Elle — Asexuality Meaning And How It Affects Sex And Relationships

Homer

Are your friends forever obsessing over their latest TV show crush, but you never understand the attraction? Do you simply have no interest in sex? Perhaps, you find yourself having sex with your partner to satisfy their needs over yours. Alternatively, you may not mind sex, but struggle to find any burning desire for it.

If this sounds like you, you could be asexual

Nov 13, 2019 — https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-culture/culture/a29347562/asexuality/

2 minutes ago, KrysLost said:

I'm surprised you're able to find so many article's talking about asexuality. 

There are spikes with more articles than at other times. Valentine's Day was one noticable event that prompted a boatload of articles. I expect Giftmas to be similar. Other than that, it's pretty much a constant flow, with the occasional "celebrity" (whom I have never heard of) talking about the topic.

Decent article, but there are a few inaccuracies.

First off, it is perfectly possible to "obsess over a TV show crush" without feeling any physical/sexual attraction in the slightest.

And this:

"AVEN might have been founded in 2001, but the reality of people living without sexual desires dates as far back as 1890s."

The "reality of people ..."? I think what they really mean is "recorded mention" of said people, or the scientific examination of the phenomenon.

Maybe it's just clumsy wording, but things like that bug me nonetheless.

Archived