• Mostly Yes
    • Mostly No
    • Always No
    • What is a Walk/Don't Walk Light?
    • I Don't Walk Ever
    • I ONLY Disobey Them, Even if Traffic is Coming

This poll is closed to new votes

everywhere and nowhere

I sometimes disobey the red light when it's safe to cross the street anyway.

Unfortunately - unlike in countries which respect pedestrians more and have far better traffic safety statistics - in Poland crossing the street when the red light in on, or crossing the street outside a crosswalk if there is one within I-don't-remember-how-many meters, is by itself a minor traffic offence and it is possible - albeit unlikely - to be fined for it. (The most risky time is when police starts again an "Unprotected Traffic Participants" campaign - instead of educating drivers, of doing something for example about the deadly offence of overtaking right before a crosswalk - they instead do what is simpler, they "hunt" for pedestrians crossing on a red light. I have been caught once, fortunately I only received an admonition.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We don't have traffic lights where I live. 

We have a Facebook group to warn of moose on the road and where the wolves are at and where bears have been spotted. To keep people updated so everyone can move safely, good to know when you're walking your dogs...

mostly no. i hate pushing the button to stop traffic just so i can walk, and it takes a lot of time too. plus life is so much more interesting when you just go for it and dodge cars along the way.

• 11 months later...

@Alawyn-Aebt

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived