to collective consciousness. Which is just a nice way to say humans brains and personalities have very little deviation to the point that a sample size of 100 is usually sufficient to know how, say, the entire US thinks.

Dark matter is actually quite fascinating, but may not be real. It's a place holder to explain our understanding of physics which simply doesn't hold up without a huge unknown variable (dark matter) to compensate.

Well, it's a hard subject, I find, but it's fascinating to think about too..

Personal consciousness is something to contemplate on. It's definitely very significant, and as humans we're really capable of being aware as a single person, each of us unique conscious beings able to think and feel for ourselves. I think it has a lot of meaning.

Is all life conscious? Life itself? Or is it just that conscious life can form or inhabit biological creatures? Can life even be lived without consciousness? Is the evolution of conscious life part of what's determined? Life wanting to live and experience life, maybe?

Just things to wonder about, I guess :P

I don't believe in determinism. I believe people have free will and can choose where their paths lead. There is nothing that forces me to make a decision, there is only my past influencing my decision for good or for bad. 

I think you're also making life into a much larger thing that it is. I don't think much about life. Chemicals came together and over billions of years produced things able to reproduce, grow, change, and eventually what we are today. Life continues because that's it's purpose, but not because of dark energy or an unseen being. There is no collective unconscious pushing us to continue. 

On 11/28/2019 at 6:33 PM, SithGrinch said:

I don't believe in determinism. I believe people have free will and can choose where their paths lead. There is nothing that forces me to make a decision, there is only my past influencing my decision for good or for bad. 

I think you're also making life into a much larger thing that it is. I don't think much about life. Chemicals came together and over billions of years produced things able to reproduce, grow, change, and eventually what we are today. Life continues because that's it's purpose, but not because of dark energy or an unseen being. There is no collective unconscious pushing us to continue. 

Would you disagree that your thoughts are pre-determined based on factors all involved?

Well, to be fair, I think life has an inherent purpose: to continue. 

Archived