Hello from Sri Lanka

Imasha

Hello people around the world. So happy to discover this place and to know I am a normal healthy being. I love to have a marriage with less to no sex and adopt a kid. I thought it might be impossible as how do I go about that? I've not yet given up hope. I'm 25 and still hoping I guess. It's a relief to know asexuality is a thing. I thought that I was abnormal. 

Welcome! I would recommend looking into asexual dating sites. If you prefer to start as friends and go from there’s then maybe a Meetup would be more your thing :) 

chocolate-truffle-cake-dark-chocolate-ca

Hiya :D 

Welcome to AVEN! Thank you for signing up and introducing yourself! You've come to the right place - this is a wonderful community with lots of friendly and supportive people from all over the planet :) It never ceases to amaze me that we literally have members from around the world.

You might want to kick things off by having a look at Questions About Asexuality, which has a lot of information about the basics behind the concept of asexuality, all in one place. Then there's Asexual Relationships, where we talk about how being asexual (or somewhat close to that) affects our everyday relationships, be them familial, platonic or romantic. If you'd like to have a look at the other side of the equation, For Sexual Partners, Friends And Allies is the place to be. Oh and if you're up for a chat or a little game, join us in Just For Fun!

Take your time to read and explore the forums and if you have a question, ask away! See you around and enjoy some more cake:

chocolate-cake-1kg-beautiful-heart-mediu

• 2 weeks later...

@Imasha A very belated welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a "Hindu Temple Sri Lanka" cake (all edible),

http://cakesdecor.com/cakes/326187-hindu-temple-sri-lanka-challenge

avvsvkxc2lwt0ig6ybom.jpg

• 1 month later...

This is going to sound impossible, but I am in the exact same situation. I was feeling extremely down about being ace here in Sri Lanka, because every time I log onto social media it's about friends getting married. and I really badly want that kind of intimacy and family but I feel like I can't really have a relationship without feeling like I'm tricking them. I guess I've been conditioned to think of sex as the ultimate goal of a relationship? (for more of a coincidence: I'm also 25. I can't tell you how I felt when I was Googling and saw this post and saw that there was someone else with the exact same problems as me) 

• 5 weeks later...

Hey! Very very belated reply from me. I have to thank all of you for the very warm welcome and beautiful cakes! I am burried under the great onslaught of numerous examinations if that is an excuse for the neglect.

Its the greatest thing to know that you are not alone and are accepted as who you are, without expectations and judgments. I believe that it is high time people just put away all the archaic stereotyping and accept that everyone is an different individual and that being different is not a crime. 

Though I must say that the future looks bright as I have felt that there is a good response from most of the people around me regarding asexuality. This might be due to the fact that Sri Lanka is a Buddhist country??? 

I wish happiness to you all until and after I am able to resurface and talk to all again. It has been the most wonderful to meet all of you. 

Hi Imasha!

I visited Sri Lanka last November, I love your beautiful country and even more, the food is the best in the world - no contest.

This community is really friendly, I'm quite new but I feel really welcome already!

Welcome to the forum!

Mish 🍰

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Janus the Fox

I'll lock this as it's been revived enough that it's become over a year old, for future readers, visiting Alternative Language Forum or Meetup Mart for Sri Lankan Members are Options.

Janus DarkFox

Cover Welcome Lounge, Site Comments, Weekends Asexual Relationships, Current Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Musings and Rantings & Open Mic Moderator

Archived