Demi and bisexual?

Al8

Hi,

so I’m new here and only rather recently found out that I am demisexual - or that’s the closest label to what I experience. While I personally don’t care about labels all that much, I kinda want to know after thinking about it for a really long time which one would fit me best. And so far everything just felt a little weird and kind of “not queer enough”, although I know that’s stupid.

I only ever had two crushes that I could identify as such, others I pretended to have because for example my friends all had some or people would bug me about having one, so I would make one up and forget that I made them up... if that makes any sense. Anyway, I only had those two crushes on men, but there is at least one girl who might have been a crush, but it’s hard to know since it’s been a long time ago. And that’s why I am wondering whether I might be bi.

I had many conversations with straight and one gay friend, however they are all allo, hence could just be like: “if you have a crush, you know it’s a crush” or “just experiment and make out with people”. Not exactly what I want to do.

During those conversations I did find some other hints too. For example, when I think of going on a date with no specific person, I don’t know which gender they are, what many of my friends did know. Or I could imagine being in a relationship with either. The thing about imagining sex or kissing though is, that I never experienced any of that and I just think trying to imagine that with either is and feels equally weird... so, yeah...

Any bi demisexuals here, that could tell me how they found out?

Thanks, Al

@Al8, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

I'm demiromantic and bisexual, is the best conclusion I could come to :) the reason it was confusing is because I'm also sex repulsed so sexual attraction is confusing for me. As I'm trans, it's kind of taken a while into my transition(I've been out as non binary for two years) to start engaging with any significant number of LGBT+ people whatsoever, and because of romantic stuff being confusing as well as me being kind of...I guess gullible or flighty or generally having issues with boundaries, I need more than a few friends who actually gender me correctly before I'll just be thinking I'm in love with someone because they're a long time friend who happens to treat me well. I don't know how to explain it but it happens with friends I've known for years and I don't want to change the relationship, so dating isn't really an option since I'm at the stage of being overwhelmed by anyone who doesn't misgender me...

But generally my experience is that I'm attracted to all kinds of people(though I think I'm not so into really masculine men, more androgynous/fem leaning), I'm just not able to date right now or really consider anything beyond that. Solidarity with you, a different sort of demi bi, and cake. 🎂

• 3 weeks later...

I have come to identify as demisexual.  I have always felt almost like I'd be open to bi-sexuality,  meaning messing around with another guy,   maybe even a little intrigued by the idea at times, but there has never been a guy that I have ever found attractive in anyway and don't feel like I can form the same kind of emotional bond with them.  As attached as I have been to some of my male friends I never felt sexually attracted. 

Archived