1st Ever Asexual Person in Paper Magazine!

yazybee

Hi everyone!

I'm so proud to announce that I'm the first ever openly asexual person in Paper Magazine! It's a great step for asexual visibility, and more progress is coming!

Check out my interview, pictorial, and spread the word! 

https://www.papermag.com/yasmin-benoit-asexual-model-2641410290.html?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

Thanks again for your support!

- Yasmin Benoit (@theyasminbenoit)

Congratulations! I think this is great representation since it confronts the assumptions and stereotypes.

BlakeTheNightowl~

Congratss finally some representation this is awesome !!(: 👏👏😁😁 break the stereotypes of us aces !! 

It's a great article; we need more like this.

FriendlyNeighborhoodPenny

You go!  Great job.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much! I recently have been watching more shows with LGBT+ characters, and the more I get into that, the more I'm hurt by the lack of asexual visibility in these outlets (by "lack of" I mean none). I pretty much have locked myself to AVEN and Tumblr because I'm so sick of all other media pretending like such a big part of who I am doesn't exist.

We must raise more awareness for asexuality! We're here! We're proud! And there's nothing wrong with us!

Love all if the awareness you're raising for asexuality (and also love that it's a woman of color and a lingerie model debunking asexual stereotypes).

Archived