Hi...

Duaa

Hi. I'm new here; actually I just created my account in the middle of class this morning. My name's Duaa and I guess I just wanted to drop in and say hi. 

I discovered I was asexual early high school. I think I was fifteen. I'm eighteen now and I'm honestly just as happy being asexual now as I was three years ago. While it does make things a bit difficult given that I'm heteromantic, I wouldn't change it.

I'm an introvert, but I'd love to get to know people around here, so feel free to message me. I'm honestly interested in a lot of things, hell, even sex from a purely scientific perspective. But as a former bookworm I love to talk about books, movies, and most things involving stories. I love coffee and a major chocoholic. I enjoy painting, eerie music, discussing mental health, science...like I said, a lot of things.

So...yeah. Thanks for actually reading this.

Welcome! Well what sciences do you like, and which books are your favourite? :D 

recipe_elegant-chocolate-cake.jpg?itok=p

That cake looks delicious. And ironically don't usually like cake. 

I love chemistry and psychology, but honestly anything is fine. I just like to make sense of things. 

Books...well Harry Potter is a given. I mostly love YA and fantasy, but I'll read mysteries, contemporary, horror, and occasionally romance. Jodi Lynn Anderson is one of my favorite authors and I love the Wayward Children series by Seanan McGuire. 

Hiya :D 

Welcome to AVEN! Thank you for signing up and introducing yourself! You've come to the right place - this is a wonderful community with lots of friendly and supportive people from all over the planet :) 

You might want to kick things off by having a look at Questions About Asexuality, which has a lot of information about the basics behind the concept of asexuality, all in one place. Then there's Asexual Relationships, where we talk about how being asexual (or somewhat close to that) affects our everyday relationships, be them familial, platonic or romantic. Romantic And Aromantic Orientations is where we talk about all the shapes and sizes romance comes in. Oh and if you're up for a chat or a little game, join us in Just For Fun - it's also a great place to get to know other AVENites, away from the serious stuff.

Take your time to read and explore the forums and if you have a question, ask away! See you around and since you're not into cake, how about cookies?

18-PIECE-ASSORTMENT-2T.jpg

4 hours ago, Homer said:

Hiya :D 

Welcome to AVEN! Thank you for signing up and introducing yourself! You've come to the right place - this is a wonderful community with lots of friendly and supportive people from all over the planet :) 

You might want to kick things off by having a look at Questions About Asexuality, which has a lot of information about the basics behind the concept of asexuality, all in one place. Then there's Asexual Relationships, where we talk about how being asexual (or somewhat close to that) affects our everyday relationships, be them familial, platonic or romantic. Romantic And Aromantic Orientations is where we talk about all the shapes and sizes romance comes in. Oh and if you're up for a chat or a little game, join us in Just For Fun - it's also a great place to get to know other AVENites, away from the serious stuff.

Take your time to read and explore the forums and if you have a question, ask away! See you around and since you're not into cake, how about cookies?

Thanks! I actually looked into a lot of those over the past year and a half ish, but I'm definitely interested in Just For Fun. And I love cookies. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

A very belated welcome to AVEN!

I realised that I'm Asexual at around 14 and I'm now 34.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a "Chemistry text book" cake (all edible),

http://cakesdecor.com/cakes/197695-chemistry-text-book-cake
w45vz1rh6utzneqbmo51.jpg

Archived