Queer Friendly Dating Apps: Lex

zzkitty42

Hey guys! I recently read an article about a queer dating app called Lex and I was wondering if anyone else has heard of it or used it? 

I was really happy when I read the description which included that it was for "lesbian, bisexual, asexual, and queer people..."

It sounds like it's in the style of personal ads, basically just short descriptions of yourself, and it has less of a focus on swiping or pictures as other sites, which really appeals to me. I guess I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the app (good or bad) that they would like to share, granted the app is still very new.

You can read more about it here: https://www.vogue.com/article/lex-queer-dating-app

I just found out about it today while looking through suggested apps that might be similar to ACEapp. The format looked neat, I think I might give it a try. 

• 2 weeks later...

I joined this app yesterday. I like that it's less image based. I've had a few people message me and have made small conversations (I'm super socially awkward so it might sound like nothing but for me it's a pretty big deal) You can search the ads based on keywords too which is cool. There are quite a few I've seen looking for friendships not just sex. 

12 hours ago, Rune_Weaver said:

I joined this app yesterday. I like that it's less image based. I've had a few people message me and have made small conversations (I'm super socially awkward so it might sound like nothing but for me it's a pretty big deal) You can search the ads based on keywords too which is cool. There are quite a few I've seen looking for friendships not just sex. 

That's super cool! I currently have a boyfriend so I don't think I'll get it yet, but I'm thinking of joining maybe once I go off to college (if we break up, which I hope we won't but it would be long distance which would be hard). Either way, it looks like an interesting app. 

@zzkitty42

This is so exciting, I kept wondering if I could use a dating site/app again but now knowing more about myself and how a lot of people act on them I wasn't too thrilled with the idea. Especially since I live in a small area with anything big being at least 30-45mins away with no idea where to even start. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 9:29 AM, Rune_Weaver said:

I'm curious now to try this too -- thinking back, my closest relationships have all been built up from text first. I think when I'm just browsing through a huge stream of pictures I tend to make snap judgments that aren't terribly helpful.

I downloaded it right before break but haven't posted or responded to anything yet. Unfortunately, I have read elsewhere that asexual cis men aren't welcome.

On 12/25/2019 at 6:51 PM, KoiFishShoes said:

I downloaded it right before break but haven't posted or responded to anything yet. Unfortunately, I have read elsewhere that asexual cis men aren't welcome.

I would be very disappointed if that was the case! I get that they want to be more inclusive of the queer community and aren't looking for people who are both cis and straight to join, but in my mind asexual people aren't exactly straight (as in we aren't heterosexual, and not all are even hetero-romantic).

Archived