Celibacy and Asexuality

Anita Teresita

@Anita Teresita They are different.

Asexuality is a lack of Sexual Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have sex with someone (This is different from arousal, which doesn't always lead to desiring sex).

Whereas Celibacy is the choice not to have sex.

Yes. Many asexuals choose to be celibate, but not all, and it doesn't matter if they are or aren't. Many sexuals do the same, though they tend to for different reasons (religion being a big and obvious one). 

Celibacy is choosing not to have sex, for whatever reason.

Asexuality is the sexual orientation of not being attracted to anyone (which I share MichaelTannock's definition for).

Many asexual people choose to be celibate because they are just, well, you know, "not interested."

I'd just reiterate what has already been said. Celibacy is the choice, or the act of not having sex. Asexuality is just... not being interested. Celibacy is irrelevant.

Celibacy is the sexual orientation where you are sexually attracted to celery.

Spoiler

Everyone above me answered with the actually correct answer, I just wanted to also say words.

21 hours ago, Puck said:

Celibacy is the sexual orientation where you are sexually attracted to celery.

Reveal hidden contents

Everyone above me answered with the actually correct answer, I just wanted to also say words.

Err... what?

1 hour ago, thylacine said:

Err... what?

Is just a dumb joke because there were already 300 correct replies so I figured I'd just have fun :)

14 hours ago, Puck said:

Is just a dumb joke because there were already 300 correct replies so I figured I'd just have fun :)

Don't invalidate my choice of vegetables

3 hours ago, œddy said:

Don't invalidate my choice of vegetables

*sigh*

Only you can decide your vegetables. We can only give you suggestions, but it sounds like celery to me. You can take or leave my thoughts, but based on my experiences and understandings, it’s celery.

This is probably a good time to get back to the original topic. Thanks 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 9:12 PM, thylacine said:

Many asexual people choose to be celibate because they are just, well, you know, "not interested."

Count me as an asexual who hasn't had sex because I have no 'need or urge' for it. This was never a conscious decision on my part to not have sex for any particular reason.

17 hours ago, will123 said:

Count me as an asexual who hasn't had sex because I have no 'need or urge' for it. This was never a conscious decision on my part to not have sex for any particular reason.

Yeah, same here.

Archived