Chloe88

UK elections - who also doesn't give a hoot?

Sally

Yes, those who do statistics can determine what the voting pattern was a particular geographical or demographical sector.

But those studies are not going to show whether John Jones as an individual voted  -- because that's not what they're interested in.  The political parties might want to do that in order to try to try to convince someone to vote a certain way.  But no, if you as an individual don't vote, that's not going to "send a signal" to anyone.   I wouldn't have any idea whether you voted or not.  

Sally
Just now, Sally said:

Yes, those who do statistics can determine what the voting pattern was a particular geographical or demographic sector.   The political parties might want to find out HOW you voted in order to try to try to convince someone to vote a certain way.  But no, if you as an individual DON'T vote, that's not going to "send a signal" to anyone, because your nonexistent vote will be voiceless.  

oldgeeza

I have to be honest, if I were eligible to vote, I don't think I would, why? Because for as far back as I can recall, the system has been corrupt, sadly it's becoming even more corrupt, we're getting more politicians, all claiming a good wage, far, far higher than most of us will earn over any period in our lives, they push their beliefs on us, telling us what they want to, painting over the truth, they don't have a clue how the working classes survive, they couldn't even tell you the cost of a pint of milk, they hype everything for their benefit hoping that the public will believe their every word, blatantly lying most of the time, they are out to look after their own, the rich, they don't care for the general public and their points of view, we still have to pay their wages regardless, I lost all trust in politicians many years ago, I don't think they are worthy of my vote as I don't trust any of them.

As for affordable accommodation, I believe house prices should be capped, I'm ashamed to say that it's people of my age group that really set the greed ball rolling when it comes to extortionate house prices, moving every few months and making big profits from property, I just spent £75000 over the past 10 years renovating my house, the only house I've ever owned, it's bought and paid for, it's value on the property market, £45-50000, do I care? No because I bought my house to live in, not for profit 

• Like 1

Chloe88

Sadly a lot of people fall for the lies and will clap and cheer each time a politician opens his or her mouth to make a grand promise. 

oldgeeza
5 hours ago, Chloe88 said:

Sadly a lot of people fall for the lies and will clap and cheer each time a politician opens his or her mouth to make a grand promise. 

Sadly I remember vividly back to when Maggie Thatcher was elected back in 1979 and I've witnessed the growth in greed and the increase in lies, I don't solely blame conservatives for this but the politicians are like a bunch of spoiled rich kids that bicker over anything, even when something sensible is suggested, just because that particular bunch didn't suggest it, Milliband and Corbyn recently have shown themselves up for this over the past few years, sometimes you have to agree with the good ideas, but sadly greed has brought this country down 

i admit  it to not understanding all about the eu, but that has shown us up for the laughing stock our respective leaders are supposed to be. I try to ignore these people in government as I feel I know as much as them and that ain't much 

• Like 1