Interesting human sexuality metaphor

MoraDollie

😕 one of the most missed and painful aspects for many sexuals whose partner isn’t attracted to them is the sense of feeling rejected and unloved.

I fully appreciate that, for an asexual partner that has sex, the charity/gift of sex may feel like the sometimes-fun work of accompanying someone to a thing they enjoy doing. (This is how I interpret my partner.) And it’s true that there are many sexuals that enjoy sex without needing the “love”. But it’s rare for a sexual to be in love and not experience a desire for sexual connection.

I think this metaphor isn’t a good one for many/most sexual folks, for whom sexual expression is strongly connected to their experience of love. For that, I tend to think of it as similar to meaningful conversations and nonsexual physical affection —  activities where absence/rejection can be emotionally distancing/painful.

Using methaphors to explain how something complex like sexuality works (when you yourself don't expierence) is ridiculous, not to mention a sign of Dunning-Kruger Effect.

The food methaphor and the island methaphor all fail for those exact reasons as well. This methaphor is no different.

From what I understand, riding different rides in that park is supposed to be a methaphor for different types of sexual activities... and not different sexes/genders that people usually have sexual preferences for ( which should be tied to the people you choose to go on a ride with... which they conveniently didn't touch for whatever reason). Also where does masturbation fit into all of this?

This paints asexuals as people who are not interested into sex, wants to have sex because they enjoy it, wants sex now but doesn't really care for it most of the time, don't want sex at all... at the same time. This is nothing but mental gymnastics.

The whole "I'll go on the ride because I like it and happened to see it, if I see it, I wanna ride it, otherwise, I'm cool without it" part sounds like whoever wrote that sentence had a stroke.

The fact that someone took the time to think up such a detailed metaphor is.... interesting. I wonder why.

Human sexuality is like an amusement park in that the last time I went on a ride I had a life-threatening seizure. 8) 

Archived