Romantic Orientation confusion...again

theatrenerd

Okay so I've been identifying as aromantic for I think 9 months now and have been pretty sure with it. But recently I've been questioning again. So Frozen 2 just came out and I've been thinking I might have a crush on Anna. I've never had a crush in my life (I'm 16, almost 17) so I don't know what it feels like. The thing is, it just could be aesthetic attraction because I think she's absolutely gorgeous and if she was actually real I'm not sure if I would actually want to date her or not. I keep on telling myself that I am probably just making it up in my head and I am really confused. I'm not even sure what I'm asking for in the responses, I just wanted to get it off my chest

I Identify as Aromantic, and there are characters who I think are just so cool and I get so exited when I think about them. But I would not want to kiss them or anything, The Idea of kissing them just sounds gross. I can think they are really cool/good looking but that does not mean I would want to be in a relationship with them (I don't want to be in a relationship with anyone) Hope this helps :3 and good luck

49 minutes ago, Sora Lawlight said:

I Identify as Aromantic, and there are characters who I think are just so cool and I get so exited when I think about them. But I would not want to kiss them or anything, The Idea of kissing them just sounds gross. I can think they are really cool/good looking but that does not mean I would want to be in a relationship with them (I don't want to be in a relationship with anyone) Hope this helps :3 and good luck

That sounds like what maybe I am experiencing. Thank you so much!

Anthracite_Impreza

Whether you'd date or even be remotely interested in romance with someone isn't really a good indicator of whether you're crushing on them. Plenty who experience crushes have some, even most, who they have no actual romantic desires for.

I see crushes as basically just limerence - the excessively obsessive, blushing, self conscious, awkward feelings you get around your crush, regardless of their suitability or your interest (or lack thereof) in a relationship. Do you feel anything like that?

Archived