• Yes
    • No?
  8. 8. Tea?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. Coffee?

• Yes
    • No
  10. 10. Are you now - or have you ever been - a drug addict?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

everywhere and nowhere

I drink lots of tea. Have tried a little bit of coffee a few times and decided than I simply dislike the flavour.

I have never tried tobacco. Have tried alcohol, but in sub-psychoactive doses - I have never been drunk, I feel a lot of disdain for alcohol.

As for other psychoactives, I'm exclusively interested in those on the psychedelic side. I have tried cannabis, and as for stronger psychedelics, I have tried nitrous oxide (although in medical situations only), magic mushrooms, LSD and mescaline (San Pedro cactus). The only other drug I have tried was ether, way back when I was 14 years old.

Generally, my drug use is untypical insofar as I have experienced an intense psychedelic fascination since I was 12 years old, but have first tried a psychedelic drug at the age of 30, exactly 18 years and 10 days after "these words that produce visions" - the moment which sparked my fascination. Now I don't really feel like doing it, haven't tried anything for a longer while, but I will continue defending the basic notion that psychedelic experiences are not cognitively worthless. This is a part of my life which can never be removed - I once wrote in my diary that "if the psychedelic thread was ripped out of my life, only sorrowful shreds of cloth would have remained".

At times I have felt that coming out to a potential partner as a psychonaut would be much harder than coming out as asexual. And really, a true psychedelic union of minds, with an intimately trusted woman, is something I still haven't had an opportunity to achieve.

Phantasmal Fingers

Yes, indeed @Nowhere Girl!

I really enjoyed Mexican 'shrooms as well as what I' ve mentioned in the poll. 

Never been around any of these except CBD infused teas to see if it'll treat my neuropathy (it did nothing by the way).

But I did help bust cigarette and vaping use in my high school.

Just booze, coffee, and tea in my case.

BUT I am curious to hear more from the 4 people who have tried LSD.  I'm intrigued.

Janus the Fox

None except tea, coffee and alcohol.  Not able to these days for health reasons.

Phantasmal Fingers
18 hours ago, bare_trees said:

I'm intrigued.

It was amazing. The only thing I've experienced that was better was mystical experience. And this, for me, would've been one if mystical experience itself hadn't supervened.

Some people either don't like it or don't get much off it though. 😲 Strange how drugs have differing effects on different people. 

Whore*of*Mensa

@Nowhere Girl and @Moderne Jazzhanden I read a lot of stuff not long ago about research into using psychedelics to treat depression, might have all stemmed from the same study at ICL:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/magic-mushroom-depression-psychedelic-drug-mental-health-antidepressant-big-pharma-imperial-lsd-dmt-a8929796.html

Humans have always used substances to change their consciousness, that's for sure, and psychedelics have been part of many religious ceremonies and customs.

I'd like to experiment with using drugs in this way - for my mental health - as in the past I've used them more because of the company I've been in, and this has become associated with negative situations and emotions. 

Phantasmal Fingers

If you've not already read it, @Whore*of*Mensa, I highly recommend 'LSD Doorway to the Numinous' by Grof.

I would also recommend googling 'holotropic breathwork'. 😁

Whore*of*Mensa
14 minutes ago, Moderne Jazzhanden said:

If you've not already read it, @Whore*of*Mensa, I highly recommend 'LSD Doorway to the Numinous' by Grof.

I would also recommend googling 'holotropic breathwork'. 😁

Well I've never heard of that before! Have you ever tried this?

(thanks for the book recommendation too, will look for this)

Phantasmal Fingers
On 11/27/2019 at 7:32 PM, Whore*of*Mensa said:

Well I've never heard of that before! Have you ever tried this?

No, because I've done acid. But apparently it does work. 🙂 It appears you need to be in a group though. 

I have done tea, coffee, cannabis, alcohol, and tobacco.  I now only partake in tea, which I have upwards of a dozen cups a day.

Phantasmal Fingers
17 hours ago, Sam M said:

I now only partake in tea, which I have upwards of a dozen cups a day.

You are a teahead and a junkie, Sir! 😮 😆

Twisted Tempest

While I haven't even tried any illicit drugs of any kind, I have a very severe caffeine addiction. I get very bad withdrawal to the point where I get crippling headaches, and my body will jitter uncontrollably, among other things. That said I have put yes as being an addict. :unsure:

yikes... frankly a bit humiliating, but i do struggle with addiction. never considered tea or coffee before, but my body basically runs on substances, including caffeine and others. 

The only one that’s complicated for me is Cannabis, as I’ve used CBD, but have yet to try anything with THC In it. Honestly, I’m curious about it, though I’d rather try the stuff legally if I have the chance anytime soon.

Other than that, I’ve done tea, coffee, and alcohol. Caffeine doesn’t really help me, as I just get jittery and anxious without really feeling any more awake than before, and since I’m easily impacted by the stuff, I usually just drink herbal tea and save the coffee for rare occasions. Alcohol, I only drink rarely, as I’m a lightweight and a bit of a tactile drunk, so while that usually means I just start playing with my facial hair a lot, I do get very platonically affectionate with certain friends if they’re around. So yeah, I prefer to drink in the privacy of my own home with friends who know me and are comfortable with my affection. (Honestly, I just end up giving a lot of massages and maybe put someone’s arm around me while I lean into them, so some folks actually want me to get tactile haha.)

J. van Deijck

I drink coffee regularly, alcohol occasionally and I used to take opioids, but only for medical purposes. I never smoked weed myself, but I'm quite frequent guest of the places where other people do, so I definitely smell it.

fooledbysecrecy

no drugs, never smoked anything, alcohol very rarely, tea occasionally, coffee every day. (i answered no to drug addict question but i sure am addicted to caffeine does that count?)

I would be a tea addict if not for my upset stomach. This also limits my coffee and alcool uptake.

Other than that I have tried a few illegal things during my 20s. The only thing that I regret not trying back then is psychedelic mushrooms... but I have never found the right place, circumstances and people to go for a safe trip.

Phantasmal Fingers
10 hours ago, fooledbysecrecy said:

no drugs, never smoked anything, alcohol very rarely, tea occasionally, coffee every day. (i answered no to drug addict question but i sure am addicted to caffeine does that count?)

Yes, that counts! 😮

You are a drug addict! 😱

Phantasmal Fingers
1 hour ago, Saphoune said:

I would be a tea addict if not for my upset stomach. This also limits my coffee and alcool uptake.

Other than that I have tried a few illegal things during my 20s. The only thing that I regret not trying back then is psychedelic mushrooms... but I have never found the right place, circumstances and people to go for a safe trip.

Shame! 'shrooms are great! 😃 😎

I answered yes to the addict part since Yes, I'm addicted to caffeine, which is drug. I have at least one cup of coffee in the morning and maybe more later in the day if I need a boost. Also just had a cup of throat tea (helps soothe a sore throat) although I don't think it has too much or any caffeine in it since it's herbal. But I do love a good Earl Gray/ Lady Grey tea.

I try not to drink alcohol too much, even if I want to, since I'm sure based on family history that it'd be easy to become an alcoholic for me.

• 2 weeks later...

no to the top 4. yes to the next 4. and I guess it depends on what people call a drug and an addict

dragonfire42

I've tried a sip or two of several alcoholic beverages and used to be Catholic, so would have a sip of wine at communion, but I've never had more than literally two swallows at a time, certainly never enough to get drunk. I hate the taste of most alcoholic beverages, plus now I'm on medications where more than a couple sips of alcohol will put me in the ER.

Roasted, freshly ground coffee beans smell delicious, but I can't stand the taste of brewed coffee. I do, however, like a nice cup of tea sometimes, and also drink a lot of iced tea.

I haven't taken any of the others (except for secondhand smoke for both tobacco and marijuana), though I admit that if someone offered me some LSD I would quite possibly take it because I would probably think it was fun/cool and I wouldn't be hurting anyone but myself. What I really want to try, though, is "magic mushrooms." If I recall correctly, they're a bit safer than LSD.

Voted that I am a drug addict because I'm addicted to caffeine, which is technically a drug. I get a headache and get irritable if I go long enough without it.

Phantasmal Fingers
Just now, dragonfire42 said:

What I really want to try, though, is "magic mushrooms." If I recall correctly, they're a bit safer than LSD.

Yes, I would definitely try them first. Acid is something to build up to. 

• 5 months later...
Phantasmal Fingers

*bump*

I've started using marijuana too since my first post on this thread.

Phantasmal Fingers
14 hours ago, Gloomy said:

I've started using marijuana too since my first post on this thread.

And how are you finding it? 

QuasiSquirrel

I ticked yes to acid even though in reality I've only tried shrooms, but they're the closest thing to it in the poll. Other than that; canna, alco, coffee, tea, tobacco (shisha). Never been addicted to any of them. Have been addicted to video gaming.

Archived