polarbearicecream

You can have QPR and be aroace. Having a squish on someone doesn't mean that you are in love with them. You could also be ace flux or aro flux. Consider all possibilities. Good luck my friend. 

I think romance doesn't have to be coded, but there's a certain mystique that's attractive because when you love someone, and are loved, you want to come to get to know the person better and deeper, so that you can answer their feelings, and provide things they like or enjoy (well, that's meaningful to them), things that make them feel loved and cared for. What you call codes are maybe just hints used so that someone doesn't have to directly say 'I'd like this, or this would would feel good, or I'm into this vibe', since having to say to someone what you'd like isn't 'as' romantic, for a few reasons. Connecting with someone deeper or knowing their heart more means that you're more attuned to who they are and how they feel, and can make someone feel like you care and they don't even have to ask to receive love catered to them. When feeling understood, including on deeper levels,, and that someone cares, it feels really good. And it heightens the depth of the relationship, and closeness.

Just wanted to say my take on why there's that for romance, because I'm actually quite romantic now... I think? And to me it bridges into sensuality. Cuddling, to me, is something nice and affectionate that can be shared with someone, and to me it does easily connect with romance, especially since a relationship can deepen.

I don't quite see the line between alterous and romantic, as it seems to be more of a range. If there's emotional closeness, then it can be romantic. At what point is it 'too much' closeness? (And what if it's someone you come to care about?)

I would say for me that sex is uncomfortable to me on its own, but if I'm with someone that I feel close to, and I like affection, it can be sensual sometimes, and then genitals are just a part of the body, so in that sense it's just a range again. For me it would be a bit uncomfortable if it becomes repetitive and only about that, especially if the love and affection isn't there enough.
Anyway, I'm just curious what people think about the range, and what makes someone say they're aromantic. It's hard to say whether I should consider myself asexual or not, but I'm definitely not aromantic :D

Janus the Fox

Alterous and diagnosed Autistic is me probably, Aroace and in a gay relationship.  Not so much else to that for me.

Archived